Baby poop stains...

Old February 8th 08, 05:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jen[_2_]

Default Baby poop stains...

Ok, so it would appear as though little Rori has a knack for pooping
out of her diapers... I have tried several different brands looking
for that "better" fit, but no matter what kind of diaper she has on 9
out of 10 poops are up the back! As you can imagine this leaves many
soiled undershirts and jammies... anyone have any tips on getting the
poop stains out? I rinse the soiled garments right away but the yellow
colour seems to find a way to stay. Any opinions on Oxyclean?

-Jen
Old February 8th 08, 05:38 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Jen schrieb:
Ok, so it would appear as though little Rori has a knack for pooping
out of her diapers... I have tried several different brands looking
for that "better" fit, but no matter what kind of diaper she has on 9
out of 10 poops are up the back! As you can imagine this leaves many
soiled undershirts and jammies... anyone have any tips on getting the
poop stains out? I rinse the soiled garments right away but the yellow
colour seems to find a way to stay. Any opinions on Oxyclean?

-Jen

I'm cloth diapering and I thought bleach would at least work, but it
doesn't really. I don't know what these stains are made of but Sara's at
least won't shift...
I have not tried oxyclean or anything like it though...

cu
nicole
Old February 8th 08, 05:58 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Jen" wrote in message
Ok, so it would appear as though little Rori has a knack for pooping
out of her diapers... I have tried several different brands looking
for that "better" fit, but no matter what kind of diaper she has on 9
out of 10 poops are up the back! As you can imagine this leaves many
soiled undershirts and jammies... anyone have any tips on getting the
poop stains out? I rinse the soiled garments right away but the yellow
colour seems to find a way to stay. Any opinions on Oxyclean?

-Jen

Quick spray of vanish in the effective area usually shifts the stains for
me. If it's badly covered then sometimes a quick scrub with a nailbrush
helps.
Debbieb

Old February 8th 08, 06:43 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Jen wrote:
Ok, so it would appear as though little Rori has a knack for pooping
out of her diapers... I have tried several different brands looking
for that "better" fit, but no matter what kind of diaper she has on 9
out of 10 poops are up the back! As you can imagine this leaves many
soiled undershirts and jammies... anyone have any tips on getting the
poop stains out? I rinse the soiled garments right away but the yellow
colour seems to find a way to stay. Any opinions on Oxyclean?

We found cloth diapers dramatically reduced the escaping up the back
issue. The cloth diapers gradually discolour over time, but that doesn't
really matter. When things did get on clothes, the trick seemed to be to
get the stain remover on them ASAP and to give it time to act, not throw
it directly into the machine.

Cheers
Anne
Old February 8th 08, 07:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Rebecca Jo

"Jen" wrote:

Ok, so it would appear as though little Rori has a knack for pooping
out of her diapers... I have tried several different brands looking
for that "better" fit, but no matter what kind of diaper she has on 9
out of 10 poops are up the back! As you can imagine this leaves many
soiled undershirts and jammies... anyone have any tips on getting the
poop stains out? I rinse the soiled garments right away but the yellow
colour seems to find a way to stay. Any opinions on Oxyclean?

-Jen

I love oxyclean. It has worked wonderfully for all sorts of stains (and for
set in stains on carpets, even). Give it a try.

--
Rebecca Jo
Mama to Alexander 6/6/05 & Jack 7/7/07

Old February 8th 08, 07:37 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Pologirl

My procedure for eliminating "blowout" poopy stains:

1. Rinse off any solids
2. Rub with enzyme based stain remover (eg Stain Stick)
3. Toss in laundry basket
4. Wash a few days later, in hot water
5. If the stain is visible after washing, do not dry; instead, first
rub with enzyme based stain remover, then let air dry and wash again

Enzyme based stain removers are highly effective but they need some
time to work, and they work better on fabric that is damp and in hot
water. This really works. My kids' clothes and changing pad cloths
etc have stains only where I have not bothered with the stain
remover. When I used Tide brand laundry detergent, I rarely had to
bother with a stain remover, because Tide has effective enzymes too.
However, a few years ago Tide started to give me massive hives.

Pologirl
mom of 2 prone to massive blowouts
Old February 8th 08, 09:48 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jen[_2_]

Thanks for the advice ladies. I'll give the cloth diapers a go (it'll
be a first) and your stain removal rituals plus the Oxyclean. Although
Rori is baby number three for us, I have never had to battle poop
stains so often... tossing out a few ruined undershirts was no big
deal with Delia and Liam... but Rori, well, she wouldn't have anything
left if I started that )

-Jen

Old February 9th 08, 05:46 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Irrational Number

Jen wrote:
Ok, so it would appear as though little Rori has a knack for pooping
out of her diapers... I have tried several different brands looking
for that "better" fit, but no matter what kind of diaper she has on 9
out of 10 poops are up the back!

Have you put her in a larger sized diaper?

-- Anita --
Old February 9th 08, 03:41 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sharalyns

On Feb 8, 9:46 pm, Irrational Number wrote:
Jen wrote:
Ok, so it would appear as though little Rori has a knack for pooping
out of her diapers... I have tried several different brands looking
for that "better" fit, but no matter what kind of diaper she has on 9
out of 10 poops are up the back!

Have you put her in a larger sized diaper?

-- Anita --

This is what I was thinking, Anita. We mostly did cloth, but had to do
disposables overnight. Once we started having blow outs up the back, I
found if I just moved up a diaper size (regardless of the weight
recommendations), it would go away because they were more absorbant.
My son was a heavy wetter and an explosive pooper. He was in six 6 by
age 15-18 months, yet it was just this last September he would have
weighed enough for the weight recommendations (and he was 6 years old
in September!).

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James
Old February 9th 08, 04:31 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jen[_2_]

I have put her in a size 2 not too long ago... last week I tried a 3
but they are little too pig and pees out through them around the
legs.

-Jen

formula stains? Anonymama General 9 March 27th 06 06:02 PM
Baby poop - food sensitivity problem? Chotii Breastfeeding 2 August 5th 03 02:51 PM
Water stains on walls? (OT) Ali's Daddie General 5 July 15th 03 04:38 AM