Still Pregnant :-(

Old November 7th 04, 03:16 PM
Leslie

Default Still Pregnant :-(

I had high hopes when I went to bed last night because I had lost part of the
mucus plug and more came away during the night. But so far, that's all, folks.
So I guess it's another boring day of hanging around the house keeping my BP
down for me. I was invited to a baby shower this afternoon for a friend but I
just don't think I can take that. Nor am I going to Mass this morning as our
priests are all out of town and their sub is one of the people who took me to
task for my voting column. If I am still not in labor tonight I think I will
make John take me out for some spicy food, though.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old November 7th 04, 03:29 PM
Min E

Hi Leslie,
My best wishes for you!! Looking forward to the baby news soon!
Min
Old November 7th 04, 04:30 PM
Todd Gastaldo

If you haven't already, maybe go to church when it's empty and just sit and
talk to God - and to Lorelei?

More below...

"Leslie" wrote in message
[...]

Hmmmm... "Lorelei, expected 11/2/04"...

On 11/2/04 you may have been expecting some bad news...

On 11/4/04 you wrote:

Yes, yes, yes! I'm the Respect Life Coordinator for my diocese, and I write
column on life issues for the diocesan paper every other month. I wrote
about
the election, mostly just quoting what the Pope says about life issues and
what
the U.S. bishops wrote about voting and faithful citizenship. My main point
in
the column was that there is no one right way for a Catholic to vote since
neither candidate was fully "pro-life" and that everyone needs to read all
available material in order to inform their conscience and then vote
according
to it.

The response to this has been so incredibly ugly (which obviously I SO don't
need to hear or deal with right now). I still think what I wrote was right,
and a lot of people have said nice things to me, but the hateful people seem
enjoy writing ugly letters more. The most recent issue of the paper arrived
today and I can't even stand to read all the awful things they said about
me.
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain

I only found this post because today you wrote:

Nor am I going to Mass this morning as our
priests are all out of town and their sub is one of the people who took me
task for my voting column. If I am still not in labor tonight I think I
will
make John take me out for some spicy food, though.

Your religion is supposed to be your spiritual sanctuary.

Your belief is obviously strong.

If you haven't already, maybe go to church when it's empty and just sit and
talk to God - and to Lorelei?

Todd

Old November 7th 04, 04:51 PM
Tori M.

I did not go to church today either. I am doing too much and I am beat
today. jeff was mad but he will get over it We have company coming over
with jeff when he comes home.. If he had let me sleep like i asked I would
have been able to sleep until 10:30 almost... Oh well I still need to think
of a quick dessert to make for Danny and Marcella when they come.. Only have
about 2 hours left.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier 10/27/04

Old November 7th 04, 05:50 PM
Plissken

"Leslie" wrote in message
I had high hopes when I went to bed last night because I had lost part of

the
mucus plug and more came away during the night. But so far, that's all,

folks.
So I guess it's another boring day of hanging around the house keeping

my BP
down for me. I was invited to a baby shower this afternoon for a friend

but I
just don't think I can take that. Nor am I going to Mass this morning as

our
priests are all out of town and their sub is one of the people who took me

task for my voting column. If I am still not in labor tonight I think I

will
make John take me out for some spicy food, though.

I started losing my mucus plug on my due date as well as having
contractions, painful ones at that. I continued to lose my mucus plug bit by
bit over the next week or so. I ended up being induced at 42 weeks. Sorry to
say, losing your mucus plug does not mean labour is imminent. I do know how
you feel though. It's hard being that pregnant and having signs of labour
yet it doesn't come. Very frustrating sometimes. I do hope it happens for
you soon!

Nadene

Old November 7th 04, 06:10 PM
Leslie

Todd said:

If you haven't already, maybe go to church when it's empty and just sit and
talk to God - and to Lorelei?

Oh, don't worry, Todd. I HAVE been talking to God right here in bed! I think
he'd rather have me rest this morning. :-)

Seriously, I have been praying all the time. Not only did I want to rest and
avoid that priest, I also didn't think I could stand all those, "You're still
here?" comments from everyone afterwards!

Old November 7th 04, 06:11 PM
Leslie

Tori said:

I did not go to church today either. I am doing too much and I am beat
today.

I don't think I've ever turned up at church before my babies were at least two
weeks old. Especially after a vaginal birth--those pews are just too hard! I
had to sit on William's baby blanket for a month last time.

Old November 7th 04, 06:12 PM
Leslie

Nadene said:

Sorry to
say, losing your mucus plug does not mean labour is imminent.

I'm going on past history and for *me* it has always been an imminent sign.
Then again, I have never been late at all before so who knows what is going on?

I do know how
you feel though. It's hard being that pregnant and having signs of labour
yet it doesn't come. Very frustrating sometimes. I do hope it happens for
you soon!

Thanks!

Old November 7th 04, 06:17 PM
Todd Gastaldo

"Leslie" wrote in message
Todd said:

If you haven't already, maybe go to church when it's empty and just sit
and
talk to God - and to Lorelei?

Oh, don't worry, Todd. I HAVE been talking to God right here in bed! I
think
he'd rather have me rest this morning. :-)

I'm with God on that one. : )

Seriously, I have been praying all the time. Not only did I want to rest
and
avoid that priest, I also didn't think I could stand all those, "You're
still
here?" comments from everyone afterwards!

You're still here?! Sorry, couldn't resist.

As Bob Barker might say,

"Lorelei, come on down!"

Todd

Old November 7th 04, 06:31 PM