abc's crisis of the foster care system (cross-posted)

Old June 6th 06, 04:03 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.kids

Default the real drug epidemic

Of the removed children, what percentage
have been proven to have suffered blood,
broken bones or sexual abuse?

Certainly not the 40% portion the states
admit have been removed for NO REASON..

Certainly not the NEGLECT portion...

How big is the "AT RISK OF" portion?

And how many have had actual injuries?

These are vicious questions, no doubt.

Old June 6th 06, 04:15 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.kids

Greegor wrote:
Of the removed children, what percentage
have been proven to have suffered blood,
broken bones or sexual abuse?

Look it up.

Certainly not the 40% portion the states
admit have been removed for NO REASON..

Non sequitur

Certainly not the NEGLECT portion...

You don't know, can't prove it, but you sure can babble.

How big is the "AT RISK OF" portion?

I don't know. Depends on how many boyfriends with a sex offender
registry requirement are living in or visiting the household. That's one
of the most common reasons for "at risk," offenders of various kinds
that can and do present danger to children.

Their parents, of course, should be horsewhipped for allowing such
dangerous thugs to hang about, but what can you do, with in fact the
hanging about has to do with sharing drugs, selling drugs, and even
making drugs.

And how many have had actual injuries?

Why would an "at risk" child have to have had actual injuries to be at
risk? And who says they do not have or have had such injuries in the past?

These are vicious questions, no doubt.

In the ongoing attempt to rationalize and deny your own culpability in
Lisa and her daughter's case with the state of Iowa, by focusing on all
the stupid insinuating questions to vilify the state, yes, I'd had to
say "vicious questions" would be one of the more fitting labels for your
questions, Greg.

Why don't you answer your questions to prove they have merit and are
based on events and conditions?

You find a tiny percentage of anecdotal events that you repeat over and
over again attempting to discredit a massive total number of agencies
and people that work for them.

That's not proof of anything but that one or two people were corrupt or
inadequate to their tasks.

0:-

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old June 6th 06, 10:31 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.kids

Default abc's crisis of the foster care system (cross-posted)

Remember me pointing out that agencies LIE to AFCARS?
This is only a more blatant example.
I wish they would just LIE more and remove real kids less!
Stealing the money is preferable to stealing the kids.

Old June 7th 06, 04:50 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.kids

the more you write, the crazier you get...............2005 was the
watershed year for domestically produced
pseudoephedrine.............the continued importation of
pseudoephedrine from mexico only serves to underscore the failure of
the war on drugs...............

]:^ runs around her dog lot barking like a meth-crazed chicken
little.............

Old June 7th 06, 05:12 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.kids

Kane:
Did you ever speak out about how the
system was hooking kids on RITALEN
and similar psychotropics?

Wasn't THAT more truly an epidemic?

Some states stopped it.

Some have not yet stopped it and
the Ritalin insanity still goes on!

What percentage of foster kids are put on Ritalen?

Old June 7th 06, 05:08 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.kids

Greegor wrote:
Kane:
Did you ever speak out about how the
system was hooking kids on RITALEN
and similar psychotropics?

Far louder and more to the right people than you, ****ant. (By the way,
it's "Ritalin." And usually one doesn't need to shout it. What emphasis
were you attempting to make?

Possibly if you wanted to do a better insinuation you should have
emphasized "DID YOU EVER SPEAK OUT."

You don't remember my posting about being a speaker to a group that
included both teachers and pediatric nurses, where I accused teachers of
prescribing drugs for students? (I made the point that by refusing to
teach children with "behavioral problems" until medicated they were
forcing the education system to put pressure on parents and doctors).

You have the most "convenient" memory. Others, myself included, might
forget one or two things about a long ago post, but you seem to forget
hundreds of long ago posts themselves. Weird.

We had a rather hot debate, and at the end one could see AND HEAR both
side (both in denial AT FIRST) starting to give this careful consideration.

The nurses were seeing, mostly, very disturbed children, the rare ones
that DO indeed benefit from drug therapy, while the teachers were asking
about ways they could better understand what was a psychiatric problem,
and what was a true learning disability....or other situational problem.
The former calls for meds, the latter less often.

You are trying to lie about me and harass me again, Greg. Don't you ever
get tired of being proven wrong?

Wasn't THAT more truly an epidemic?

It's difficult to compare. But I'll assign you that job. I personally
consider both to be epidemic, and do not recall every saying anything
that would lead a reader to believe that I approved of or minimized
drugging children unnecessarily. You have posts of mine that say
otherwise, do you?

This post best expresses my thoughts on the drugging of children. And
remember I worked with children that I fought against the drugging of in
mental health settings, uncovered allergic reactions to foods that were
effecting behavior, and argued with people that could fire me (they
didn't because they learned I was right...I made sure of that before
mounting the argument, just like here, scummy dummy)

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...d1409 8de8f63
http://tinyurl.com/mlrdb

In this I cite a long article on scientific work with brain scanning,
and say about the researcher: "in addition...and a reason I tend to
trust Dr. Teicher, my being very anti drugging of kids "

Just for the hell of it, Greg, try ONE time answering a valid question
from me. Try this one:

If you think deliberate drugging of children with psychotropics, (some
AMPHETAMINE DERIVED) is epidemic, how is it you seem to be against
naming meth as an epidemic, as children are doped in Utero by their
mother's use of meth?

Some states stopped it.

Some states? Could you be more specific? I am currently looking for
model legislation and I've found nothing worth bothering with.

And the children are still be psychotropicly drugged. My wife is working
with the "special needs" population and she sees too much of it, or
wrongly applied instances, and even, occasionally a child that obviously
has a medical condition that needs to be evaluated for cause and
medication used if indicated.

Some have not yet stopped it and
the Ritalin insanity still goes on!

That's right. See above.

While I have a tendency to post with a lot of subjects in the air for
consideration at once, I cannot cover them ALL at any one time. My NOT
bringing up Ritalin at this time has nothing to do with the reality of
the meth epidemic. It neither detracts nor adds to the issue.

But it does allow you to continually dodge answering my challenges to
you to PROVE there is no meth epidemic.

Or that it's being lied about to raise money.

Why would you pull a Douggie, and switch to, "yes but look at this OTHER
problem?"

Your counter challenge to my "meth epidemic" would look FAR BETTER if
you could come up with some figures. At least Doug did that...only to
discover that what I said was a "prediction" and NOT currently, at the
time of our exchange, known by release of new data and information YET.

And he is finding out the hard way I had done my homework, the figures
are coming out. The problem has moved the Feds finally to start taking
action. The health field is swamped. The mental health field is swamped.

All just as I said.

Now IF Ritalin is a problem of equal or greater proportions, make your
argument with two things. The facts that prove it, and the possible
remedies.

Mine, for meth, is to fund the increasing education of the public. To
tighten (as has happened, I'm happy to say) the laws regarding exposing
children to all the sorry circumstances about and around meth, and to
protect the children from the greatly heightened dangers meth addiction
poses to them.

You will see, as time passes, that the old 10% of CPS cases are sexual
abuse, change as new data is tabulated and analyzed.

Sexual abuse of children in settings where meth is present is very high,
as workers, CARES personnel, and police have told me. Meth is a
temporary aphrodisiac and children present are often molested as a result.

What percentage of foster kids are put on Ritalen?

More than I consider acceptable, but much of the pressure for it's use
comes from EDUCATION, not from child protection.

I do not know the percentage. Do you?

I have seen what I consider, due to the unreliable sources, claims of
very high percentages, but when pressed they cannot find data except
from their daisy chain, others like them that keep passing the
information one to the other until it's assumed, because of volume, that
it has to be true.

The big lie.

Why don't you study up. There's plenty of evidence that this is an
ongoing problem for the mental health profession and there are many
facets to the argument. Some valid, some shaky, but all worth learning
about.

Then, Greg, DO something rather than sit on your lazy ass ****ing and
moaning to support your vicious and stupid attacks on CPS and people
that ARE doing something.

http://tinyurl.com/r6a9a

Of course you will find some things you do not like, such as foster
children come into the system with a much higher rate of mental illness
than the general population of children. PARENT INDUCED, or genetic.

Logically this would make sense. They are more difficult to parent. If
the parent is an unstable mental case themselves more likely to result
in harm to the child.

Enjoy your studies. There will be a quiz, as usual:

Topics- Activism Budget Business Child Welfare Comm Dev Crim Just ...
The country's half-million children in foster care are more likely than
others to struggle with mental illness. A startling 84 percent of foster
kids have ...
http://www.citylimits.org/content/ar...clenumber=1167 -
34k - Cached - Similar pages

ablechild
drugs found that close to 5 percent of children on Medicaid had been ...
large number of foster children, said doctors often relent and write a ...
http://www.ablechild.org/newsarchive...%207-23-04.htm
- 23k - Cached - Similar pages

Article: Ritalin:Facts all foster parents should know
Because Ritalin has proven to be moderately to markedly effective in 75
percent of hyperactive children (improving attention, concentration, ...
ssw.unc.edu/fcrp/fp/fp_vol1no2/articles/ritalin_facts_all_foster_parents_should_know.htm
- 7k - Cached - Similar pages

[PDF] BEHIND THE GROWING NUMBER OF SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
one percent of children treated with. Ritalin or other stimulants
develop tics. ... three medically-needy foster children in the Wilsons’
home. ...
ssw.unc.edu/fcrp/Cspn/vol2_no3/cspnv2_3.pdf - Similar pages

Two-thirds foster care children in Mass on psych drugs_Globe ...
The organization says it does not keep track of how many children are
prescribed psychotropic medicines such as Ritalin, Adderall, and Prozac. ...
www.ahrp.org/infomail/04/08/11.php - 35k - Cached - Similar pages

Fostering A Failu the Fiasco of Foster Care in the US by Emily ...
Estimates show that in New York City, “more than 60 percent of the
homeless population in municipal shelters are former foster children”
(Craig & Herbert:1) ...
http://www.strangechord.com/writing/...carepaper.html - 73k - Cached
- Similar pages

Ritalin Does Not Foster Drug Abuse, Study Finds - New York Times
Ritalin Does Not Foster Drug Abuse, Study Finds ... The study covered
147 hyperactive children who were followed for 13 years into adulthood. ...
query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9C03EEDA143EF934A3575 2C0A9659C8B63
- 23k - Cached - Similar pages

Texans for Safe Education Appeal
Many millions continue to be taking the stimulant drugs like Ritalin and
.... The reality of our foster care is that a high percentage of the
children who ...
www.wildestcolts.com/safeEducation/hupp.html - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

Michelle Malkin
Two federal policies abetted the Ritalin racket: the opening of the ...
officials looking for expedient "chemical straitjackets" to manage
foster children. ...
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/mic...lkin113099.asp - 15k - Cached -
Similar pages

[PDF] Best Interests Analysis of Mental Health Issues for Foster Children
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
http://www.mothering.com/articles/gr...alin-sham.html
.... More than eighty percent of children in foster care have
developmental, ...
http://www.advocacycenter.org/docume..._Restraint.pdf -
Similar pages
contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old June 8th 06, 04:30 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.kids

oooooooooh, so in your delusion, you think you're john phillip
sousa............no one can take a step until you strike up the
marching band.............sorry, bitch, your gig's
up...............there is nothing to debate...............the $600 a
second war on drugs has been a recognized failure for
decades............your dumb little make-work bureaucracy lost public
support long ago............now, it's lost the mainstream
media..............the days of cps vultures easily picking families
apart, as if they were roadkill, is over...........parents stopped
listening to the anti-spanking misinformation years
ago............about all that's left is you running around your silly
little dog lot like some hyperactive yappy toy fox
terrier..............except as a yappy noise-maker, you're useless when
it comes to protecting children.............

]:^ runs around her dog lot barking as usual................

Old June 8th 06, 04:56 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.kids

wrote:
oooooooooh, so in your delusion, you think you're john phillip
sousa............

I'd rather have been Segovia. Classical guitar is my instrument.

no one can take a step until you strike up the
marching band.............

Why? I don't control anyone. Just me.

sorry, bitch,

There's the woman hating thing again.

your gig's
up...............

No, I've got lots of years left.

there is nothing to debate...............

Not for you, obviously, observer. You never have been able to debate, so
this is all you do or have ever done. Anyone can kvetch.

Simple task for the simple minded. 0:-}

the $600 a
second war on drugs has been a recognized failure for
decades............

The alternative is chaos and a rejection and abandonment of society and
responsibility. I know that's your preference but it's not mine, so
expect me to continue, along with millions of other people.

your dumb little make-work bureaucracy lost public
support long ago............

That's not how it appears from all reports. Support for the fight
against substance abuse seems healthy enough.

now, it's lost the mainstream
media..............

On the contrary. Drug issues are more in the media than ever before.

the days of cps vultures easily picking families
apart, as if they were roadkill, is over...........

I know you'd prefer the children to be tortured, killed, abandoned but
it's not going to happen.

parents stopped
listening to the anti-spanking misinformation years
ago............

Of course. Abusive ones have never listen to anyone but their junky, and
the porno makers that want their children.

about all that's left is you running around your silly
little dog lot like some hyperactive yappy toy fox
terrier..............except as a yappy noise-maker, you're useless when
it comes to protecting children.............

Really. And your solution?

]:^ runs around her dog lot barking as usual................

Well, if you get tired you should stop barking, doggy.

Old June 8th 06, 09:16 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.kids

When you spoke out, was in anonymous?
Or did you identify yourself at the local PTA?
Did you write Congressional Ways and Means?