Dealing with unsolicited comments

Old May 5th 04, 04:59 PM
MerylD

Default Dealing with unsolicited comments

Hello:
I am writing an article for Glamour magazine's pregancy page; this is a great
newsgroup and I have often gotten terrific help for other pregnancy articles in
the past.

Now I am looking for quotes from pregnant women in the U.S. on how you have
handled the unsolicited opinions and actions from other people all pregnant
women are subjected to.

For example, what did you said or do when a stranger touched your belly, or
commented "You're so big" or, conversely "You're tiny; are you sure the baby is
okay"? How have you handled people giving unsolicited opinions about the name
you have chosen, or when they judge or criticize your behavior as not being
good for the baby.

Feel free to make this a fun thread and comment here, but to be possibly
included in Glamour I will also need an e-mail with your name, age, city of
residence and followup phone number to .

Thanks so much!
Meryl Davids
Old May 5th 04, 07:38 PM
Larry McMahan

Oh, this is a recurring theme on this newsgroup, and I have read
some GREAT replies to any number of rude questions. I wish I could
give you a word or phrase you could google to turn up that old
treasure trove of snappy comebacks!

Larry

Old May 5th 04, 08:17 PM
Leslie

The most annoying comment I have had to deal with by far, especially with my
thrid baby who arrived only twelve months after my second, was "Was it
planned?"

My original answer was something along the lines of "What? Do you think I'm
crazy?" Later, I amended it to "God planned it," a nicer and more accurate
answer.

Leslie