all sorted

Old January 17th 08, 09:25 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default all sorted

My period arrived this morning, I thought when it did arrive I'd have
some emotion, but I didn't know whether it would be positive or
negative, oddly enough I'm not feeling any emotion either way, the only
thought was bother it for coming today, which was scheduled to be my
busiest day this week and I do tend to have 24hrs of awfulness, I've had
to cancel a couple of things.

I was reminded of the scene in friends where Phoebe tells Rachel the
test is negative so she can find out how she feels about the pregnancy,
but the exact opposite!

I'm seriously considering buying Taking Charge of your Fertility and
charting, so I can know when I'm ovulating and know when to expect my
period.

Cheers
Anne
Old January 17th 08, 09:38 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
. ..
My period arrived this morning, I thought when it did arrive I'd have
some emotion, but I didn't know whether it would be positive or
negative, oddly enough I'm not feeling any emotion either way, the only
thought was bother it for coming today, which was scheduled to be my
busiest day this week and I do tend to have 24hrs of awfulness, I've had
to cancel a couple of things.

I was reminded of the scene in friends where Phoebe tells Rachel the
test is negative so she can find out how she feels about the pregnancy,
but the exact opposite!

I'm seriously considering buying Taking Charge of your Fertility and
charting, so I can know when I'm ovulating and know when to expect my
period.

Cheers
Anne

I'm glad you at least know now. Hope it's not too crummy - I hate the first
day.

Lucy x

Old January 17th 08, 09:56 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Stormlady

I don't know if you'd be interested, but there's a website I've been using,
mymonthlycycles, to track my periods. That's all I've been using it for,
and it's been pretty right on for me. It does ask the length of the Luteal
phase, but I just said 14 days for me, not really knowing if that was right,
but knowing it was the normal length. After a few months, it held up as
being right due to the timing of the egg white cervical mucous. Then I
always had an idea of when I was fertile, and when to expect my period (4 pm
on the allotted day). My friend laughed at me 2 days ago when I told her I
was 2 hours late starting, but if all goes well, I'm expecting my second in
September due to the PPT the next morning. DBf said to wait till the next
morning to test rather than right away.

OK, that really sounded like spam for that site, but it's not. I hope you
remember me from when I was pregnant with the munchkin to know that I'm not
just a spammer.

Heather

Old January 17th 08, 10:08 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & co

Hi Anne

Not sure if you're interested but a good site lots of people including
myself recommend is www.mycycle.com

I hope you get what you're after really soon.

april

Old January 17th 08, 11:18 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Stormlady wrote:
I don't know if you'd be interested, but there's a website I've been using,
mymonthlycycles, to track my periods. That's all I've been using it for,
and it's been pretty right on for me. It does ask the length of the Luteal
phase, but I just said 14 days for me, not really knowing if that was right,
but knowing it was the normal length. After a few months, it held up as
being right due to the timing of the egg white cervical mucous. Then I
always had an idea of when I was fertile, and when to expect my period (4 pm
on the allotted day). My friend laughed at me 2 days ago when I told her I
was 2 hours late starting, but if all goes well, I'm expecting my second in
September due to the PPT the next morning. DBf said to wait till the next
morning to test rather than right away.

Was it easy to use? And by easy, I mean ease of entering data? some of
these sites you have to go through so many steps to add new data it can
drive you round the bend!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Anne
Old January 17th 08, 11:24 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Not sure if you're interested but a good site lots of people including
myself recommend is www.mycycle.com

Two different sites! I tend to be more inclined to follow these kind of
things myself rather than use a tool. I think I need to know more about
the temperature thing in particular, after all the information you get
out is only as good as what you put in! and over the years on here I've
learned that there are a lot of things that can make bbt readings
inaccurate. I think I probably have to become more informed first, then
use a site if that turns out to be the best tracking tool for me - I'm a
bit of a pen and paper girl!

Cheers
Anne
Old January 17th 08, 11:34 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Linda

[...]

Hi Anne, glad you know whats going on now, and it gives you a chance to
prepare and get yourself ready so you can be really excited when the time is
right.

Old January 17th 08, 11:53 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

On Jan 17, 3:24 pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
Not sure if you're interested but a good site lots of people including
myself recommend iswww.mycycle.com

Two different sites! I tend to be more inclined to follow these kind of
things myself rather than use a tool. I think I need to know more about
the temperature thing in particular, after all the information you get
out is only as good as what you put in! and over the years on here I've
learned that there are a lot of things that can make bbt readings
inaccurate. I think I probably have to become more informed first, then
use a site if that turns out to be the best tracking tool for me - I'm a
bit of a pen and paper girl!

Cheers
Anne

I've considered some of these, but have stuck with pen and paper
myself. If you just want a chart to record fertility signs, there are
pdf charts on the tcoyf website:

http://tcoyf.com/library/chartpdf.asp

Since you live in Toni Weschler's part of the world, I would expect
that you could find her book at your local library. It is nice to own
a copy though, so you can quickly look things up.

If you start charting within the next 5 days, you will have a much
clearer idea of what is going on in this cycle.

I really like to have charts to help me know what is going on with my
body. When medical history questions come up, it is really nice to
have years worth of charts to scan back through.

--Betsy
Old January 18th 08, 02:43 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Stormlady

Stormlady wrote:
[...]

Thanks!!

I found it easy to use, but I really only tracked the day my period started
each month, so I could get an idea of my cycle length and when I might be
ovulating. Before pregnancy, it was all over the place, 40+ days, 30 days,
no regularity at all, but now, it's exactly 30 days and my period is very
predictable. I don't like sites that require a pile of steps to use either,
hardly seems worth the effort most times.

It also tells me that I should add 2 days to my last period for my due date
as well when I go to the Dr. They like nice 28 day cycles and it'll make my
due date 2 days earlier if I give the actual date. Which I know is really
nothing, but then I want a VBAC this time around if all goes well, and 2
days may make the difference if I end up overdue. Thankfully, where I am,
VBAC's are totally normal and not a big deal at all.

Heather

Old January 18th 08, 04:59 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

I found it easy to use, but I really only tracked the day my period started
each month, so I could get an idea of my cycle length and when I might be
ovulating. Before pregnancy, it was all over the place, 40+ days, 30 days,
no regularity at all, but now, it's exactly 30 days and my period is very
predictable. I don't like sites that require a pile of steps to use either,
hardly seems worth the effort most times.

It also tells me that I should add 2 days to my last period for my due date
as well when I go to the Dr. They like nice 28 day cycles and it'll make my
due date 2 days earlier if I give the actual date. Which I know is really
nothing, but then I want a VBAC this time around if all goes well, and 2
days may make the difference if I end up overdue. Thankfully, where I am,
VBAC's are totally normal and not a big deal at all.

That's great, there are some places where VBAC is almost impossible.

I have one of those brains that tracks things very easily, so just
tracking periods alone isn't much help for me, but I signed up and it
looks like you can track almost anything.

Although until this month I've been regular, I am having some problems
with my cycles, I get a lot of pain on the first day of my period, but
it's not classic period pain, tracking a few things for a while is
probably a useful thing for me to do regardless of pregnancy/family
planning. I was able to find a fair amount of info about taking basal
body temps online, so I think I don't need to rush out and buy Taking
Charge of Your Fertility. I'm not sure I'm able to make my mornings
regular enough for BBT to work very well, but I think it's probably
better to try rather than assume it won't work. So now I need to get an
accurate thermometer, they seem to be sold as basal thermometers, but
I'm not sure if I can get one in the drug store or if I need to order
online.

Cheers
Anne