Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced

Old January 17th 07, 11:04 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
jill999999

Default Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced

Peter Bowditch wrote:
"jill999999" wrote:

Jan Drew wrote:
http://www.talkinternational.com

Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced
A bill for banning amalgam dental fillings has been (re)introduced to the
house by Congresswoman Diane Watson. The bill is HR 4011.
Congresswoman Watson's staff has encouraged us to get behind the bill and
has asked the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology to have
its members contact their local representatives.

We also strongly encourage the public to also do so. Please let them hear
your voice!

Senators Frist M.D. and Hastert were instumental in the recent passage
of a bill preventing people from suing the manufacturers of vaccines
preserved with mercury .Many scientists believe there is a causal
link between mercury in vaccines and childhood autism

Actually, no real scientists believe this, because there is a large
volume of evidence to show that it is not true. There are, however,
some pretend scientists who like to say so because it helps them to
sell stuff and make money giving speeches.

and it seems to
me that if there was no basis for such a claim legislators would'nt
bother passing such a bill.

So you believe that the existence of laws against frivolous defamation
suits is evidence that the defamation is justified? The laws against
people attempting to defraud and blackmail vaccine manufacturers were
simply a way of preventing the courts from being clogged with people
who are just after money for no reason other than they want it.

In general ,the courts determine whether a case has merit. How does one
know whether a products liability,medical malpractice or any other case
has merit unless the parties are able to argue their side and present
scientific experts in court?I am a lawyer and know that most
legislators (also mostly lawyers) have little or no scientific
background .They are in no way qualified to decide whether suits for
damages arising from mercury have merit.The purpose of the bill was to
protect corporations that contribute money.
Your comment "so you believe that the laws against frivolous defamation
suits is evidence that the defamation is justified "makes no sense and
calls into question everything else you write.

Senators Hastert and Frist are the largest
recipients of contributions from drug companies in the senate.

And Senator Hinch receives money from supplement manufacturers to
encourage him to bash medicine. If you have a problem with the
influence of campaign donations, take it up with your elected
representatives. Don't forget to bring cash.

Many (who have been mercury poisoned by mercury amalgams) have done just
that!

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Old January 17th 07, 11:18 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
jill999999

Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:

Another reason amalgam fillings fracture teeth is that as they age
thecrystal structure brea ks down ,causing an increase in volume
despite a decrease in weight from the huge amt of hg vaporizing off.
Care to document that?
I have lots of fractured teeth. None of my teeth without fillings are
fractured.Almost everyone with amalgam has fractured teeth.
I have amalgam fillings and no fractured teeth.

By the way ,Igot well over 650 on the math SAT. I scored in the top one
% of the population.
Whoopee. I got an 800.
Of my 720 classmates, 91 got an 800. The lowest score was just under 700.
Welcome back to the SAT discussion forum. My brother got in the 400 s
on both SAT sections , has a 105 I.Q. and went to college at ASU, an
intellectual garbage can . My mother had extensive dental work using
mercury when she was pregnant with him.Both my parenmts have high I.Q.s
Are you trying (feebly I might add) to imply that because your mommy had
some dental work your brother is somehow intellectually inferior?
Perhaps it was the set of genes he was dealt?

.My father was accepted to Harvard and graduated a top business
school.My uncle graduated Cal Tech and is a petrolium engineer.
Would that be a petrol*e*um engineer? Is that the Berkley spelling

Tho
cousins went to Cal Tech. Cal Tech freshman have had the highest SAT
scores since the advent of the SAT test. Mybrother probably would have
had much higher scores if my mother did'nt have dental work while
pregnant.
I see, so you are making that link. Of course, you cannot prove it.

As far as 91 of your classmates getting 800 on the math SAT, 91 is
around the number nationwide that got 800 so youre lying again.
You do not even know the year, etc.

Now, tell me about your years at Berkley.....

In Calif, dentists are required to post signs warning their patients
that amalgam can cause reproductive harm.Are there still dentists that
put amalgam in pregnant women?

Not being in California, I would not know.

As far as any misspellings,they usually result from accidently hitting
the wrong key. In any case, spelling is not a reflection of
intelligence.Spelling requires rote memorization rather than analylical
ability.

OK, so you have shortcomings in two major thought areas, i.e. rote
memorization and analytical ability.

Mercury has its greatest effect on the part of the brain
involved in memory.

I see...do you have any proof of that claim. I know I have asked for
proof before, but, alas, none has been forthcoming.

Maybe that's why I do much better in subjects
requiring abstract reasoning such as chemistry than in those that
require a good memory such as histology and most law school classes.I
got a 12 in chemistry on the MCATand the MCAT was the last med school
test I did well on. I got an LSAT in the top 10% of the country but
did,nt win any academic awards in law school.On the bar I did well only
on the multiple choice section since one can get the answer through
reasoning even if one does'nt remember the relevant law.

Want a good laugh? I just had one. Try this...

Your NNTP posting host from your header is 206.170.104.40

Now, go to www.geoiptool.com and plug it in.

Strange place to be posting from.

Not if one does'nt want their identity known which should already be
obvious given the fact that I did'nt state the law school I attended.
Speaking of law school how did I get accepted to several top twenty
schools if my writing is so bad?Although it isnt graded ,there is an
essay section on the LSAT

Old January 17th 07, 11:24 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
jill999999

Jeff wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:

Another reason amalgam fillings fracture teeth is that as they age
thecrystal structure brea ks down ,causing an increase in volume
despite a decrease in weight from the huge amt of hg vaporizing off.
Care to document that?
There are'nt as many dentists admitting on their web profiles that hg
fillings fracture teeth; probably because the ADA is harrassing
them.There are still quite a few. One is Scott Del Boccio in Naples Fla
(239) 262-7708. Another is Dan Peterson in Gering Neb (308)436-3491.
It's more alarming ,if somewhat funny, that many dentists say people
should'nt replace their mercury fillings because the mercury will
pollute the environment.I geuss the implication is that dentists wave a
magic wand over you when they place these fillings rendering them safe
in your mouth but nowhere else on earth.
The amalgam left over after a filling is placed is called
scrap.According to the ADA, scrap amalgam is to be stored away from any
source of heat in a tightly closed container under sulfur containing
soln. Why is it then properly stored when it's in one's mouth?Dentists
are advised to have their carpet removed if any amalgam spills.Dentists
cant put amalgam in the trash:they must call haz-mat .Do gold fillings
require haz-mat disposal?
An aquaintance of mine who is a geologist recently had a tooth pulled
.He was told that he could'nt have the tooth because it was toxic due
to its hg filling. He took it anyway and plans to have it tested for %
hg.
Dentists agree that hg fillings expand with age.Since they decease in
mass due to loss of hg and to a lesser degree Ag,it's obvious that the
crystal structure breaks down over time.
So, you admit that you cannot document your claim. Your use of logical
fallacies is utterly astounding. Truly amazing.

Now, let's discuss why you did not learn how to write properly while a
summa cum laude graduate of UC Berkeley....
We don't have summa cum laude at UCB.Our transcripts say "with honors"
if we have gpas over 3.5 .

Hmmm...can you prove that?

They don't use Latin, but they have similar honors:

Grade inflation hasprobably occured although not as much as at the
joint accross the bay Stanford.

http://ls-advise.berkeley.edu/colleg...es/honors.html (and with honors
is over 3.668, not 3.5).

Jeff

Old January 18th 07, 12:39 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Peter Bowditch

"jill999999" wrote:

Speaking of law school how did I get accepted to several top twenty
schools if my writing is so bad?

You didn't.

See, that was an easy question to answer.
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old January 18th 07, 07:10 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

jill999999 wrote:
Peter Bowditch wrote:
"jill999999" wrote:

Jan Drew wrote:
[...]

Agreed. Subject the "experts" to a Daubert hearing and let those who
pass muster testify.

I am a lawyer and know that most
legislators (also mostly lawyers) have little or no scientific
background .

However, many AltNuts rely on politicians to prove medical issues.

They are in no way qualified to decide whether suits for
damages arising from mercury have merit.

That is the purpose of a Daubert hearing and trial.

The purpose of the bill was to
protect corporations that contribute money.

Actually, the purpose of the bill was to protect companies from patently
absurd lawsuits which can clog up the federal courts ever more than they
already are.

Personally, I would prefer to allow all suits, and, for those determined
to be frivolous, which is not the same as to have lost, the litigant be
assessed hefty court costs and legal fees.
Old January 18th 07, 07:12 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:

[...]

If you did not plug it in as I suggested, you missed a truly funny
finding. Sad that you do not need a laugh. Try it.

which should already be
obvious given the fact that I did'nt state the law school I attended.

Who cares?

Speaking of law school how did I get accepted to several top twenty
schools if my writing is so bad?

So you say.

Although it isnt graded ,there is an
essay section on the LSAT

What year?

Old January 18th 07, 09:56 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
jill999999

Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Peter Bowditch wrote:
"jill999999" wrote:

Jan Drew wrote:
[...]

Idon't practice dental or medical malpractice ,but one thing I recall
from my torts class at my top twenty law school is that if everyone or
almost everyone does a particular thing ,in this case, poison people
with mercury, it isnt malpractice. In other words as long as they all
hang together ,they won't hang alone. There must be ways of overcoming
the presumption that if everyone engages in a practice such practice is
acceptable,e.g. by showing that any reasonable person knows that
mercury is poisonous and therefore dentists should not have accepted
ADA claims that amalgam is safe especially given the ADAs financial
ties to amalgam manufacturers. Any responsible dentist should put a
Jerome mercury vapor measuring device in their office for one day and
see how the hg levels compare to maximum allowable levels set by
federal agencies.
Speaking of mercury vapor poisoning,a man poured a small amount of
mercury in a subway in Los Angeles yesterday.His picture and the story
have been on the news many times yesterday and today. This seems absurd
to me since I doubt that his act significantly increased the
concentration of hg vapor in the subway over that vaporizing from
subway riders toxic teeth.
There was also a story in the news about a woman in Sacramento who died because she failed to join this group. She died from electrolyte imbalances caused by drinking too much water.

Old January 18th 07, 10:03 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
jill999999

jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:

[...]

In the 80s and 90s, "with honors" meant over 3.5 gpa and around 15 %
graduated with honors.I wonder what percentage of the class get As now
in freshman chimistry.

Old January 18th 07, 10:29 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Peter Bowditch wrote:
"jill999999" wrote:

Jan Drew wrote:
[...]

No, IOW, if the community standard of care is met, then there is no
malpractice. Your spin detracts from your comment.

There must be ways of overcoming
the presumption that if everyone engages in a practice such practice is
acceptable,e.g. by showing that any reasonable person knows that
mercury is poisonous and therefore dentists should not have accepted
ADA claims that amalgam is safe especially given the ADAs financial
ties to amalgam manufacturers.

Nope. Not any way I am familiar with. You would need to show that the
standard nearly always produces something which violates some other
concept, such as the implied warranty of fitness. In the case of
amalgams, that would require that the vast majority show adverse effects
which have a clear causal link.

Any responsible dentist should put a
Jerome mercury vapor measuring device in their office for one day and
see how the hg levels compare to maximum allowable levels set by
federal agencies.
Speaking of mercury vapor poisoning,a man poured a small amount of
mercury in a subway in Los Angeles yesterday.His picture and the story
have been on the news many times yesterday and today. This seems absurd
to me since I doubt that his act significantly increased the
concentration of hg vapor in the subway over that vaporizing from
subway riders toxic teeth.

Teeth are not news.

Old January 19th 07, 02:38 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Jan Drew

jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Peter Bowditch wrote:
"jill999999" wrote:

Jan Drew wrote:
[...]

Note Mark is trying to cover. Keywords: *vast majority*

http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/Lhealthfraud2.htm

http://www.jouglimlag.co.za/Journal%...0article .pdf

http://www.health.gov/environment/am...ppendixIII.htm

Any responsible dentist should put a
Jerome mercury vapor measuring device in their office for one day and
see how the hg levels compare to maximum allowable levels set by
federal agencies.
Speaking of mercury vapor poisoning,a man poured a small amount of
mercury in a subway in Los Angeles yesterday.His picture and the story
have been on the news many times yesterday and today. This seems absurd
to me since I doubt that his act significantly increased the
concentration of hg vapor in the subway over that vaporizing from
subway riders toxic teeth.

Teeth are not news.

Nothing to say about Jill's comments is noted.