toddler questions

Old October 25th 06, 06:54 AM posted to misc.kids
-L.

Default toddler questions

wrote:
-L. wrote:
wrote:

Other people I know who smoke, I only know
it because I saw the pack of cigarettes in their purse, or because I
see them leave the office for a cigarette break.

I can smell cigarette smoke in a closed car two cars ahead at a
stoplight, and I'm not kidding.

How do you get by in the world if your sense of smell is so strong?

It's difficult - honestly. I have trouble in planes and other enclosed
areas because I can smell other people's body odor very easily, even
when it's not really offensive. I can hardly stand to go to the
dentist because I can smell everything about him or her. I can even
tell when members of my family are menstruating (I know, TMI - but I am
serious!) My husband is exactly the same way, but even moreso.

How do you deal with people who haven't bathed today, or are wearing
perfume or scented lotions. You must wear a gas mask whenever you go
out.

Perfumes and colognes are really difficult, especially because I'm
asthmatic. I get set off by some of them very easily. I like very few
of them. Some scents I pick up moreso than others - cigs and cigars
are the worst. I can usually tell what my neighbors are having for
dinner when I walk down the street.

Pure THC is legal.

Legal on the street? Really? Because that's what we are talking
about.
(Those are rhetorical qustions...obviously.)

Legal with a prescription. And probably available illicitly on the
street, if you know who to ask.

But not legal on the street which is what I was discussing.

-L.

Old October 25th 06, 12:18 PM posted to misc.kids
LaTreen Washington

That's why your husbands smokes.

Escaping you a few years earlier through a death from cancer is just icing
on the cake.

"Nan" wrote in message
news

I'm a former smoker and I can say it is terribly NASTY. Dh started
smoking again and I won't go near him after he's gone out for a smoke.
And I don't mind telling him he reeks to high heaven.

Nan

Old October 27th 06, 02:39 AM posted to misc.kids
BarbL

Monique wrote:
Why would you want your child to drink until s/he has a big hangover?

I had a hang over just once. I was lucky enough to be staying with some
people who had the one of the dirtiest bathrooms I've ever used.
Spending the day with my face in their toilet was enough fun to learn
the first time.

I don't think a toddler needs to get burned to learn that it
hurts. I didn't need to get drunk to know that I don't want
to get drunk.

Then, there are those people who keep on making the same
mistakes.

Barb - Proud Navy Mom (and proud mom to 2 others)
Old October 27th 06, 02:46 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup

"BarbL" aBarbL@comcastdotnet wrote in message
. ..
Monique wrote:
Why would you want your child to drink until s/he has a big hangover?

I had a hang over just once. I was lucky enough to be staying with some
people who had the one of the dirtiest bathrooms I've ever used.
Spending the day with my face in their toilet was enough fun to learn
the first time.

I don't think a toddler needs to get burned to learn that it hurts. I
didn't need to get drunk to know that I don't want to get drunk.

Then, there are those people who keep on making the same mistakes.

True. I know I don't want to get drunk, and I've never been drunk. I've
known people who get bad hangovers at work who just keep getting bad
hangovers. Doesn't faze them.