Introduction and very impressed :)

Old November 30th 03, 07:01 PM
cloud nine

Default Introduction and very impressed :)

Hi Jolinda!

Glad you found this group! You already know me, so I won't give and intro!

Sue & Benton, 2.5 yrs old

Old November 30th 03, 08:48 PM
Penny Gaines

MCranEY05 wrote in :

[snip]
LOL.. So, are there threads I should avoid, and clue words not to mention
in my headers?
Is alt.mothers much different than misc.kids?
I guess I should go check that ng out

I tread carefully in most cross-posted threads. Some are interesting,
but not all.

Trolls sometimes crosspost to alt.support.childfree, but this group and
them know to ignore them. We often get crosspposts from
alt.parenting.spanking (eg currently the one on bobbaloo) but I tend to
ignore them. The thread on "10 ways to be a better parent" is
crossposted to soc.men: which don't often get threads from there, but
I wouldn't bother with it, now.

I think the main words to avoid in headers are sex and discipline.

Alt.mothers and misc.kids are different. Am tends to have more chat,
misc.kids tends to have more discussions about kid-related matters.
I think they suit different moods and styles of
posting. If you are looking into other parenting groups, there is
always misc.kids.moderated, which tends to be quieter, without the
cross-posted flame-wars of mk. When I'm checking out my newsgroups,
I tend to check mkm, then mk, and I'm not subscribed to am.

Anyway, you'll see a lot of the same names in all three groups.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three
Old November 30th 03, 08:58 PM
Byron Canfield

"MCranEY05" wrote in message
That is great. How do you like the weather? I like our seasons, but could

do
without the rain/drizzle.

I don't mind it -- without the rain/drizzle it would be far less green and
forested.

--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary numbers and those who don't."

Old November 30th 03, 10:36 PM
thumper

MCranEY05 wrote:
Hi everyone

I have read misc.kids.pregnancy for many years, but only a few times read
misc.kids. I was reading many of the posts and thought "OMG... this ng is for
me!" LOL. There are soo many threads on things I have been wanting to ask
someone about, etc.

My name is Jolinda. I live in the WA, and have 5 kids. My son is 20 and attends
WSU. My oldest daughter is 18 and attends a community college and plans to
transfer near her brother in 2yrs. My middle daughter is 16.5 and is a junior
in high school( I have a lot of questions reguarding her. lol). Finally, I have
a 3yr old, and a 17m old.

I hope I am welcome here. I recognize many people from other ng's here.

hugs,

Jolinda

/waves to Jolinda!

I mostly lurk, but couldn't resist coming out to say hello to you :-)
This group moves too fast for me to keep up most of the time, especially
when stuck in google as happens too often to me lately!

As for the trolls, you can spot 'em pretty easily. Mostly I skip
threads to which the "regulars" aren't responding. I'm also a
sometimes-poster at alt.mothers; these are very different, IMO, but both
great groups!

Take care,
Lisa

Old December 1st 03, 01:59 AM
dragonlady

In article ,
(MCranEY05) wrote:

Welcome!

Thank you, Marie

I have a 21 yo daughter (still
living at home, in college part time) and a 17 yo son and a 17 yo
daughter, both of whom will (good Lord willing and all that . . .)
graduate from high school this year, and a 19 yo who no longe

Wow.... I am glad to see that so many have older kids. I have both older and
younger. I gotta tell ya, the older are more challenging. LOL. So, do you
have
twins??? Or just two very close in age( obviously)?

Twins. It was hard when they were babies -- but I think harder when
they hit about 14. For a while I was living with two 15 yos, one 17 yo
and one 19 yo. Thought I'd go completely around the bend!

I work
with kids ranging in age from just born on up.

That is great!!

y kids have "done"
adolescence with varying degrees of grace . . . some with very little .
. .

lol... Well, that is good to hear. My 2 older daughters have been very hard
handle and nearly broke up my marriage. My son was Sooo much easier than the
girls. I see Samantha being a turd in her teen years if we dont nip it in the
butt.. NOW.

DH and I are managing to keep our own relationship in tact -- but only
because we both have a sense of humor. It would be SO MUCH easier if I
could blame HIM -- (after all, if HE were a perfect parent, none of this
would happen, right?) so once in a while I try, but he just laughs and
reminds me that I'm being absurd. If he got mad at me instead, it might
well have done us in.

meh

Old December 1st 03, 04:10 PM
Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes

On 29 Nov 2003 23:42:38 GMT, (MCranEY05) wrote:

Hi everyone

Hi, Jolinda.

I have read misc.kids.pregnancy for many years, but only a few times read
misc.kids. I was reading many of the posts and thought "OMG... this ng is for
me!" LOL. There are soo many threads on things I have been wanting to ask
someone about, etc.

My name is Jolinda. I live in the WA, and have 5 kids. My son is 20 and attends
WSU. My oldest daughter is 18 and attends a community college and plans to
transfer near her brother in 2yrs. My middle daughter is 16.5 and is a junior
in high school( I have a lot of questions reguarding her. lol). Finally, I have
a 3yr old, and a 17m old.

I didn't get the original post, so I'm piggybacking - I'm living on a
boat currently in Titusville FL on my way to the FL Keys, so I don't
get the newsgroups too often.

I'm Rosalie in the summer I live in MD, and I have 4 kids and 10
grandkids.

Oldest dd is 42 and employed in computer security by the government -
husband in the same agency but a different branch. She just returned
to Maryland from a 3 year job exchange to England. Her oldest is 23
and dropped out of college when he was 18 - after living on his own
has gone back to school. Her dd is 21 and a junior engineering
student with a lacrosse scholarship at RPI and her youngest is in 3rd
grade.

Second dd is 40 and a pilot with a major airline - husband is a
lawyer. Son age 9 and daughter age 4. Lives in Miami

Third dd is 35 and is a registered judge of Paso Finos, and a
professional horse trainer and instructor. Husband is in retail. She
has two kids age 6 and 2. Just moved to Dallas TX

DS is age 32 and a dispatcher for an oil company and is working his
way through college having done a similar thing to his nephew. His
wife works PT for their church. Their son is 10 and their daughter is
7. (They also had a son who died at 2.5 who would be 12 now.) They
live in the Charleston SC area.

Grandma Rosalie

Old December 2nd 03, 07:42 AM
MCranEY05

Hi Penny

Thanks for the explanation. I think I am going to check out Alt.mothers.

jolinda
Old December 2nd 03, 07:44 AM
MCranEY05

Hi Jolinda,

Welcome!

Hi sue

Thank you for the welcome.

Hopefully you can help me with the teenagers and I can help you
with the little ones ;

I will sure try I can use all the help one is willing to give. smile.

LOL.. this is too cute. Did you think that up? That would describe me!

Jolinda
Old December 2nd 03, 07:47 AM
MCranEY05

Hi! I'm Sophie, 31, married to a Marine, and a SAHM to Charlotte (5),
Patrick (4), Lewis (2 on the 14th), and #4 (and final) is due in July.
We're in NC.

Hi Sophie

My husband was in the Navy. I always tease him about how how I like the
marines. He doesn't think its too funny. LOL. Congrats on #4. My 5th was born
in july--July 1st.

Nice to *meet* you

ditto

Jolinda
Old December 2nd 03, 07:49 AM
MCranEY05

Of course you are welcome here. The more the merrier!

Thank you, Penny

I don't think we've met on-line before, so I'm very pleased to make your
acquaintance.

Likewise;0) Well, if you play yahoo games, we might have met. lol. Go
literati!

My kids are 9yo, 7yo and 5yo, all go to the local school.

Boys or girls.. or both? Smile.

Jolinda