CTTD!

Old April 11th 04, 02:16 AM
New York Jen

Default CTTD!

Laszlo has been KILLING me lately!

He plays hubby's guitars all the time and makes up words to his lil songs.
Usually it's just the dogs' names and things like that, and after a
performance he requires applause (of course). So the other day he played
some music for my mother and me and then we were clapping. I asked if he
wanted Lily to clap for him too. I took her hands and clapped them for him.
Then he went back and played another song, ran over to his baby sister who
is all of 4 weeks old and took her tiny hands SO gently and clapped them
saying, "Yay Lily Boobie!" That's what he still calls her, we don't bother
correcting him because it's so damn cute and we figure he'll realize that
her name is just Lily eventually.

Then tonight we were hanging out in the living room which is right next to
the kitchen. We heard Laszlo in the kitchen talking to his beloved stuffed
frog. He was saying, "Good frog? Good yowick? (yogurt)" Hubby walked in
to see what he was doing and started cracking up and called me in. Laszlo
had put his frog into his high chair and was feeding him the leftover yogurt
from the kitchen table with a spoon. He's been taking very good care of his
frog lately. The other day when I told him not to touch the VCR he took Mr.
Froggy's hand and touched it with that, lil wiseass!

Just had to share, this kid has made me laugh so much in the last few days I
can't take it! When he clapped Lily's hands I literally started crying
because it was so cute and heartwarming.

Nothing like some post partum hormones to get you rolling...

- Jen

Old April 11th 04, 02:53 AM
Sara

New York Jen wrote:

"Yay Lily Boobie!" That's what he still calls her, we don't bother
correcting him because it's so damn cute and we figure he'll realize that
her name is just Lily eventually.

Heh. Or not. My husband still gets called by the nickname his older
sister gave him -- by his parents, his relatives, his high school
classmates... Fortunately it isn't "Boobie."

(I'm not saying you should put an end to it; I'm just laughing at the
thought.)

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle
Old April 11th 04, 05:20 AM
Deirdre

"New York Jen" wrote in message
t...
Just had to share, this kid has made me laugh so much in the last few days I
can't take it! When he clapped Lily's hands I literally started crying
because it was so cute and heartwarming.

Nothing like some post partum hormones to get you rolling...

- Jen

:::::melting:::::

Old April 11th 04, 06:21 AM
Carol Ann

[...]

You show WHY mothers have more than one child. I can't wait to see Morgan
do something like that.

I wonder, do I want another child?? Just kidding! No way!!

~Carol Ann

Old April 11th 04, 09:27 AM
Cat

"Sara" skrev i en meddelelse
New York Jen wrote:

"Yay Lily Boobie!" That's what he still calls her, we don't bother
correcting him because it's so damn cute and we figure he'll realize

that
her name is just Lily eventually.

Heh. Or not. My husband still gets called by the nickname his older
sister gave him -- by his parents, his relatives, his high school
classmates... Fortunately it isn't "Boobie."

(I'm not saying you should put an end to it; I'm just laughing at the
thought.)

I'm 46 and I'm stil 'Tryne' to my mom (the nose of a pig), and my dad's
sister is stil 'Sis' at the age of 70 :-D

Tine, Denmark

Incredibly CTTD badgirl Breastfeeding 1 March 13th 04 01:40 PM
CTTD: Making up the rules as we go Ann Porter General (moderated) 1 March 4th 04 11:58 AM
CTTD: cover back up mummy! elizabeth emerald Breastfeeding 2 December 29th 03 03:49 AM
cttd CY Breastfeeding 2 December 22nd 03 03:45 AM
CTTD (spelling test again) Iowacookiemom General (moderated) 0 August 24th 03 04:28 PM