People have stories for everything!!

Old May 8th 04, 03:37 AM
Carla

Default People have stories for everything!!

On Sat, 08 May 2004 01:39:29 GMT, "Jill" wrote:

If my husband will
cooperate for a short while, I want to tell them it DID turn out to be a
boy...is that too mean? I wouldn't let it go far...just want them to get
that jolt. lol.

Nah it's not too mean. If you two can keep a straight face keep up
the 'it's a boy' thing and then ask one of them to change 'his'
diaper. However, I'd probably reserve this little prank for the ones
that were the most pushy and annoying about it while you were pg. :-)

Carla
#1 due 5/14/04
Old May 8th 04, 03:55 AM
Tori M.

...and she was often a cross-dresser (oh we must be such perverts to put a
4
mo girl in a *blue* outfit!!! shock horror).

I put Bonnie in blue ALL the time because it just makes her eyes turn to a
beautiful warm shade of blue that everyone comments on when we go out.. hehe
it is fun to get the "Oh what a cute baby" comment on occation

Now that Mohawk thing she had going on from about 4 months to 11 months I
was ready to shoot the next person that asked me if we spiked her hair...
that is when we finaly snipped off the old long hair on the top of her head.

Tori
--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

Old May 8th 04, 08:09 AM
A&G&K

"Jill" wrote in message
om...

"A&G&K" wrote ... or "oh you are
breastfeeding
her ... are you *sure* you have enough milk ... she looks a bit thin".

I'd have to say something smart*ss to this. If my MIL or mother or someone

have contact with a lot would say this often it would make me mad and I'd
have to make them stop, because that is detrimental and wrong. But a
stranger? goodlord. I'd have to say "She looks thin? Good, our diet is
working! My doctor told me if I only drink skim milk and eat fat free
myself, my own milk will be skim and it will keep her thin- that's just

what
we want! Thanks." lol.

LOL - I used to say "well its lucky that *one* of us is thin then"..
DD takes after DH in build (thank goodness) ... tall and slim .... well I
*used* to qualify as that type of build, but at the moment its more like
"above average height and blubbery". At least I do look pregnant now to
strangers - I've been able to notice the tummy since I was about 12 weeks,
but I just looked like a "lady with uncontrolled eating habits" for a while
there .... (hopefully I'll lose stacks of weight again when I'm
breastfeeding ... but this time I shall not use it as an excuse to down
copious quantities of my Mum's dateloaf, chocolate cake or Anzac cookies!!)

I think you really do have to perfect the "smile and nod" for strangers who
insist on making ridiculous comments.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old May 8th 04, 08:10 AM
A&G&K

"Tori M." wrote in message
...and she was often a cross-dresser (oh we must be such perverts to put

4
mo girl in a *blue* outfit!!! shock horror).

I put Bonnie in blue ALL the time because it just makes her eyes turn to a
beautiful warm shade of blue that everyone comments on when we go out..

hehe
it is fun to get the "Oh what a cute baby" comment on occation

That's why I loved to dress DD in blue (especially dark blue) ... it just
makes her eyes stand out so beautifully
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old May 10th 04, 08:45 PM
Amy

I've had a lot of this, people are so know-it-all sometimes. I frequently
have to roll my eyes and tell them that we didn't just see 'no penis' we saw
_labia_. If it's a boy the poor little kid has problems!

As for the horror stories, I don't know why people feel they have to relay
those to every pregnant woman they meet. A lot of them don't even sound
factual. I have the ultimate pregnancy horror story of my own anyway, the
show-stopper of my son's stillbirth, so if anyone gives me crap I tell them
all the details, screw their feelings, and it usually shuts them up.

"Jill" wrote in message
m...
Wow, this is one thing I won't miss about being pregnant, but...do people
still do this with babies and toddlers?? LOL.

For example, my 18 week ultrasound showed a girl and we have planned
accordingly. The u/s tech says she never reveals the sex unless she is

sure
(but then, offers the disclaimer that there is no 100% guarantee, just in
case). But as we have been piled up on the girl gifts, friends and inlaws
claim to know tons of people who thought they were having a girl until a

boy
popped out. They keep asking us what we will do. My response is always
"Well, obviously, we'll have to give him up for adoption! " with an

eyeroll.
Someone in my family asked me "What if Rachel is a boy? We already call

her
Rachel!" and I said "well, then I WILL get to use the name David after
all...David Rachel it will be!" With the same eyeroll.

But, people have a story for everything...there's the mom who delivered 2
months early...theone who delivered 2 weeks late...the one whose feet
swelled so bad she couldn't walk...the one whose water broke at

work/grocery
store/church, the one who delivered in the car, the one who had twins when
she thought she was having one, etc etc. Not to mention all the old wives
tales and advice and predictions.

I won't miss those, they tire me out! But it is bothersome, that people

keep
mentioning that I might not behaving a girl, 1000 times a day. They didn't
do this early on. It's just getting bad now that I am close to my due

date.
Another response I use is "Well, no one will see him in all the dresses at
home. When we go out I will at least put him in a blue dress." etc etc.

??
what do people want me to say?

Next time.........I want to be surprised anyway!

Old May 10th 04, 08:48 PM
Amy

"Tori M." wrote in message
Next week I go in for ultrasound #2 I will be 17 weeks then... I get to

have
1 every month lucky me... too bad that gel stuff does not do anything good
for your skin or at least make you smell pretty

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

The gel they use here actually has a pleasant, sweet smell....but about it
being good for your skin...ack!
If they don't wipe it off properly it makes me itch like heck. It was
embarrassing walking through the hospital scratching my tummy and trying to
rub it off. I'm having u/s about once a fortnight now, so you get used to
it.