Announcing...

Old October 2nd 03, 06:38 PM
Jan Andrea

Default Announcing...

Sophia arrived at home this morning at 3:30, after 27 hours of labor --
mostly prodromal, but with 4 hours of pretty hard ctx. towards the end. 2
minutes of pushing (this time I knew what I was doing which led to a
small, non-suture-needing labial tear, but otherwise no harm to me. Even
though she was born in the bedroom, where big brother Stephen also sleeps,
he didn't wake up until she was about 20 minutes old! The weirdest thing: a
succenturiate lobe to the placenta, which made the third stage pretty
long -- 45 minutes -- and had the midwife worried we might have to transfer
to the hospital. Seemed silly to me that we should have a perfectly healthy
baby at home and then go to the hospital for the placenta, and luckily my
uterus finally agreed.

She's a nursing champ already, latching on without difficulty at 5 minutes
after birth.

Vital stats: 6 lbs 7 oz (why do I make such small babies?), 19.5" long,
apgars 10 and 10. There's a picture of her taken roughly 8 hours after birth
at http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/soph...my_closeup.jpg
and one of Stephen (looking quite shell-shocked) with her shortly after he
woke up at http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/soph...and_sophia.jpg
More to follow, of course.

So glad not to be in labor anymore...
Jan
--
Mum to Stephen, 22 May 2000
and Sophia, 2 October 2003

Old October 2nd 03, 06:45 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Congratulations, Jan!

Welcome to the world, little Sophia! :-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old October 2nd 03, 06:57 PM
JennP

"Jan Andrea" wrote in message
news
Sophia arrived at home this morning at 3:30, after 27 hours of labor --

Congrats!...even though I'm not sure I knew you were pregnant! Guess I must
really be skimming.

Welcome Sophia!
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old October 2nd 03, 07:33 PM
Vicki S

Mazal Tov!!! You are a mother of two now!! How exciting! I am so
happy for all of you! Now go sleep!

I went immediately to look at the photos, of course, and when I saw
Sophia I said aloud "Oh! look at that tiny creature with those enormous
eyes!" Then I saw the picture of Stephen, and you know, the same
comment applies pretty well!

Your children are BEAUTIFUL. I wish I lived close by so I could bring
you some dinner and meet your little ones face to face. I'll have to be
satisfied with pictures. Oh, and the babies local friends keep having -
that ought to help.

By the way, what is "a succenturiate lobe to the placenta"? - when you
have a moment to answer, of course.
--
-- Vicki
Married DH May 21, 1995
Old October 2nd 03, 08:00 PM
Irish Marie

"Jan Andrea" wrote in message
news
Sophia arrived at home this morning at 3:30, after 27 hours of labor --

Many congratulations Jan and welcome to Baby Sophia.

--
Marie
Mum to DD born March '98, DS#1 born Nov '99 and DS#2 born Aug '03

Old October 2nd 03, 08:08 PM
Mary W.

I knew you were pregnant, but I think I just found out so I thought
you were newly pregnant, not full term! Congrats, though, she's lovely!

Mary

Sue wrote:

Congratulations!!

Like Jenn P, I didn't know you were pregnant. ;o) You must have kept that
pretty quiet.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

news

Old October 2nd 03, 08:23 PM
Emily Roysdon

Jan Andrea wrote:
Sophia arrived at home this morning at 3:30,

Congratulations! I'm glad you decided against naming her Strychnine ;-)

Emily

Old October 2nd 03, 08:39 PM
iphigenia

Jan Andrea wrote:
Sophia arrived at home this morning at 3:30, after 27 hours of labor
-- mostly prodromal, but with 4 hours of pretty hard ctx. towards the
end.

Aw, congratulations!

So glad not to be in labor anymore...

I bet : )

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old October 2nd 03, 10:55 PM
Sue

Vicki S wrote in message
By the way, what is "a succenturiate lobe to the placenta"? - when you
have a moment to answer, of course.

This is a separate lobe away from the main body of the placenta, but
attached to the latter by vessels running in the membranes.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 2nd 03, 10:56 PM
Sue

Congratulations!!

Like Jenn P, I didn't know you were pregnant. ;o) You must have kept that
pretty quiet.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Jan Andrea wrote in message
news
[...]

Announcing birth of "cranky pants" Alissa Pregnancy 13 June 15th 04 05:22 PM
Announcing... cara Pregnancy 17 March 25th 04 02:26 AM
Announcing and thank you Gorgon Park Pregnancy 12 October 23rd 03 07:22 PM
Announcing....... Carol Ann Pregnancy 18 October 3rd 03 06:41 PM
Announcing misc.kids.family-life just me General (moderated) 4 July 12th 03 07:20 PM