Implantation Bleeding or Period? High Temps?

Old December 6th 03, 03:50 PM
WintrSsnrstrm

Default Implantation Bleeding or Period? High Temps?

Hi all. We have been TTC and I have been charting a while. I got a very light
"period" (red in color, but 1/4 as heavy as usual, and over in a day and a
half, nothing on pad, just see it on toilet tissue) five days before AF was
due. That was two days ago, and I still have cramps (not bad, just like a mild
annoyance). I also still had a high temp this morning, which I know when I get
my period, it drops bigtime, even before it actually flows down to where I see
that I got my period. What's making me wonder if this is all implantation
bleeding is:

1) the short, super light (for me) "period"
2) the fact that it's early, which I tend to be late, almost never early
3) big red flag: high temp the day after my "period"
4) still feel crampy
5) not the usual sense of "relief" when I get my period, I still feel like I
could get my period any day, if that makes sense

What's making me doubt it could be implatation bleeding:
1) It was red, not brown or pink, and it was more than spotting but definitely
light
2) just a hint of breast soreness (barely), no nausea

I am doing an HPT when AF is due, in about three days, but I would appreciate
it if anyone has any opinions on whether I COULD be preg. or if I am just
getting my hopes up for nothing.

THANKS! Sorry for such a long post!
Diandra
Old December 6th 03, 04:36 PM
Sophie

1) the short, super light (for me) "period"
2) the fact that it's early, which I tend to be late, almost never early
3) big red flag: high temp the day after my "period"
4) still feel crampy
5) not the usual sense of "relief" when I get my period, I still feel like

could get my period any day, if that makes sense

What's making me doubt it could be implatation bleeding:
1) It was red, not brown or pink, and it was more than spotting but

definitely
light
2) just a hint of breast soreness (barely), no nausea

Sounds good to me. I don't feel nauseous till week 7 or 8.

I am doing an HPT when AF is due, in about three days, but I would

appreciate
it if anyone has any opinions on whether I COULD be preg. or if I am just
getting my hopes up for nothing.

THANKS! Sorry for such a long post!
Diandra

Get a First Response pregnancy test. You could take it now - lol.

Good luck.

Sophie
#4 due 7/18/04

Old December 6th 03, 05:51 PM
Jody Pellerin

I would definitely say you could be. I was pregnant, had no idea. No nausea.
The only symptoms I had was getting tired more. More breasts didn't start to
get sore till my period was late. Implantation occurs a week before your
period is due and a week after ovulation. Sounds like that's about what that
bleeding is. Definitely get a test. First Response Early Pregnancy test and
test first thing in the morning.
Cramping is quite normal for the first three months. As well as some women
say they just 'know' they're pregnant. While I'm not arguing that, I have to
say that's not the case for everybody. I thought for sure I wasn't. I
thought it was just stress that I was late.
So definitely do a test and let us know the result Good luck!
"WintrSsnrstrm" wrote in message
[...]

---

Old December 7th 03, 04:36 AM
Spectre

That is what sucks about TTC - the WAITING!!!! Truth is, you won't know
until you really know. With my first pregnancy I had EVERY possible
pregnancy symptom, but being on the pill it was the last thing I would have
guessed. Decided on a HPT when I was 2 weeks late. I was very ill when I
conceived, so any 'first signs' were hidden. I did however have
'implantation spotting' when my period was due One day, and it was a bit
'heavier than pink'. Between that and my second pregnancy I had every
possible symptom and sign. When I guessed that I had a good chance of
being pregnant (confirmed by a HPT on the day AF was due) my only symptom
was entire lack of PMS, and the 'I've been trying for a year and a half this
has to be it' mind frame.

Hang in there a few more days at least!! I know it's so hard, but there is
no way to tell before the 'earliest test date', and even then you could get
a false negative. I hope this is it for you!!

--
Spectre
Mom to Tabitha Malice October 4 to October 15, 2001

Old October 13th 05, 07:02 AM
DanniH

Hi Everyone,
I am on the pill but missed the first 3 in the pack. For the last 2 weeks
I have been feeling nauseated in the afternoons and some foods turn my
stomach. The thought of being pregnant crossed my mind. I waited
patiently for AF, and it did arive only one day late. It seems different
though then usual. My cramps are very mild and after one day it almost
seems like it may be done. Isn't this too late for implantation bleeding?
Even though I am on birth control, I am actually hoping I could be
pregnant. Am I just making something out of nothing?
Danni

Old October 13th 05, 04:42 PM
oregonchick

"DanniH" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
Hi Everyone,
I am on the pill but missed the first 3 in the pack. For the last 2 weeks
I have been feeling nauseated in the afternoons and some foods turn my
stomach. The thought of being pregnant crossed my mind. I waited
patiently for AF, and it did arive only one day late. It seems different
though then usual. My cramps are very mild and after one day it almost
seems like it may be done. Isn't this too late for implantation bleeding?
Even though I am on birth control, I am actually hoping I could be
pregnant. Am I just making something out of nothing?
Danni

We do tend to make mountains out of nothing when we want to be pregnant. It
is highly unlikely in your case, but not impossible. I had lots of periods
like you described while on the pill though. FWIW, I had implantation on
the 23rd day of my cycle, 9 days after I suspected that I ovulated. If you
do want to be pregnant, I suggest you make sure all your affairs are in
order and that both you and your partner are ready for that life change.

Betsy