Checking in

Old April 27th 05, 12:10 AM
Shelley

Default Checking in

Hi all, just wanted to check in and say hi. Baby Owen was 3 weeks old
on Saturday and is doing quite well. He's a good baby and is fairly
content except for a period in the evening when he's can be quite fussy
for a few hours. He's feeding well and I've been pumping once a day to
stock up for times when we go out or have company over and I can't
breastfeed. He's up 2-3 times in the night and likes to sleep on me at
night. During the day he'll sleep in a bassinet or bouncy chair but
not at night. Not sure why that is. Big brother Jacob loves "his
baby" and likes to hold and kiss him but he sometimes gets a little too
close and in Owens face. Better that not liking his brother and being
hateful though. I personally have healed from the birth much quicker
than I did with Jacob except I have a yeast infection right now and my
back has been bothering me quite a bit. I'm very tired and will not
miss the night feedings at all. I so hope that he won't be one of
those babies that continues to get up in the night for a long time.
That is one of my least favorite parts of babyhood.

Congratulations to those who've reacently had babies. I see we had a
busy day on the 11th. Good luck to all those who are expecting new
ones soon.

Bye for now,
Shelley
mom to Jacob (3 yo) and Owen (3 wo)

Old April 27th 05, 01:05 AM
Mamma Mia

"Shelley" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

congrats shelley, i think i missed your announcement post. Sounds like it
is going well. I must start pumping too, i left it too late last time and
Sam would not take the bottle. Jacob sounds like Joe's big brother - loves
him a bit too much at times, hugs his head....but as you say, better than
hating him. I still worry he might get jack of the new baby.

how are you going with the two boys thing? I always think i will have a
little tiny place of sadness in my heart that i dont have a daughter, but i
love my 3 boys, and i am a lucky girl to have them. Only thing is i hate
that song a little ray of sunshine!

keep smiling!

christine

Old April 27th 05, 02:06 AM
Cuddlefish

Oh that is too bad given that I love this song! :-) In fact with our
daughter due in summer [here in Canada] and her name meaning "ray of
sunshine" it kind of fits so well. Plus it makes me well up every time I
hear it. ;-) I have also been singing "Summertime" to her [hopefully she'll
be convinced when she is born that her daddy is rich and her mum is good
looking... ;-)]

--
Jacqueline

Old April 27th 05, 11:18 AM
Mamma Mia

"Cuddlefish" wrote in message
Oh that is too bad given that I love this song! :-) In fact with our
daughter due in summer [here in Canada] and her name meaning "ray of
sunshine" it kind of fits so well. Plus it makes me well up every time I
hear it. ;-) I have also been singing "Summertime" to her [hopefully
she'll be convinced when she is born that her daddy is rich and her mum is
good looking... ;-)]

--

i only hate it cos i dont have a girl and i most likely will not! but i
dont blame you for liking it, it is a lovely song really!

chris

Jacqueline

Old April 27th 05, 01:45 PM
medgirl

"Cuddlefish" wrote in message
Oh that is too bad given that I love this song! :-) In fact with our
daughter due in summer [here in Canada] and her name meaning "ray of
sunshine" it kind of fits so well. Plus it makes me well up every time I
hear it. ;-) I have also been singing "Summertime" to her [hopefully
she'll be convinced when she is born that her daddy is rich and her mum is
good looking... ;-)]

For some reason my daughter loves "Summertime" - it is a crying antidote
more than any other song.

Sarah
DD 3/1/05

Checking for progress Wendy Pregnancy 78 November 13th 04 12:12 PM
Why do you need a nickname? (Was Checking for progress) Leslie Pregnancy 16 November 9th 04 10:59 PM
Checking in, update Jody Pellerin Pregnancy 11 June 14th 04 05:55 PM
Checking BP/preeclampsia signs in labour Sidheag McCormack Pregnancy 11 October 15th 03 10:25 AM
(CAN.) Checking children's progress a mouse click away [email protected] General 0 August 28th 03 05:35 PM