Research (subsequent).

Old May 6th 04, 04:44 AM
Kara H

Default Research (subsequent).

First of all, I can't even begin to thank you all enough for taking the time
to fill out those surveys for me!!! They are going to help me so much!

I need to back up all of your responses (I'm sensing a trend with the
majority of them which is a good thing!) and internet research is proving to
only turn up personal experiences rather than medical research or tried and
true literature. Do any of you have any resources you can point me in the
direction of? I have browsed WTEWYE which I know is a controversial book but
it gave me some information that I was looking for. I was really just
looking for medically-backed information about subsequent births. I wouldn't
have thought it would be hard to find but I can't seem to strike any gold
with the searches I've been doing.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Old May 6th 04, 05:07 AM
Nic

"Kara H" wrote in message
[...]

ok what is WTEWYE ?

Nic

Old May 6th 04, 05:19 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Kara H wrote:

First of all, I can't even begin to thank you all enough for taking the time
to fill out those surveys for me!!! They are going to help me so much!

I need to back up all of your responses (I'm sensing a trend with the
majority of them which is a good thing!) and internet research is proving to
only turn up personal experiences rather than medical research or tried and
true literature. Do any of you have any resources you can point me in the
direction of? I have browsed WTEWYE which I know is a controversial book but
it gave me some information that I was looking for. I was really just
looking for medically-backed information about subsequent births. I wouldn't
have thought it would be hard to find but I can't seem to strike any gold
with the searches I've been doing.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

What kind of information about subsequent births
are you looking for specifically? If you narrow the
field a bit, I suspect I can turn something up.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old May 6th 04, 05:26 AM
Mamma Mia

"Kara H" wrote in message
[...]

i forget what you were doing....

Old May 6th 04, 05:26 AM
Kara H

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote:

What kind of information about subsequent births
are you looking for specifically? If you narrow the
field a bit, I suspect I can turn something up.

Sorry, Ericka. It was WRT to the survey I posted a few days back. I just
assumed people would infer, D'oh!! I was looking for information dealing
with the differences between subsequent births and a mother's first birth.
Like medical facts behind why it is or isn't easier and maybe studies or
information of the like. Basically, the topic for my paper is "Does
childbirth become easier for a mother as the number of previous births
grows?"

Sorry for the confusion!
-Kara.

Old May 6th 04, 05:27 AM
Kara H

"Nic" wrote:

ok what is WTEWYE ?

Sorry, Nic. This was a common term in MKP but I forgot to clarify for the
rest. It's the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting" for, obviously,
expecting parents.

-Kara.

Old May 6th 04, 05:28 AM
Kara H

"Mamma Mia" wrote:

i forget what you were doing....

Sorry, my fault. See response to Ericka.

-Kara.

Old May 6th 04, 05:31 AM
Kara H

Default YIKES- Clairification! [was Research (subsequent). ]

"Kara H" wrote:

I need to back up all of your responses (I'm sensing a trend with the
majority of them which is a good thing!) and internet research is proving

only turn up personal experiences rather than medical research or tried

and
true literature. Do any of you have any resources you can point me in the
direction of? I have browsed WTEWYE which I know is a controversial book

but
it gave me some information that I was looking for. I was really just
looking for medically-backed information about subsequent births. I

wouldn't
have thought it would be hard to find but I can't seem to strike any gold
with the searches I've been doing.

Sorry, shouldn't have assumed you all knew about the survey. To clarify, I
was looking for information dealing with the effects a previous birth has on
any additional births that follow. Does childbirth get easier from birth to
birth? In what ways? What causes this? I was looking for medical information
to answer these questions and seem to have hit a road block in my research.
I have a feeling I'm not searching with the right terms.

-Kara.

Old May 6th 04, 11:54 AM
Cheryl

On Thu, 6 May 2004 00:31:09 -0400, "Kara H"
wrote:

"Kara H" wrote:

[...]

Well the most simple medical reason is that the cervix doesn't efface
and then dilate in subsequent births, it tends to do both at once.
That might be a factor in why many women have easier second births,
the latent phase is shorter.

--
Cheryl
Mum to Shrimp (11 Mar 99), Thud (4 Oct 00)
Old May 6th 04, 12:11 PM
Mamma Mia

"Kara H" wrote in message

"Mamma Mia" wrote:

i forget what you were doing....

Sorry, my fault. See response to Ericka.

-Kara.

are you still wanting survey responses kara, i could do one for you if it is
not too late?