Man Forced To Use Loan For Child Support, Not Car

Old April 17th 04, 05:20 AM
Nadacomin

Default Man Forced To Use Loan For Child Support, Not Car

From: "Dusty"
Newsgroups: alt.child-support,

Now, he can file bankruptcy, and, the financial insitution will be left holding
the bag.
Otherwise, his junker he is driving now will break down, and, he will lose his
job, and, go to jail for not paying "child support".

Dusty writes:

Man Forced To Use Loan For Child Support, Not Car
Prosecutors Seize $21,500 From Account

POSTED: 10:23 pm EST April 13, 2004

LEBANON, Ind. -- A man who thought he'd use a $21,500 loan to get a new car
has instead been forced to use it to pay for his child-support debt, the
Boone County prosecutor's office said Tuesday.

The man, who the office didn't identify, had deposited $21,500.62 into a
bank account that prosecutors were monitoring. The prosecutor's office
seized the money April 2.

"Now instead of a new car, the children this father was to support will
receive the money they so desperately need," Boone County Prosecutor Todd J.
Meyer said in a press release.

"This case is a good example of the hundreds of cases we see each year where
noncustodial parents are making the wrong decisions and have their
priorities way out of whack," Meyer said. "This is why the law allows the
government to accomplish this type of victory -- for the protection and
proper development of our community's children."

--- Sure it is..

Eliminate the impossible and whatever
remains, no matter how improbable, must
be the truth.

---- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ---

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
"Don't mistake kindness for weakness"

Please visit CORRECTIONS BULLETIN BOARD:
http://nadacomin.0catch.com/
Old April 18th 04, 05:04 AM
Indyguy1

Dusty wrote:

[...]

This guy has no one to blame but himself. If he can afford to buy a new car, he
can afford to make CS payments.

And please everyone spare everyone else the *he needs a decent car to get to
and from work* BS. He could easily have gotten a decent car for less than 5K
and then used the remainder of what he would be using to pay off a 21K loan to
support his children. Hence the very appropriate "This case is a good example
of the hundreds of cases we see each year where
noncustodial parents are making the wrong decisions and have their priorities
way out of whack," comment.

Mrs Indyguy

Old April 18th 04, 06:43 AM

I think we are all assuming this guy was in arrears. But!!!!! does
anybody have the full scoop? Why did he get a loan and put the cash
in the account. Why not just finance it thru some other means. What
is the full story?

Old April 18th 04, 07:32 AM
Dusty

wrote in message
I think we are all assuming this guy was in arrears. But!!!!! does
anybody have the full scoop? Why did he get a loan and put the cash
in the account. Why not just finance it thru some other means. What
is the full story?

Well, to start with, not all banks send the check directly to the car lot.
If it was a Credit Union, they might actually give one the check and not
actually care what you spent it on. Of course, if you default on the loan,
they'll want you to produce the collateral... thereby you'd be in a
catch-22 and royally screwed.