Freaking out about buying stuff..

Old March 11th 04, 08:20 PM
Cam & Shane

Default Freaking out about buying stuff..

We still haven't bought a thing for this baby. Every time I go into a baby
store I start to sweat and my heart races and I have to leave. I tried to
go with DH on the weekend and couldn't even get out of the car.

Am I just freaking out because that would make it all real? Or am I just a
freak in general???

Can someone please reassure me........

Cam
Only 9 shopping weeks left till due date......

Old March 11th 04, 10:41 PM
Christine

I start to sweat and my heart races

Old March 11th 04, 10:47 PM
Christine

Default Freaking out about buying stuff..Oops posted too soon.

I start to sweat and my heart races

is it a good feeling OR an anxiety feeling ?......this was my favorite
part of this whole pregnancy.( shopping )
I'm due in May and I have EVERYTHING except for a glider and swing...I
dont know what ppl are gonna buy for the shower,,lol,,,i was just so
scared i would not have something that i needed....i'm even stocked on
diapers..-))
DH is getting the glider for my shower and i'll get swing next
week,,,,i'm gonna miss shopping for baby stuff........

My heart races too, but in a very good way...;-))))

Good luck...

Old March 11th 04, 11:03 PM
cara

Cam & Shane wrote:

We still haven't bought a thing for this baby. Every time I go into a baby
store I start to sweat and my heart races and I have to leave. I tried to
go with DH on the weekend and couldn't even get out of the car.

Am I just freaking out because that would make it all real? Or am I just a
freak in general???

Can someone please reassure me........

Cam
Only 9 shopping weeks left till due date......

I think with baby stuff, its just so overwhelming, there is way too much that
you really don't need, but makes for an anxiety ridden experience. If I were
you I'd make a short list of necessities and just go in and buy those things
and be done with it. You can always go back after the baby is born and get
stuff you want. Otherwise you'll either be totally frustrated or else you'll
spend too much money on junk that you'll never use or need. Keep it simple,
buy a few things at a time if that helps.

cara

Old March 12th 04, 12:23 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Cam & Shane wrote:

We still haven't bought a thing for this baby. Every time I go into a baby

Same here, except for a couple of small items. We haven't even started
cleaning out the baby's room. For me, it's fear of loss, despite the
fact that I really don't think I'm going to lose it. I can totally
understand the fear of making it all seem real if you buy things,
though, because to me, it *would* make it all seem real.

Old March 12th 04, 03:30 AM
Kereru

"Cam & Shane" wrote in message
We still haven't bought a thing for this baby. Every time I go into a

baby
store I start to sweat and my heart races and I have to leave. I tried to
go with DH on the weekend and couldn't even get out of the car.

Am I just freaking out because that would make it all real? Or am I just

freak in general???

Can someone please reassure me........

Cam
Only 9 shopping weeks left till due date......

All you NEED is somewhere for baby to sleep, some things for baby to wear
and some nappies. I know some people get really obsessed with all the stuff
but doesn't mean there's something wrong with you if you don't!

I had trouble buying stuff for number God knows why it just freaked me out.
I ended up just buying a few little things at a time. I think I started with
one baby hat! I am a big fan of buying most of the stuff after baby came so
I knew exactly what I needed.

Judy

Old March 12th 04, 05:34 AM
Cam & Shane

Hi Christine

It is definately an anxiety feeling. We weren't planning on having any
children at all so maybe I'm still in denial.

I love shopping - maybe I'll just have to kid myself that I'm shoe shopping
:-)

Thanks for the luck - I'll need it.

Camille

Old March 12th 04, 05:35 AM
Cam & Shane

Hi Cara

A short list to stick to sounds like a good idea. I am definately prone to
buying crap I never use.

Thanks for the advice.

Camille :-)

Old March 12th 04, 05:37 AM
Cam & Shane

Cam, for what it's worth, one big lesson we learned having our daughter is

that
you need lots and lots less than you think. Most baby stuff is frills;

the real
necessities are few. Think about it. Diapers, working breasts, a few

"onesies",
a warm place to sleep, and a happy Mommy will keep just about any baby

happy.

Richard
Micaela's dad

Hi Richard - you always have great answers. I reckon I can cover what you
suggested :-))))))

Thanks heaps
Camille

Old March 12th 04, 05:38 AM
Cam & Shane

"
Same here, except for a couple of small items. We haven't even started
cleaning out the baby's room. For me, it's fear of loss, despite the
fact that I really don't think I'm going to lose it. I can totally
understand the fear of making it all seem real if you buy things,
though, because to me, it *would* make it all seem real.

OMG - I haven't even thought about cleaning out the baby's room. It's
probably a good thing we don't have anything to put in it yet....

Cam