Normal or not? Acne+rash, fussiness, screaming, sleeplessness, etc

Old August 18th 06, 01:14 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

Default Update and a schedule question Normal or not? Acne+rash, fussiness, screaming, sleeplessness, etc

In article .com,
"cjra" wrote:

fussiness/screaming etc - she hardly does it in the evenings now, it's
just the mornings. It's still there, but better. I think the main issue
is gas - it's clear that's what's upsetting her, now I just have to
figure out what I'm eating that's causing it.

It might not be what you are eating at all, though. Part of being a little
baby is getting used to the weird feelings of one's intestine doing its job.

I don't think it's dairy,
and I've avoided the usual culprits. When eating she'll just snack for
5 mins, now she is an efficient eater it seems, but still these
multiple 5 mins or less snacks are annoying 'cause she does it every h
our. I do believe strongly in feeding on demand, but this seems a bit
much. Or is it? Is it normal?

Again, I think she's *drinking* rather than eating.

Along those lines, she'll go to daycare at 12 weeks, where she'll
likely be fed on a schedule. How do I deal with the transition? Do I
try to set the schedule now? or how soon before she goes? Do I just let
the daycare provider do it?

Scheduling is inappropriate for a baby that age. I personally think BFing (or
EBM) should not be scheduled at all, but solids should be after about 12mo,
simply because regular meals are easier for you and the child to adapt to.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old August 18th 06, 06:22 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Chookie writes:

: EBM) should not be scheduled at all, but solids should be after about 12mo,
: simply because regular meals are easier for you and the child to adapt to.

That said, frequent small meals is better than a few large ones.

Larry
Old August 18th 06, 05:49 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Chookie writes:

: 7:30 breakfast
: 10:30 morning tea
: 12:00 lunch
: 3:00 afternoon tea
: 5:00 late afternoon tea
: 7:00 dinner

Well, that's more or less what I was thinking, but by evening
I got a pretty good tea buzz going!

:-)
Larry
Old August 18th 06, 07:51 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Chookie wrote:
In article .com,
"cjra" wrote:

fussiness/screaming etc - she hardly does it in the evenings now, it's
just the mornings. It's still there, but better. I think the main issue
is gas - it's clear that's what's upsetting her, now I just have to
figure out what I'm eating that's causing it.

It might not be what you are eating at all, though. Part of being a little
baby is getting used to the weird feelings of one's intestine doing its job.

That would be nice, since we're going to Switzerland in a few weeks and
I'd be pretty bummed if I can't eat cheese!

I just don't know what's normal gassy vs. problem gassy. She seems to
be in pain when she has gas.

I don't think it's dairy,
and I've avoided the usual culprits. When eating she'll just snack for
5 mins, now she is an efficient eater it seems, but still these
multiple 5 mins or less snacks are annoying 'cause she does it every h
our. I do believe strongly in feeding on demand, but this seems a bit
much. Or is it? Is it normal?

Again, I think she's *drinking* rather than eating.

That makes sense, in which case, I guess it's not a problem. I'm just
never sure when I need to settle in for a good long meal or be prepared
to move in 5 mins (she doesn't like sitting still after those short
sessions)

Along those lines, she'll go to daycare at 12 weeks, where she'll
likely be fed on a schedule. How do I deal with the transition? Do I
try to set the schedule now? or how soon before she goes? Do I just let
the daycare provider do it?

Scheduling is inappropriate for a baby that age. I personally think BFing (or
EBM) should not be scheduled at all, but solids should be after about 12mo,
simply because regular meals are easier for you and the child to adapt to.

Ok. I guess my hospital experience got me used to the idea that every
one else lives on a schedule but us. I will talk to the daycare
provider about it. I'd rather she continue to feed on demand.