child behavior

Old February 16th 07, 06:47 PM posted to misc.kids
williamh

Default child behavior

Our boy has recently been returned to us after 9 mo. in foster care.
My wife and I have an addiction problem whitch we ars now getting
under control with the help of AA. While in foster care there was some
problems with an older boy there. We first found out thar they were
bathing together and then playing touching games before going to bed.
We told the CAS what our Boy was telling us and they told us there was
nothng to worry about it was just to boys acting out and the foster
mother was staying in the room until the boys went to sleep.(CAS first
told us that our boy was making it up).This older boy was also very
aggressive to our boy. Hes been back about 3 mos. now and he has been
suspended twice now for hitting kids. We have Childrens Mental Health
trying to help us out but we would really like any advice that anyone
could give us. We are afraid that the school is going to give up on
him or want him on some behavior alternating drug
William and Kathy

Old February 16th 07, 08:01 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"williamh" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Good job taking care of you addiction problems. I hope you take care of them
permanently.

You don't say how old your son and the other boy are.

When a child is removed from his home, this is very traumatic. It could be
that this the reason for his problems in school rather than what happened
with the other boy.

However, you need to get to the bottom of what happened with the other kid,
so if there was any type of abuse, it could properly be handled so any
long-term problems are minimized.

Working with Children's Mental Health is probably the best way to go.

Jeff

Old February 20th 07, 06:42 AM posted to misc.kids
williamh

On Feb 16, 2:01 pm, "Jeff" wrote:
"williamh" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

Our son is going to be 6 in May the other Boy is 9. We had a meeting
with the school Our son eats lunch by himself because he grabs the
other kids snacks and crushes then on the table. When the class is
doing crafts he also sits alone for fear that he my injure a child
with a pair of scissors.When we talk to him its like he has no idea
that he is doing anything wrong or that the kids are afraid of him. My
wife does not sleep at night or eat she's starting to look terrible.

Old February 20th 07, 06:10 PM posted to misc.kids
toto

On 19 Feb 2007 21:42:39 -0800, "williamh"
wrote:

Our son is going to be 6 in May the other Boy is 9. We had a meeting
with the school Our son eats lunch by himself because he grabs the
other kids snacks and crushes then on the table. When the class is
doing crafts he also sits alone for fear that he my injure a child
with a pair of scissors.When we talk to him its like he has no idea
that he is doing anything wrong or that the kids are afraid of him. My
wife does not sleep at night or eat she's starting to look terrible.

The usenet is not the place to get answers for this. Have you talked
to a social worker, a psychologist, a psychiatrist or any local
therapists?

There has to have been involvement by your child protective services
since he was in foster care, thus you should have contacts to speak
with even if you cannot afford private services.

When children are in foster care, they often feel abandoned by their
parents. No matter what the situation *now,* it is certainly
possible that he is acting out to see if you will abandon him again or
if you have the will to stay with him and help him.

The situation with the other boy *may* be part of it, but it is
probably not the whole story.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old February 28th 07, 07:06 AM posted to misc.kids
andrea baker

Dunno what to tell you except you really need to get this behavior
under conTROLL.