Why does everything go wrong when you're trying to save money?!

Old September 22nd 04, 01:01 AM
Jamie Clark

"Bóliath" wrote in message
Jamie Clark wrote:

It's not recommended to use baby powder on babies any more, due to the
possibility of ingestion and breathing in the powder. Since it's not
safe for babies or adults to breathe in,

Wow I use Johnsosn baby Powder on myself every day have done for years!

Well, it's probably talcom powder that isn't recommended. I do think there
is other baby powder that isn't made with talc. And it's usually okay for
adults to use on themselves, since we know not to breath it in. The fine
talcom powder flakes get in our lungs (or our babies, or our pets) and just
clogs them up.

I wouldn't use it around my pets either, especially a dog -- you know how
they stick their nose right in something and sniff in real hard.

If you don't plan on using baby powder on your baby, then it wouldn't
work to use it to get the dog used to a baby smell, since your baby won't
smell like that.

Is it just baby powder?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Is what just baby powder?
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Old September 25th 04, 04:14 AM
Christi :-\

Well, with my experience, when you save money it's cause somehow
somewhere you are going to need it for something other than what your
saving for. Never fails!!! I hate when it happens too. It just sucks!
BUT I always say in the end.."Good thing we had the money". lol

Old September 28th 04, 08:41 PM
Bóliath

Shena Delian O'Brien wrote:
We actually never did anything special for our 4 cats. They all were
either weirded out by the baby and didn't want to be near it, or ignored
it. Occasionally one would sniff his foot or something. He is now 5mos
old and they still just don't seem to care much.

I can foresee similar reactions in my cats.

My IL's have two dogs and the main problem is getting them to leave the
baby's toys alone.

LOL I can see that too.

Old September 28th 04, 08:42 PM
Bóliath

Mary W. wrote:
Bóliath wrote:

My two cats don't seem to have noticed the bump at all :c( The dog
just knows she can't jump up on me like she used to and she has to be
careful around the belly.

Do any of you have any advice about introducing the new baby to the
animals?

We've 2 dogs and a cat, and truthfully we didn't do anything, and
they all took the babies in stride. That said, for the dog, you
may want to work on some basic obedience stuff. And if you aren't
going to want the dog on the couch or bed, implement those rules
now. Brian Kilcommins book "Childproofing your dog" is supposed
to be good.

Great thanks for the rec, I'll see if the library has it.

Old September 28th 04, 08:43 PM
Bóliath

Cathy wrote:
If your dog is an inside dog, and you plan to
change this, it would be a good idea to start well before the baby comes
home (a friend did it when she came home, and the dog was furious).

I don't plan to change it, the dog is inside, we live in Massachusetts,
you couldn't really have an outside dog her.

Thanks.

Old September 28th 04, 08:44 PM
Bóliath

Jamie Clark wrote:
"Bóliath" wrote
Jamie Clark wrote:

It's not recommended to use baby powder on babies any more, due to the
possibility of ingestion and breathing in the powder. Since it's not
safe for babies or adults to breathe in,

Wow I use Johnsosn baby Powder on myself every day have done for years

Well, it's probably talcom powder that isn't recommended. I do think there
is other baby powder that isn't made with talc. And it's usually okay for
adults to use on themselves, since we know not to breath it in. The fine
talcom powder flakes get in our lungs (or our babies, or our pets) and just
clogs them up.

Thanks for that I had no idea!

I wouldn't use it around my pets either, especially a dog -- you know how
they stick their nose right in something and sniff in real hard.

If you don't plan on using baby powder on your baby, then it wouldn't
work to use it to get the dog used to a baby smell, since your baby won't
smell like that.

Is it just baby powder?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Is what just baby powder?

That can be dangerous - you answered it before I asked it above :c)
Thanks again.

Old September 28th 04, 09:06 PM
Bóliath

T Flynn wrote:
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Bóliath wrote

Do any of you have any advice about introducing the new baby to the animals?

We have a dog, a cat and two pairs of doves.

Nice, I've always wanted some birds but we have an aquarium, 2 cats and
a dog so we're full for now!

we did open many of
the containers so she'd get used to the manufactured baby-surround smells
-- baby wipes, diapers, baby bath, etc. (even "fragrance free" has a
scent.)

Great idea, thanks.