Baby poop stains...

Old February 11th 08, 05:16 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jen[_2_]

Default Baby poop stains...

On Feb 11, 4:19*am, "Jamie Clark" wrote:
Have you tried moving up to the next size? *Pooping up the back was often
one sign that the diapers were too small...

Yes I have... we switched her to size 2 a couple of weeks ago and then
tried 3 - but size three is too big for her as she pees out the legs.
She is starting to feel more like a first child opposed to the third,
lol.

-Jen
Old February 11th 08, 05:24 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jen[_2_]

On Feb 10, 11:36*pm, "Stormlady" wrote:
Did you check the place on Topsail Road, by Tim Horton's. *I don't know if
they carry them, but they do carry some stuff that you can't get anywhere
else around here, (like slings and the super expensive strollers). *That's
assuming they're still open, I haven't been out that way in a while.

Heather,

I have never heard of this place... can you recall the name? I'm not
usually out around the West end of town so I'm unfamiliar with the
stores around there, but it sounds like a place that I would want to
check out! How are things? We should get together for coffee or
something soon, now that I am no longer pregnant and Hayward is home I
have a little more freedom ) Drop me a line.

-Jen

Old February 11th 08, 06:31 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Stormlady

"Jen" wrote in message
On Feb 10, 11:36 pm, "Stormlady" wrote:
Did you check the place on Topsail Road, by Tim Horton's. I don't know if
they carry them, but they do carry some stuff that you can't get anywhere
else around here, (like slings and the super expensive strollers). That's
assuming they're still open, I haven't been out that way in a while.

Heather,

I have never heard of this place... can you recall the name? I'm not
usually out around the West end of town so I'm unfamiliar with the
stores around there, but it sounds like a place that I would want to
check out! How are things? We should get together for coffee or
something soon, now that I am no longer pregnant and Hayward is home I
have a little more freedom ) Drop me a line.

-Jen

I think they're called Coo Chi Coo, the only info I could find was their
address, it looks like the right location so I'm gonna say it's the place
I'm thinking about.
Coo Chi Coo
Children's & infant clothing
709-747-9595
655 Topsail Rd

Things are going pretty good, I had my first pre-natal appointment today and
all the related blood work. I'm constantly tired lately, and of course
Rhiannon decides then to sleep even less, ha ha. We should definately get
together for coffee (or a non caffeinated drink for me, ha ha), it'll give
both of us a break for sure.

Heather

Old February 11th 08, 07:32 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jen[_2_]

On Feb 11, 3:31*pm, "Stormlady" wrote:
I think they're called Coo Chi Coo, the only info I could find was their
address, it looks like the right location so I'm gonna say it's the place
I'm thinking about.
Coo Chi Coo
Children's & infant clothing
709-747-9595
655 Topsail Rd

Things are going pretty good, I had my first pre-natal appointment today and
all the related blood work. *I'm constantly tired lately, and of course
Rhiannon decides then to sleep even less, ha ha. *We should definately get
together for coffee (or a non caffeinated drink for me, ha ha), it'll give
both of us a break for sure.

Heather

Happy to hear that all is well... well except for the tiredness
anyway ) I'll also go with a non caffeinated something or other
since I'm breastfeeding... don't want to get Rori all wired up, lol!
I'll be in touch.

-Jen
Old February 11th 08, 08:52 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Yes I have... we switched her to size 2 a couple of weeks ago and then
tried 3 - but size three is too big for her as she pees out the legs.
She is starting to feel more like a first child opposed to the third,
lol.

That's yet another advantage of reusables, the majority of the fit comes
from the cover (unless you use all in ones) and if the legs fit, but the
waist doesn't or vice versa, it's relatively simple to run an extra line
of elastic through and you only have to to it half a dozen times (not
sure if that came up in some of the info, most people need a lot less
covers than diapers).

Where are you? Could you post on a local freecycle or craigslist, see if
anyone has some to give away. Knowing we weren't likely to have a 3rd
imminently I freecycled our baby sizes.

Cheers
Anne
Old February 12th 08, 02:28 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jen[_2_]

On Feb 11, 5:52*pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
That's yet another advantage of reusables, the majority of the fit comes
from the cover (unless you use all in ones) and if the legs fit, but the
waist doesn't or vice versa, it's relatively simple to run an extra line
of elastic through and you only have to to it half a dozen times (not
sure if that came up in some of the info, most people need a lot less
covers than diapers).

Where are you? Could you post on a local freecycle or craigslist, see if
anyone has some to give away. Knowing we weren't likely to have a 3rd
imminently I freecycled our baby sizes.

Cheers
Anne

I never thought of the freecycle option Anne... I'm in Newfoundland
(Canada) and there is a freecycle group for my city, I'll give that a
go. In the event that no one has any to give I'm going to go check out
the store that Heather mentioned before I start buying material to
make them or purchasing them online. And as Nicole pointed out, I'll
only get a small amount in the event that I don't like the cloth
diaper road. This should be interesting to say the least )

-Jen
Old February 19th 08, 04:02 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Karen

Jen wrote:
On Feb 11, 5:52 pm, Anne Rogers wrote:

Where are you? Could you post on a local freecycle or craigslist, see if
anyone has some to give away. Knowing we weren't likely to have a 3rd
imminently I freecycled our baby sizes.

Freecycle is great - we got half of our cloth nappies from there and the
other half from the city council, who provided them for free for a
limited time in an effort to reduce waste.

Some shops and real nappy initiatives offer a two-week trial of
different nappies, so you can see which style you like best.

Things to consider for an informed guess:
- velcro tabs are quicker to open and close than poppers or
nappy-nippas, but noisier (gave our DD a fright when she was a newborn)
and not as long-lasting
- all-in-ones are quick to put on, but they take longer to dry than two
layers, will probably only last for one child, as the waterproofing
suffers in every wash, and the two models we tried left red marks on
DD's legs as the cover was touching the skin there
- some kinds (FunzzBunz?) will only be absorbent in soft water areas

For the ideal number, you should also consider the size of your washing
machine. For us, 24 nappies is about right.

HTH,
Karen

formula stains? Anonymama General 9 March 27th 06 06:02 PM
Baby poop - food sensitivity problem? Chotii Breastfeeding 2 August 5th 03 02:51 PM
Water stains on walls? (OT) Ali's Daddie General 5 July 15th 03 04:38 AM