December due dates

Old May 7th 04, 03:58 AM
Mary S.

Default December due dates

Welcome and congratulations, if you're just found out! Do you feel
pregnant yet, or is it still new and stunning? Have you started telling
people? Started to look around at the hospitals and birth centers near
you, taking prenatals? Any food cravings, any morning queasiness?
Peeing a million times a day? How's pregnancy treating you so far? I
hope the next nine months are happy, healthy, and fun!

Mary

Old May 8th 04, 02:31 AM
ModernMiko

"Mary S." wrote in message
Welcome and congratulations, if you're just found out! Do you feel
pregnant yet, or is it still new and stunning? Have you started telling
people? Started to look around at the hospitals and birth centers near
you, taking prenatals? Any food cravings, any morning queasiness?
Peeing a million times a day? How's pregnancy treating you so far? I
hope the next nine months are happy, healthy, and fun!

Mary

Hmmm. First one to post for this month. Well there aren't many of us yet.
I've known for about a month now. I definitely feel pregnant - sore boobs,
tired, moody. We've told family and a couple of close friends. Haven't told
work yet and to make matters worse, found out that there is a job that I
*really* want and think I would be perfect for and pays quite a but more
than what I make currently. The universe's timing likes to play cruel tricks
on me I think :-). Have seen the OB once, have a transnuchal U/S and genetic
counseling scheduled for the 25th of this month as well as my second OB
appt. Picked the OB group partially on the hospital they deliver out of - it
reminds me a lot of the hospital in which I delivered DS. I had a surprise
visit to the ER on wed morning due to a severe shortness of breath and was
diagnosed with mild adult onset asthma - *whee* so now I am on an inhaler as
well as my prenatal vitamins. With DS, I had *no* morning sickness or
afternoon or evening sickness other than a nasty case of the flu at about 3
months. With this munchkin, I've thrown up several times mostly around
lunch. Brushing my teeth is an absolute chore as my gag reflex is in high
gear *whee again.* No real food cravings. I've always peed a lot and it's
just even more so since getting pregnant. DH seems to be getting a little
more into the pregnancy. He's going to try to go with me to the U/S so
between seeing that and it being to the three month mark, he'll be a little
more relaxed that everything will be okay. Thanks!!!!

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Old May 8th 04, 01:44 PM
Donna Metler

"ModernMiko" wrote in message
news
"Mary S." wrote in message
Welcome and congratulations, if you're just found out! Do you feel
pregnant yet, or is it still new and stunning? Have you started telling
people? Started to look around at the hospitals and birth centers near
you, taking prenatals? Any food cravings, any morning queasiness?
Peeing a million times a day? How's pregnancy treating you so far? I
hope the next nine months are happy, healthy, and fun!

Mary

I found out about 2 weeks ago-I have my 6 week appointment Tuesday. I
already know which hospital I'm going through-it's the one with the best
NICU, and since I have a 50% chance of recurrent HELLP, which means another
preemie, I want the support. My team is a primary care OB, a Certified
Nurse-Midwife, and a Perinatologist. The midwife is doing most of the care,
although the OB stops in and checks on me at the regular appointments, and
she'll be my primary contact for monitoring. Right now, I'm just checking in
with my BP and protein readings once a week, and going in every two, but
when we get into the danger zone for me, it will be more like a few times a
day. The Peri is on consult, and won't be pulled in unless I start showing
symptoms. So far, my BP is actually lower now than it was
pre-pregnancy-probably because I have so many people threatening to strangle
me if I do ANYTHING which might raise it!

I've been on vitamins since I started TTC, over a year ago-not an official
prenatal, but a multi-vitamin, plus additional folic, calcium and
antioxidants. I'm also on low-dose aspirin therapy (which is supposed to
help in recurrant PE), and cranberry pills (I get UTIs easily while
pregnant, or at least I did last time).

I still have two weeks of school this year, and the peeing all the time is
driving me crazy. So far, morning sickness hasn't been too big of a problem,
but you can't leave a group of kids to run to the bathroom. Luckily, I'm a
music teacher, and have a different group every 45 minutes, so I can usually
make it between classes. The adults in my life generally know-I called
everyone when I ended up on bedrest right after diagnosis because I wanted
the hand holding and support, but I'm not sure whether I should tell my
students or not. I've already applied for leave for all of next school
year-my principal, music supervisor, and district music coordinator all
support me NOT trying to work while pregnant (my supervisor's comment is
"You've had to do too much to get this baby-we're not going to let you tire
yourself out and lose it!"), so I won't be back in the fall.

Food cravings! Actually, this was the first symptom I noticed-all of a
sudden, I would KILL for nachos! This baby definitely has a taste for spice.
Lots of Taco Bell runs to the border on the way home from work. Then, last
night, it was yeast rolls. My husband is putting up with it.

So far, nausea has been only an occasional thing-something I'm very glad
about. I'm definitely starting to get the breast tenderness, and the bulge
is starting to appear-enough that some of my more tailored teaching clothes
are not all that comfortable, and I got the requisite
"Mrs. Metler, are you getting fat?" question from a 5 yr old.

Definitely still having trouble believing this is real. Two years, to the
day, after my due date with Brian, the pregnancy for the next one was
officially diagnosed! After almost a year and a half of TTC-on a month where
we'd about given up.

Old May 8th 04, 07:41 PM
ModernMiko

. ..

"Mary S." wrote in message
[...]

Heh heh! My main craving with DS was Taco Bell. I thought he was going to
come out saying "Yo quiero Taco Bell!" LOL. So far, I haven't craved it this
time although I have wanted Mexican food lately but I think that's because I
get it so rarely- there's not a Mexican restaurant anywhere near here.

Old May 10th 04, 12:00 AM
Rebecca McGraw

I told my co-workers last Monday at our first-of-the-month meeting. I
got in trouble with all the girls for keeping it a secret for a month
before I told (although reaction was positive overall) and now my boss
is treating me like I'm about to break and asking me all the time how
I'm doing. I told him that I was as fine as I was before I told
everyone, and thanks for asking. No nausea or sickness yet (cross
fingers, feel lucky) but my gag reflex is so sensitive that I can't wear
necklaces or a shirt with a high neckline...even tee shirts are driving
me crazy! And my appetite is still gone but I woke up hungry this
morning for the first time in weeks. I go back to the dr Monday after
next and I am curious if I have even gained any weight, although I've
been trying to eat. Mom said that she lost her appetite when she was
pregnant with me so that makes me feel better, since I turned out just
fine

Happy Mother's Day, everyone! Hope yours was lovely.

Rebecca
EDD Dec-02-04

Old May 12th 04, 04:39 AM
Cathy

Mary S. wrote:
Welcome and congratulations, if you're just found out! Do you feel
pregnant yet, or is it still new and stunning? Have you started
telling people? Started to look around at the hospitals and birth
centers near you, taking prenatals? Any food cravings, any morning
queasiness? Peeing a million times a day? How's pregnancy treating
you so far? I hope the next nine months are happy, healthy, and fun!

I think half the world knows! Had to tell DH's workmates, as he wants time
off in December, which is their busiest month. Almost all our friends
know - partly due to the grapevine (I had wanted to tell them personally,
but that's what you get for going on holiday and being away from a phone).
Nausea is not too bad, but my sense of smell is super-sensitive, and even
mundane things like feeding the cat are interesting to say the least (I have
never realised before how much cat food smells!). Just as well I am used to
breathing through my mouth.

I hope all other December-due people are going well.

Cathy
EDD 8 Dec 04

December due dates, TTC'ers, and new members Mary Pregnancy 20 April 4th 04 08:53 PM
Review: 50 First Dates (**) Steve Rhodes General 1 February 23rd 04 02:22 AM
December due dates Mary Pregnancy 16 December 3rd 03 06:40 PM
December due dates Sharon Bailey Glasco Pregnancy 3 September 3rd 03 01:07 PM