Lisa Welchel promoting child abuse

Old July 17th 06, 10:52 PM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.support.childfree,rec.arts.tv,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,alt.troll
Ubiquitous

Default Lisa Welchel promoting child abuse

wrote:

The former Blair from Facts of Life, now a fundamentalist Christian,
has some strange ideas about the facts of life herself.

http://www.stoptherod.net/creativecorrection.html

In this bizaare and abuse-filled book, former actress Lisa Whelchel
calls children these cruel names: ankle-biter, pests, “a handful”,
raucous, haphazard, messy, pesky, hyenas, arrogant, and “filled with
schemes to do wrong.” Yet on p.193 the author says name-calling isn’t
allowed in her house!

Denigration of children is coupled with bribes of money and sweets,
and a menu of frequent and various punishments. And although hitting
is supposedly “not allowed” in the author’s house (p.193), and she
claims she “isn’t violent” (p.170), she frequently spanks her 3
children. Her prescription for hitting is on p.183-185. Other,
“creative” boot-camp style tortures are recommended on p.146-161.

Apparently all these “Creative Corrections” don’t even work, since on
p.274 Whelchel admits “My kids still act up and disobey” and spanking
“didn’t work” on her son Tucker (p.171) Whelchel says her grandmother
asked her not to spank (p.157). This book is recommended by Focus on
the Family.

Here are more quotes from this “creative” child abuse manual:

p.xiv Whelchel’s son, “Tucker, like all of us…comes by his sin
naturally. In fact, the roots of misbehavior can be traced all the way
back to Adam.” (This is said after describing Tucker being noisy and
climbing rails. Tucker has ADHD.)
p.5 Whelchel talks to a fellow actress and “was tempted to slap her
with a wet wipe.”
p.18 After Whelchel’s son says his half-naked father looks like he’s
“about to die on the cross like Jesus”, she claims: “Our children
closely identify us with God.”
p.22 “All children are born with foolishness bound up in their
hearts.” “When we allow our children to determine the outcome of a
situation, even subtly, it weakens their trust in us.”
p.25 “I grew up in the South, where I was taught to reply, ‘Yes, sir’
or ‘Yes, ma’am’ when following instruction.”
p.26 “King Solomon, who was the wisest man who ever lived.” (What
happened to Jesus?)
p.27 “Disobedience comes in many forms, including whining.”
p.28 “Teaching our children to obey us and our words is primarily to
teach them to obey God and His Word.” “Because the rules I’m
instilling are God’s, I no longer have to respond with ‘Because I’m
the mom. That’s why!’ I can calmly tell my kids, ‘Honey, I didn’t make
up these rules, God did.”
p.58 “discipline the flesh” p.59 “correcting the flesh” p.62 “bodily
discipline”
p.75 Whelchel approves of filling a boy’s room with manure!
p.79 “God…loves us too much to let us go unpunished.”
p.99 “Stealing a cookie from the jar when Mom isn’t looking is easily
punishable with a slap on the hand.”
p.101 “Whatever we deny our children now is for their good later.”

and much more.....

Troll O Meter

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
^