Breast Size while breastfeeding (maybe TMI)

Old February 3rd 04, 05:16 AM
Anne Marie

Default Breast Size while breastfeeding (maybe TMI)

Hello all. I was wondering how much of a change did you have in the size
of your breast from pregnancy to breast feeding? I am a 40 DD now (23
weeks pregnant) and wondering what to expect ( I know that everyone is
different) when i breast feed.
TNI
Take care,

AnneMarie
#1 Xandria Marie EDD 06-03-04

Old February 3rd 04, 07:19 AM
iphigenia

Anne Marie wrote:
Hello all. I was wondering how much of a change did you have in the
size of your breast from pregnancy to breast feeding? I am a 40 DD
now (23 weeks pregnant) and wondering what to expect ( I know that
everyone is different) when i breast feed.

All my band size changes happened while I was pregnant - went from a 38 to a
40. Cup size went from a D to a DD, but I know some women have had much more
dramatic cup size increases.

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old February 3rd 04, 09:44 AM
HollyLewis

Hello all. I was wondering how much of a change did you have in the size
of your breast from pregnancy to breast feeding? I am a 40 DD now (23
weeks pregnant) and wondering what to expect ( I know that everyone is
different) when i breast feed.

Pre-preg, I was a 36B. During pregnancy I bought a few 36Cs and then some
38Cs. Immediately post-partum I wore stretchy 40Ds but within a few weeks my
most comfortable bras were 38D, and I wore those for a long time. But by the
time DS was a year old (nursing 3-4x a day) they were a bit big, and by 18
months I was pretty well back into 38C. My breasts really looked pretty much
the same as they did pre-preg and the larger size was mostly because I'd gained
some weight overall.

DS hasn't quite weaned yet but now I'm pregnant again. I may have to break out
some of the larger bras again soon. :-)

Holly
Mom to Camden, almost 3
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old February 3rd 04, 10:16 AM
Jacqui

Anne Marie wibbled

Hello all. I was wondering how much of a change did you have in
the size of your breast from pregnancy to breast feeding? I am a
40 DD now (23 weeks pregnant) and wondering what to expect ( I
know that everyone is different) when i breast feed.

I went from (UK cup sizes, which are different) 40D prepg to 40F midpg
to 44G near the end and am still there (6 months pp, still BFing).

But everyone is different, as you say. Don't panic. :-)

Jac
Old February 3rd 04, 10:48 AM
Anne Rogers

I went from (UK cup sizes, which are different) 40D prepg to 40F midpg
to 44G near the end and am still there (6 months pp, still BFing).

are they? I've bought bras in the US the same size as I would buy in the
UK and the fitted perfectly.

FWIW, pregnancy seemed to cause an increase in 1 cup size very quickly,
32C to 32D at 4 weeks preg, but by about 6 weeks I had to go get new bras
because the band was to tight, I got 34C, they lasted till the end, but I
measured myself and I was actually 36C. Following the rule, down 1 on the
chest, up one in the cup I bought 34D nursing bras, they've been spot on
til the last few weeks, I seem to be popping out of them now, I measured
again and I'm measuring 34DD, which I think is unusual for where I am in
breastfeeding (8 months) some mothers notice a size decrease at this time.

Old February 3rd 04, 04:27 PM
Lucy

"Anne Marie" wrote in message
Hello all. I was wondering how much of a change did you have in the size
of your breast from pregnancy to breast feeding?

Pre-pregnancy, I was 36A.
During pregnancy, 38B.
When my milk first came in, 38D.
After a couple of weeks, 38C.
After about a year, 38B.

Old February 3rd 04, 08:38 PM
HollyLewis

Following the rule, down 1 on the
chest, up one in the cup I

I thought the rule of thumb was 1 size up for each. Which was pretty close for
me, as I went from 36B to mostly 38C, except that there was really more
variation at different times.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 3yo
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old February 4th 04, 12:01 AM
Anne Marie

thank you very much ladies, i am glad that for the most part there
wasn't that much of a change from pregnancy to breast feeding!

AnneMarie

#1 Xandria Marie EDD 06-03-04

Old February 4th 04, 01:10 AM
Dawn Lawson

Anne Marie wrote:

thank you very much ladies, i am glad that for the most part there
wasn't that much of a change from pregnancy to breast feeding!

I went from a 36D to a 38DD and now seem to be a 38D
Engorgement is erm...interesting.

Dawn