Opinions please, re NIP (long)

Old June 18th 06, 08:40 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default new header was Opinions please, re NIP (long)

Cheri Stryker wrote:
So, L -

I went over to misc.kids and read some of your posts there. I'm curious
- how old are you?

Nevermind - I found the answer in misc.kids
--
Cheri Stryker

mom to DS1 - 7 yrs, and DS2 - 3.5 months

Check out my new breastfeeding T-shirts on CafePress!
http://www.cafepress.com/dancingbones
Old June 18th 06, 01:25 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Opinions please, re NIP (long)

"FlowerGirl" wrote in message
... just don't get so upset when somebody points out to you that they have

legal right to breastfeed a child anywhere, anytime.

Just don't get upset when you ask about the possibility of a lactation
lounge on the job interview and you find out you were passed over for
someone "better qualified".

Have a nice life.

There's a big wet spot on your shirt.

Old June 19th 06, 07:35 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

wrote:
sense...

It's 112F outside by the pool. Try again.

Then you shouldn't be having a baby out there in the first place,
dingbat.

--
C, mama to three year old nursling

Gross.

-L.

Old June 19th 06, 07:43 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

FlowerGirl wrote:
"L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Sling **** and run. Typical broodmare.

Yes - copious use of the word "****" in a post ... typical troll.

Much easier to call someone a "troll" than to pick up a mirror and see
that what they are saying is true. Like I said, typical broodmare.

-L.

Old June 19th 06, 09:40 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"FlowerGirl" wrote in message
news

"L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Sling **** and run. Typical broodmare.

Yes - copious use of the word "****" in a post ... typical troll.

Still at it? She's been in my kill-file since her first troll post. Don't
give her the satisfaction...

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old June 20th 06, 12:10 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Sling **** and run. Typical broodmare.

Yes - copious use of the word "****" in a post ... typical troll.

Still at it? She's been in my kill-file since her first troll post. Don't
give her the satisfaction...

Sorry I'll desist
I was having fun with "her" but if its annoying everyone else I'll stop.
(L doesn't annoy me much actually - I find her logic quite funny - but I do
understand that not everyone here has the same troll-proof hide that I have
though so I'll stop).
Amanda

Old June 20th 06, 01:05 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"CY" ) writes:
I have thought about this, but here's where I am nervous. Isn't the YMCA
considered private property, and aren't they allowd to make rules at whim?

It may be private property, but the laws set limits on what
rules they can make. If you're selling a service to the
public, you can't just do whatever you want: you can't open
a restaurant and only serve white customers, for example.
Here in Ottawa, you can't open a restaurant and allow
people to smoke in it: you have to protect the rights
of nonsmokers to a smokefree place. If you're going to
open your private property to the public and sell/provide
a service, you shouldn't discriminate and that means no
discrimination against breastfeeding babies and mothers
(depending on what the local laws say about that).

Old June 20th 06, 01:11 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Caledonia" ) writes:
I think the 'law of the land' (e.g., the Federal laws) indicate that
you can bf in any public place; here, our Y is a private club (e.g.,
you need to be a member to enter, and/or be signed up for a class --
it's not open to the public in the same way that an MDC pool is), so
they're under our breastfeeding laws. Maybe CY's Y is open to all --
here, though, you need to show a card to get in, not just pay an
admission fee per visit. (e.g., as would be the case for a museum or
other public venue.)

Here in Ottawa, when the laws against smoking in public
places such as restaurants came in, some places tried to
get around it by charging membership fees to come into
a restaurant or bar and claiming it was no longer a
"public" place. I think the authorities squashed that:
if you allow anyone who wants to pay the membership and
come in, it counts as public for purposes of the
antismoking law, I think.
Old June 20th 06, 06:35 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

There are other ways to accomplish visual screening than a towel.

--
C, mama to three year old nursling

YEAH, like a nursing bathing suit!!! Nursing under a towel, doesn't always
do the trick either, because it's SO fricking hot under there, he bats it
away, and exposes WAY more than the nursing bathing suit did. The only way
ANYONE could have seen anything is if they were staring at me in
anticipation of getting a quick look. I could see my nipple, but I doubt
anyone else would've had much of a chance because my boy's big head was in
the way. I was not shielding anything with my hand, but was certainly not
"whipping it out" either. I DO have a sense of modesty, but I also want to
feed my baby where it is convenient for *US*.

Anyway, thank you for all your responses. I appreciate everyone's input.
Sorry it turned into a bit of a flame war

CY