MikeLeeisback is back

Old October 2nd 06, 01:12 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Mike

Default MikeLeeisback is back

Y'ello, y'all, and wut up wit all of y'all? It's been a few weeks (months?)
since I've posted. But here I am!

Old October 3rd 06, 01:48 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Mike

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 00:12:32 GMT, "Mike"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Y'ello, y'all, and wut up wit all of y'all? It's been a few weeks
(months?)
since I've posted. But here I am!

And what have you been doing in the meanwhile that you've totally
ignored us?

Hmmm?

Well, uh, you see... um, I've just... you know... been busy... and stuff...
errrr....

Actually, let's see:

- scheduled some more evaluations for my oldest son
- Joined a single parents' group with my church (admittedly, the M to F
ratio is very favorable; don't hate me Both my boys seem to do well
when we're there.
- Joined Weight Watchers with my Mom (lost 17.4 in 8 weeks so far)
- bought a new weight set, started a routine. You see results quickly when
you're still young :-P
- put new pics in my MySpace profile, in case anyone wants to look and
compliment my boys or their Dad.
- learning a new programming language for my job (C#, if you care)
- trying to get better at guitar
- trying to get the nerve up to ask the Children's Director at church out.
But what if she says no? Dating is harder than it was in HS.

Okay, half of that sounded sexist, but you'll have to forgive me, because
I'm just a nice guy. Really, just living my life, trying to take care of my
boys.

Actually, this past weekend my oldest had to be put in time out for fighting
with his brother. After he calmed down after about 10 minutes, I went into
his room to tell him he could go if he was good. When I walked in there, he
had completely torn his wall calendar into shreds, ripped off his pull-up
and clothes, knocked everything off his dresser, and had somehow ripped his
sliding closet door off its hinges, and was lying on the floor. I was a bit
shocked to say the least, and he just looked at me with huge eyes and then
jumped up into his bed and pulled the covers over his head.

So what does everyone think of medication for kids?

What have you been up to? And I mean "you" in most plural of senses, but
mostly to Kate since she responded first.

Old October 3rd 06, 02:20 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Mike wrote:
"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

So does that mean us" plural of you" have to sit on our hands and wait
for "Kate to get her butt in here and answer at you first ? If so "I"
as usual already broke the rules....... neener neener ! O.k. fine I'll
wait ..'KATE lets go here !

Bev

Old October 3rd 06, 02:28 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Mike

"Bev" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mike wrote:
"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

Well, you are welcome to compliment me before Kate gets here, if you just
can't hold it in.

Old October 3rd 06, 11:16 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Mike wrote:
"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 00:12:32 GMT, "Mike"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Y'ello, y'all, and wut up wit all of y'all? It's been a few weeks
(months?)
since I've posted. But here I am!

And what have you been doing in the meanwhile that you've totally
ignored us?

Hmmm?

Well, uh, you see... um, I've just... you know... been busy... and stuff...
errrr....

Actually, let's see:

- scheduled some more evaluations for my oldest son
- Joined a single parents' group with my church (admittedly, the M to F
ratio is very favorable; don't hate me Both my boys seem to do well
when we're there.

It is good to get yourself and the boys out there comingalingaling
smirk with others !

- Joined Weight Watchers with my Mom (lost 17.4 in 8 weeks so far)
- bought a new weight set, started a routine. You see results quickly when
you're still young :-P

yea I hear ya ...I had to take my excercise equiptment to be repaired
....ya know the vacuum,
steam cleaner , broom, mop....yea all needed repair from overuse...but
my buns of steel burn baby!

- put new pics in my MySpace profile, in case anyone wants to look and
compliment my boys or their Dad.

oooo la la...no just kidding ...well no .....what I mean is handsome
yes but just not my type, but that director your talkin about may
interest me more, is she purdy ? :-)

- learning a new programming language for my job (C#, if you care)

Not that I dont care ..but man I am confused enough!

- trying to get better at guitar

good for you! So what can you play?

- trying to get the nerve up to ask the Children's Director at church out.
But what if she says no? Dating is harder than it was in HS.

If she says no don't assume it's you, and dont let it stop you from
asking again. She may like the oportunity to get to know you better
before actually going out with you on a date. Good luck !

Okay, half of that sounded sexist, but you'll have to forgive me, because
I'm just a nice guy. Really, just living my life, trying to take care of my
boys.

Actually, this past weekend my oldest had to be put in time out for fighting
with his brother. After he calmed down after about 10 minutes, I went into
his room to tell him he could go if he was good. When I walked in there, he
had completely torn his wall calendar into shreds, ripped off his pull-up
and clothes, knocked everything off his dresser, and had somehow ripped his
sliding closet door off its hinges, and was lying on the floor. I was a bit
shocked to say the least, and he just looked at me with huge eyes and then
jumped up into his bed and pulled the covers over his head.

So what does everyone think of medication for kids?

I'm sorry you had an incident with your son. I think you must know that
with his illness his behavior will be hard at times. The
destructiveness is his expression of his emotions and frustrations.

I have some experience with the whole medication thing with kids. My
youngest daughter is 19 now but we had been involved with Drs. and meds
from the time she was about 12-13 years old when they first said she
was ADHD. Those meds made her worse and she was taken off within the
week we started. The next diagnosis was depression and she was put on
anti depressant medications some I thought were helping but then she
started cutting and taking overdoses of anything she could find. We
went from diagnoses of manic depression, intermittent explosive
disorder , drug and alchohol abuse, to finally borderline personality
disorder. The medication experience in the beggining was one of the
most scary and eye opening realisations I ever have had!

Here my 13-14 year old was being medicated with mood stabilizers, anti
psychotic meds , anti depressants, seizure meds, and when they finally
mellowed out her symptoms with all this crap she was a zombie and the
answer to my complaint about what they had done was "here give her this
in the a.m. so she will get up for school! "I looked up the med and it
was an amphetamine!

I got really angry and weaned her off everything and started fresh with
just an anti depressant and then after a few months added a mood
stabilizer. This worked for a period of time then she took herself off
the meds by refusing to take them anymore, made her gain weight and
well this is a teen girl not to say I am sure teen boys suffer if their
weight is compromised by meds too. She later revealed her intention was
to get pregnant and that was why she did it. Ugh! So pregnant at 15.

We have struggled with her not wanting to take meds and then she got
pregnant again about 5 months ago, she is not on any meds and her
condition is pretty stable. She herself wants to take an anti
depressant and mood stabilizer after this baby is born. She is growing
up and I am pleased she is starting to make better decisions.

So in a long explaination, which I felt I wanted to give you, so I did
, and if you made it this far you have reached the punch line! grin

My advice is research every other possible treatment techniques and
therapy before you medicate. Research all the advantages and side
effects of anything being recommended for your son. Most of all take it
slow and do not let them introduce too many meds at the same time .
Remember medication is not a bad thing used properly and if using meds
gives a better quality of life for your son than so be it. When our
children are displaying behaviors that show a danger to themselves or
others and nothing you've tried seems to help,then if medication
proves to help than it must be used, because we love them .

What have you been up to? And I mean "you" in most plural of senses, but
mostly to Kate since she responded first.

Well lets see...I've been up to many things.

Flyin around in planes,riding around in cars, caring for my mom and
helping my sis out last month . I am actually only home now about a
week, because when I first came back home we left two days later for a
camping trip. Went to my daughters ultra sound with her and the baby is
developing wonderfully and is a girl! Her name will be Lilli anne rose
and she will be born in Feb.

Cleaning house a lot kinda doing that pre holiday thing. I had wrecked
the van the day before I flew to texas and so the front end is a bit
smashed in , long story but apparently the insurance co blames me so no
pay for it. The cops didn't issue any tickets so fault was not apparent
to them? I dont know if I should fight the insurance co using that
defence or if opening issue of the incident will have the police
writing me tickets now !

What bugs me is there is a witness that saw everything and the
insurance co did not get a statement from the ambulance driver. Both
myself and the jerk in front of me (yeah I hit him in the ass!) are
insured by the same company. Would you stop in the middle of a 50 MPH
stretch of highway to let an ambulance out onto the highway that was at
a stop sign?

I in no way expected this guy to just stop! Pull over to the right when
an ambulance is coming up behind you , but this situation was absurd!
End rant...........

Mom gets the bone marrow biopsy tomorrow, if she heals o.k. by Saturday
she may be released to go home. Sis says she has been taking her home
on Sundays and that she feels safe with mom coming home !

Busy I am ...sometimes though my mind seems to be going a whole lot
faster than the ole bod.....oh well

I'm gonna stop blabbing and give someone else a turn for a while I've
exhausted myself, and have cramps in my two typing fingers .

Later......Bev

Old October 4th 06, 01:16 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Tiffany

"Mike" wrote in message
nk.net...
Y'ello, y'all, and wut up wit all of y'all? It's been a few weeks
(months?) since I've posted. But here I am!

Welcome back. Sounds like you got a lot of good stuff happening! Good for
you.

misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 April 20th 06 05:33 AM
Addie's Adoption Story Jamie Clark Pregnancy 46 November 5th 04 10:26 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 September 29th 04 05:17 AM
I threw my back out! Jill Pregnancy 15 July 21st 04 05:10 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 January 16th 04 10:15 AM