Vaccine triggers autism. Time for the truth.

Old March 7th 08, 07:06 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
bigvince

Default Vaccine triggers autism. Time for the truth.

http://www.pharmalot.com/2008/03/dad...-anti-vaccine/

Dad In Autism Case: 'I'm Not Anti-Vaccine' March 7th, 2008 11:36 am
By Ed Silverman

Jon Poling, a Georgia neurologist, isn't surprised the federal
government awarded his family compensation from a vaccine injury fund
because his daughter Hannah, now 9, developed autism-like symptoms
after her childhood vaccinations. That's because he knew the case was
a good one. But while the experience may cause most parents to reject
childhood vaccines, Poling still supports their use. "I don't think
the case should scare people," Poling, 37, tells WebMD.

Although the case has rekindled the debate over vaccines and autism,
the federal government hasn't stated that childhood vaccines cause
autism. Instead, federal officials conclude the vaccines, which were
given his daughter in 2000, aggravated a pre-existing condition that
then manifested as autism-like symptoms. .......

But "I want to make it clear I am not anti-vaccine," he says.

"Vaccines are one of the most important, if not the most important
advance, in medicine in at least the past 100 years. But I don't think
that vaccines should enjoy a sacred cow status, where if you attack
them you are out of mainline medicine. Every treatment has a risk and
a benefit. To say there are no risks to any treatment is not true.
Sometimes people are injured by a vaccine, but they are safe for the
majority of people. I could say that with a clean conscience. But I
couldn't say that vaccines are absolutely safe, that they are not
linked to brain injury and they are not linked to autism."

Poling, nonetheless, is hopeful the decision will trigger government
action. "I hope it will force government agencies to look further into
what susceptibility factors are out there for children to develop
brain injury after vaccination, to look into the susceptibility
factors of people at risk."....."

Stay tuned for the commercial part of this thread

Thanks Vince
Old March 7th 08, 11:23 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
D. C. Sessions

In message , bigvince wrote:

*Stay tuned for the commercial part of this thread

Wasn't that it?

--
| The most important exclamation in science isn't "Eureka!" |
| The most important exclamation is "What the BLEEP?" |