Evening Primrose Oil

Old November 15th 03, 03:12 AM
John & Sara

Default Evening Primrose Oil

My midwife told me I can start taking Evening Primrose Oil before she
strips my membranes on Tuesday. She said I can take 8 a day, of the
500 mg ones.

Ive heard from some that that is too much, and I have heard from some
that that is too little. I was wondering what everyones thoughts are
on that, here?

And also, I got the geltab ones... so if I were to put one 'down
there' does the tab come out before the baby is born? How long after
you put it in would it come out?

Thanks!
Sara
37 wks
Old November 15th 03, 10:47 AM
Anne Rogers

My midwife told me I can start taking Evening Primrose Oil before she
strips my membranes on Tuesday. She said I can take 8 a day, of the
500 mg ones.

probably ok, on place I read was 1500mg for a week then 1000mg til the
birth, it also said start at 36 weeks

Ive heard from some that that is too much, and I have heard from some
that that is too little. I was wondering what everyones thoughts are
on that, here?

And also, I got the geltab ones... so if I were to put one 'down
there' does the tab come out before the baby is born? How long after
you put it in would it come out?

they dissolve completely

Old November 15th 03, 02:26 PM
Sophie

Do you guys know if it's okay to take EPO all through the pregnancy? I
stopped taking it last week and apparently that was what was keeping my skin
clear I want to take it again but don't know if it's safe.

Sophie
#4 due 7/18/04

Old November 15th 03, 07:24 PM
Sue

Why are you trying to push for labor at only 37 weeks?

Personally, I wouldn't take anything, but that's me.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

om...

Old November 15th 03, 10:43 PM
Tig

Why? Well its not like I want him to come out because Im impatient or
anything like that.
My hubby is in the military and has courses & training , starting a few
days before my EDD and wont be here if the baby is due when his courses
starts. The military could care less, so they wont change the dates for his
courses. So I would like for him to be there.
So if the baby is ready, then the stripping membranes will work. And thats
what we want to see. Because I really want my hubby to be there for the
birth of our first child, and to help support me and help me out the first
few days. I have no family where I live to help me out, and my mom can only
come to help the last week of November so shes coming then. Work wont let
her off in December either.

Sara
37 wks

Sue wrote in message
Why are you trying to push for labor at only 37 weeks?

Personally, I wouldn't take anything, but that's me.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

om...

Old November 16th 03, 07:18 AM
kylee

trust me I know what you mean. We are staioned out here in Hawaii, with our
nearest relatives over 5000 miles away, and Jer is scheduled to go underway
right before my due date, So I'm willing to try just about anything I can to
get things going. And no I don't think it's silly.. Full term is anything
from 38 weeks on, so I dont' see why some people have to get in such a huff
when soemone has their own personal reasons for not wanting till they are
exactly 40 weeks or beyond. Not everyone has the luxury of having all their
family and friends close by at all times. Trust me I know being a military
wife isn't easy, and not everyone would be able to deal with the things you
and I do on a daily basis.

I hope what ever you try works for you and your little one. And that your
husband is able to be there to experience this wonderful even with you. I
think that is so much more iportant than wether you are 38 weeks or 40
Keep your chin up and feel free to email me if you ever want to talk

Kylee

Sue wrote in message
Why are you trying to push for labor at only 37 weeks?

Personally, I wouldn't take anything, but that's me.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

om...

Old November 16th 03, 08:31 AM
Chotii

"kylee" wrote in message

... Full term is anything
from 38 weeks on, so I dont' see why some people have to get in such a

huff
when soemone has their own personal reasons for not wanting till they are
exactly 40 weeks or beyond. Not everyone has the luxury of having all

their
family and friends close by at all times.

Please understand, people "get in a huff" because babies don't read
pregnancy books, don't look at calendars, and don't necessarily know they're
supposed to be mature enough to be born at 38 weeks when evicted
involuntarily.

A full-term baby who is born naturally/spontaneously at 38 weeks is very
unlikely to show prematurity issues. A baby evicted chemically or otherwise
at 38 weeks - regardless of the *reasons* this choice is made - may simply
not be ready to be born. Our concern is for the baby (and those of us who
have had premature babies will be even *more* huffy about it) even at the
expense of other parental issues.

Some babies aren't ready to be born at 38 weeks. Period. They're genetically
designed to be ready at 42 weeks. Or 43. Taking them out sooner is at the
very last not *good* for these babies, and it may be *bad*. Kick them out
early, and you take your chances.

I sympathise with your situation. I hope you do well. But please don't
mistake calendar readiness with actual readiness. They're not the same
thing.

--angela

Old November 16th 03, 02:35 PM
Sophie

"Tig" wrote in message
[...]

Have you/he let the Key Volunteers know you'll be on your own?

Old November 16th 03, 05:07 PM
Sue

I sympathize with both situations, but at the same time, I really worry for
the baby. Have you ever dealt with a premature baby that wasn't ready to be
born? Have you had to stay in NICU for weeks because the baby's lungs are
not mature enough? Have you ever had a sick baby? I have and let me tell you
it is not fun. Being in the hospital for weeks and weeks was horrible for me
and my family. Then there is that slippery slope with breastfeeding if the
baby ends up having problems and can't be fed by mom. I totally understand
wanting husbands there for the birth. I could not have gone through my three
births without my husband there. However, I am a firm believer in letting
baby decide when to come because if you don't, then there can be a whole
nother set of problems that you might not have had to deal with by letting
baby come when they are ready. I don't know what the solution is, but for me
37 weeks (the original poster) is really too early, imo to even think about
inducing labor. I hope both situations have a good outcome and I truly mean
that. I wouldn't want to be in that situation to have to choose, but the
choice would be easy for me. )
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old November 16th 03, 06:25 PM
Tig

Well, I just want my DH to be there.
-Tig

(and Kylee... hey its sara (danielsmommy)! lol)