What's in your Diaper Bag?

Old April 29th 04, 05:08 PM
CrystalRGarcia74

Default What's in your Diaper Bag?

Mountain Standard Time
COACH makes a diaper bag?
IF ONLY I had the money!!!!

Yeah they do but I guess it was pretty pricey but it was one of those "I gotta
have it" When it comes to shoes and purses I am a gotta have girl. One of the
ladys that is on the PTO at my kids school bought a Louis Vuitton diaper bag in
Mexico and it is so cute. I have some Louis purses and I could not tell the
difference between mine and her diaper bag. And you could usually tell by the
way it is stiched and real Louis depending on the style you won't see the LV
letters cut off at the seem

-Heather

Old April 29th 04, 06:21 PM
Tori M.

At this moment there is absolutely nothing in my diaper bag but my purse has
3 diapers in it

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04
"Hoister" wrote in message
om...
Hi everyone,

I am doing a design project on diaper bags at school, and I would love
to know wha you bring with you when you are out with your child(ren)!

- what kind of bag do you use?
- what items do you carry for yourself?
- what are your essentials for your child?
- what other items do you carry?

Any other general diaper bag comments will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks!!!

Old April 29th 04, 08:06 PM
Chotii

"CrystalRGarcia74" wrote in message
Hoister wrote:

I am doing a design project on diaper bags at school, and I would love
to know wha you bring with you when you are out with your child(ren)!

- what kind of bag do you use?
- what items do you carry for yourself?
- what are your essentials for your child?
- what other items do you carry?

Any other general diaper bag comments will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks!!!

Awww bags!! I just got a new diaper bag made by Coach last week and I

love
it!! Before that I had one made by Burberry. (Got it from my baby shower

from
a girlfriend) I think of my diaper bags like if they were my purse. I

have
tons of purses but I don't really see the point in having to carry both.

DH
even has his own diaper bag that his mother bought it called the Dad Bag,

think that is made by Jack Spade I am not to sure. But he could care less

he
has thrown things in a plastic grocery bag! Which always embarrasses me.

Heh. A plastic grocery bag is my *favorite* kind of diaper bag, because we
use cloth diapers full-time (yes, even when we go out, and for overnight
trips - I find it no more difficult to wrap up a wet diaper and pack it home
than to wrap up a disposable and throw it in the trash). You never know when
you're going to have to cannibalise the 'diaper bag' to wrap up a wet diaper
or a shirt that got a bad spill on it (and I have).

I do have a plastic mesh 'garden gear' bag I picked up at Lowes, looks a lot
like a paper grocery bag with webbing handles except see-through. I like it
because I can see what's in it from all angles, and it's not the sort to
hold moisture in. But what usually happens is that the bag du jour gets
more and more stuff tossed in - baby toys, big-kid toys, spare diapers, bags
of snacks - until it's so big and unwieldy that I start a new bag.
Eventually the old bag gets emptied out and stuff put away.

As for what's in it? A couple of 'diaper packs' (cloth diaper and fleece
liner) wrapped up in individual plastic grocery bags, one diaper per bag, a
change of clothes for baby, a bottle of drinking water for me and/or the
kids, snacks of various varieties, sometimes my purse, cell phone...

When I go out for short trips though, it's a 'diaper pack' and that's it,
literally. One cloth diaper/fleece liner wrapped up in a plastic grocery
bag. Light, easy to stow, easy to carry, easy to dump into the diaper pail
when I get home. (I can do this because Gwendolyn only poops about every 5th
day right now. I'm *very* rarely surprised by a poopy diaper, and anyway I
carry wipes in the van.)

It's interesting to hear what other people look for in a diaper bag, because
it echoes my search for the Perfect Purse. And my amusement that my mother's
Perfect Purse is absolutely nothing like mine.

--angela

Old April 29th 04, 09:38 PM
Todd Gastaldo

I liked this part of Angela's answer:

"...A plastic grocery bag is my *favorite* kind of diaper bag, because we
use cloth diapers full-time (yes, even when we go out, and for overnight
trips - I find it no more difficult to wrap up a wet diaper and pack it home
than to wrap up a disposable and throw it in the trash)...."

Here's one essay on the cloth vs. disposable debate...
http://www.mindfully.org/Plastic/Diaper-Not-Clear.htm
http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~ohioli...5000/5503.html

The "What's in your Diaper Bag" subject line keeps catching my eye I think
because out here on the West coast (probably nationwide?), Capitol One (?)
had a commercial for their credit cards that asked:

"What's in YOUR wallet?!"

Part of the cloth vs. disposable debate involves what's in the ENVIRONMENT'S
wallet...

Ohio State University concluded in 2002 that "No evidence exists that one
method is clearly superior in terms of impact on health, environment, and
economic issues" and that "overall health and environmental issues" are "not
fully understood,"
http://www.mindfully.org/Plastic/Diaper-Not-Clear.htm
http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~ohioli...5000/5503.html

Once the cloth vs disposable debate has been won...maybe we will see diaper
commercials that demand to know:

What's in YOUR diaper bag?!

Thanks for reading,

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS What's the right answer when they ask at the supermarket, "Paper or
plastic?"

Will Angela's favorite diaper bag be the ONLY grocery bag in the future
or....?

Oh yeah - don't forget - OBs and CNMwives are knowingly closing birth canals
up to 30% and it's EASY for a woman to allow her birth canal to OPEN the
"extra" up to 30%...

PROOF that OBs and CNMwives are routinely closing birth canals up to 30%...

According to the Merck Manual:

"When shoulder dystocia occurs...the mother's thighs are hyperflexed to
increase the diameter of the pelvic outlet..."
http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanu...er253/253g.jsp

WHY are OBs and CNMwives (nurse midwives) waiting until the
head is
out and shoulders get stuck before giving the baby maximum pelvic outlet
diameter?

WHY are we letting OBs and CNMwives force babies' heads through birth canals
senselessly closed up to 30%?

OBs and CNMwives are SLICING vaginas (euphemism "routine episiotomy") -
surgically/FRAUDULENTLY inferring everything possible is being done to OPEN
birth canals - even as they CLOSE birth canals - up to 30%!

See Criminal medical CAM at Hawai'i's John A Burns School of
Medicine
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2256

PREGNANT WOMEN: It is EASY for you to allow your birth canal to OPEN the
"extra" up
to 30%.
Just roll onto your side as you push your baby out - or deliver on
hands-and-knees, kneeling, standing, squatting, etc.

BUT BEWA "Midwives...encourage...semisitting." (!)
--Yale CNMwifery Prof. Helen Varney. Varney's Midwifery. Sudbury, MA: Jones
and Bartlett. 4th ed. 2004:839]

Some MDs and MBs will let you "try" "alternative"
delivery positions but will move you back to dorsal or semisitting (close
your birth canal!) as you push your baby out!

Talk to your MD or MB about this TODAY. (For further details see the
"Criminal medical CAM" URL above.)

MDs/MBs: If you must push or pull - and sometimes you must - first get the
woman off her sacrum - off her back/butt.

Thanks for reading everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

Old April 29th 04, 10:35 PM
Jacqui

Hoister wibbled

- what kind of bag do you use?
- what items do you carry for yourself?
- what are your essentials for your child?
- what other items do you carry?

1a. A nappy sack which contains a clean nappy, some cotton wool,
pocket-size pack of wipes, and another nappy sack. Travelling light
is good, and this covers most day-to-day trips we do with ease, and
fits in my regular bag or the bottom of the pushchair or stroller,
even in the tiny pocket at the bottom of our backcarrier.
1b. A Carter's VHC bag which is big enough to take:
3. some nappies (3 reusable AIOs or 6 disps), cotton wool and/or
wipes, nappy sacks, liners for the reusables, a clean outfit and a
spare pair of socks or tights (the opposite of whatever he's wearing
that day), teething gel and baby paracetamol sachets, a mug, spoons,
a bib, harness for a highchair, a sample tub of Sudocrem, a rattle
or soft toy, a book, a muslin, a portable changemat.

I rarely carry anything for myself in the Carter's bag, although if
I'm not taking a bag I'll drop my keys and phone and purse in there
if I don't have pockets. The side pockets are big enough for a can
or bottle too, if I want one.

Jac
Old April 30th 04, 12:14 AM
Chotii

Default My diapering philosophy (was: What's in your Diaper Bag?)

"Todd Gastaldo" wrote in message
link.net...
I liked this part of Angela's answer:

"...A plastic grocery bag is my *favorite* kind of diaper bag, because we
use cloth diapers full-time (yes, even when we go out, and for overnight
trips - I find it no more difficult to wrap up a wet diaper and pack it

home
than to wrap up a disposable and throw it in the trash)...."

Here's one essay on the cloth vs. disposable debate...
http://www.mindfully.org/Plastic/Diaper-Not-Clear.htm
http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~ohioli...5000/5503.html

The "What's in your Diaper Bag" subject line keeps catching my eye I think
because out here on the West coast (probably nationwide?), Capitol One

(?)
had a commercial for their credit cards that asked:

"What's in YOUR wallet?!"

Part of the cloth vs. disposable debate involves what's in the

ENVIRONMENT'S
wallet...

Once the cloth vs disposable debate has been won...maybe we will see

diaper
commercials that demand to know:

What's in YOUR diaper bag?!

Heh. Well you know, for me it's not exclusively an environmental thing, it's
a money thing. Disposables are expensive! Especially when I had twins and
one of them HAD to have disposables due to extremely fragile skin - boy,
even at Costco mega-ultra-jumbo pack prices, it was still about $50 a
month. I guarantee it didn't cost $50 a month to wash the cloth diapers we
used on the other twin (which we already had, from kid #1) though I did have
to invest in a new bunch of cloth diapers halfway through the twins. So
that second bunch of diapers are now serving kiddo #4 very well. I even sold
the old, threadbare first bunch on Ebay for $27! And I *told* the buyer what
condition they were in! But presumably they just put a good heavy doubler
like a washcloth into each one, and took advantage of the handy nylon snaps
which were good as new. I'll be able to sell the second bunch of diapers
similarly. I call that "recycling".

Plus, and here's my take on it environmentally, I use cloth *when I can*
(which is not *all* the time, as noted) because I feel human waste should be
treated in waste treatment facilities, and not buried in such a way that it
pretty much cannot biodegrade. I mean, no healthy adult without a medical
reason would even consider for a moment putting their own feces and urine
into the trash. I can't do it with my kids' either.

Other peoples' mileage will naturally vary.

--angela

Old April 30th 04, 01:10 AM
CrystalRGarcia74

From: "Chotii"
Date: 4/29/2004 4:14 PM US Mountain Standard Time

"Todd Gastaldo" wrote in message
hlink.net...
[...]

LOL...were do you think the **** goes in the long run? Sometimes a Landfill!
Are business is down the road from Surban Sanitation and P.U. Septic Service
and DH is really good friends with both owners so I would be more then happy to
get the scoop on this one.

Old April 30th 04, 01:32 AM
KR

My diaper bag is way to big for most outings I go on. It is a rectangular
shape with a large central compartment that is really hard to get open since
it has 2 zippers AND velcro. It has a zipper pocket on the front and 1 on
each sides which are convenient for bottles and stuff. It has a slide in
pocket with just 1 velcro fastener on the other long side. I really need a
better bag.

For myself I carry my wallet, chapstick, water and a hair elastic. Usually
have some kleenex in an easily accesible place, that is for me or DD.

For DD I usually carry 3-4 diapers, a pack of baby wipes, a change of
clothes, a few toys, a small home-made first aid kit, a recieving blanket,
faceclothes and her medical information (mcp and immunization stuff).

I also have a couple grocery bags in there, a waterproof changing pad, a
bib, hand sanitizer, moisture cream and baby wash.

KR

Old April 30th 04, 01:40 AM
Chotii

From: "Chotii"

Plus, and here's my take on it environmentally, I use cloth *when I can*
(which is not *all* the time, as noted) because I feel human waste should

be
treated in waste treatment facilities, and not buried in such a way that

it
pretty much cannot biodegrade. I mean, no healthy adult without a medical
reason would even consider for a moment putting their own feces and urine
into the trash. I can't do it with my kids' either.

LOL...where do you think the **** goes in the long run? Sometimes a

Landfill!
Our business is down the road from Surban Sanitation and P.U. Septic

Service
and DH is really good friends with both owners so I would be more than

happy to
get the scoop on this one.

No pun intended, I'm sure.

Locally, as far as I know ( mean, north King County/south Snohomish County,
Washington state), treated sludge from the water treatment facilities is
used in between rows of fast-growing softwood trees, used for paper pulp.
In other municipalities it is used to fertilize hay for animal feed, dumped
into the ocean, applied to strip mines (for reclamation), to forests, golf
courses, and cemetaries. It is also used to manure farmland, though due to
toxic wastes found in the sludge, this is probably not a good idea.

It seems clear that in some municipalities, sewage sludge is indeed disposed
of in landfills.

Eh. I'll still stick with the cloth. Money talks.

--angela

Old April 30th 04, 01:55 AM
CrystalRGarcia74

From: "Chotii"
Date: 4/29/2004 5:40 PM US Mountain Standard Time

From: "Chotii"

[...]

LOL....no, no pun intended. I didn't mean to say it like that.

Locally, as far as I know ( mean, north King County/south Snohomish County,
Washington state), treated sludge from the water treatment facilities is
used in between rows of fast-growing softwood trees, used for paper pulp.
In other municipalities it is used to fertilize hay for animal feed, dumped
into the ocean, applied to strip mines (for reclamation), to forests, golf
courses, and cemetaries. It is also used to manure farmland, though due to
toxic wastes found in the sludge, this is probably not a good idea.

It seems clear that in some municipalities, sewage sludge is indeed disposed
of in landfills.

Eh. I'll still stick with the cloth. Money talks.

--angela

diaper disposal system???? zolw Pregnancy 22 April 29th 04 01:18 AM
diaper brands and diaper rash Sara General 4 March 16th 04 01:38 PM
diaper disposal systems Shena Delian O'Brien Pregnancy 57 March 8th 04 07:11 PM
diaper rash Diane Pregnancy 10 January 17th 04 12:08 AM
Dirty Diaper song Hillary Israeli General 4 September 12th 03 07:08 PM