The N.I.H. is investigating 103 government scientists

Old August 6th 05, 06:02 PM
Kevysmom

Default The N.I.H. is investigating 103 government scientists

1.Review Finds Scientists With Ties to Companies
2.Allegations of Fake Research Hit New High
3.The bottom line is to improve the corporate bottom line

STATISTICS

The N.I.H. is investigating 103 government scientists

44 have violated ethics rules on collaborating with pharmaceutical
companies

9 of the scientists may have violated criminal laws

Allegations of fake research reached record highs in the U.S. last year -
50 percent higher than 2003

In a survey published June 9 in the journal Nature, 1 in 3 of respondents
admitted to some type of professional misbehavior

http://www.gmwatch.org/archive2.asp?arcid=5500

Donna

Old August 7th 05, 02:35 AM
Jeff

It sounds like the NIH is doing a better job cleaning house.

That is good news for all.

Jeff