Stomach lying?

Old April 4th 05, 05:33 AM
Child

Default Stomach lying?

i gather that lying on your back isn't so great for the baby, but is lying
on your stomach also a bad thing for the kid?

Old April 4th 05, 07:14 AM
Jenrose

By the time it's bad for the baby, it will be too uncomfortable for you to
do.

Same for back-lying, actually. I stopped lying on my back when it made me
feel lightheaded.

Jenrose

Old April 4th 05, 01:47 PM
Dagny

"Child" wrote in message
i gather that lying on your back isn't so great for the baby, but is lying
on your stomach also a bad thing for the kid?

I have lain on my stomach for both pregnancies through term with 9#2 and 11#
babies. Closer to the end, I usually use a pillow on one side of me so I am
not exactly lying flat on my stomach.

-- Dagny
Mom to Meg, 10/03
RD, 1/05

Old April 4th 05, 02:46 PM

Its not bad for the kid, but...its like lying face down on a hard ball.
First a hard softball, then a hard volleyball and then a big hard
basketball. Its very uncomfortable for most of us. I suppose it might
be managed with a lot of pillows, but...!

Mary G.
Mom of three

Homebirth (also: AMA: Is it illegal for OBs to lie?) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 1 March 6th 05 09:18 PM
My stomach.... Jill Pregnancy 7 May 3rd 04 11:02 PM
My stomach!! Eeeeek! Jill Pregnancy 11 February 16th 04 05:09 AM
Lying Kane General 0 February 13th 04 06:58 PM
Stomach getting uncomfortable etc. Jill Pregnancy 1 December 16th 03 02:35 AM