toilet training issues

Old October 27th 06, 02:39 AM posted to misc.kids
Jen

Default toilet training issues

"Stephanie" wrote in message

Imagine having to poop on a toilet that is about 4 feet off the ground
and about twice as wide as you butt with your legs dangling. It is pretty
hard.

My DD liked the rings that you put on the toilet to make the hole smaller.

So did my daughter, and we used a potty that was a turtle with a lid, which
also functioned as a step to reach the toilet better. Nowadays there are
probably even better things to make it easier and more comfortable for them
on the toilet.

Jen

Old October 27th 06, 12:23 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

"Jen" wrote in
:

"Stephanie" wrote in message

Imagine having to poop on a toilet that is about 4 feet
off the ground and about twice as wide as you butt with
your legs dangling. It is pretty hard.

My DD liked the rings that you put on the toilet to make
the hole smaller.

So did my daughter, and we used a potty that was a turtle
with a lid, which also functioned as a step to reach the
toilet better. Nowadays there are probably even better
things to make it easier and more comfortable for them on
the toilet.

yup. Boo had a folding two step toilet seat that fit over the
big seat. he could pull it out & set it up himself (& he even
put it back after, which amazed me!). it gave him something to
rest his feet on.
it worked so well we put one in both bathrooms.
lee
--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be
Old October 27th 06, 05:53 PM posted to misc.kids
annie

Jeff wrote:
Has his pooping always been lots of little poops every other day? Or is this
recent?

It's always been this way and his doctor has said that it was fine when
we asked at his 1 year checkup. And it's not all that little. If you
would add them all up, it would be a normal amount for a once or twice
a day pooper. It looks like the right consistency and it doesn't cause
him any pain. I really don't think it's a retaining or constipation
issue.

At this point, it is more important that his poop comes out than where it
comes out.

I understand that now. I guess since he potty trained in a day, I got
my hopes and expectations up.

Maybe the best solution may be to have him ask you for a diaper
when he has to poop. He can wear it until he poops and get back into his
underwear. If he has to poop again later, he goes back into the diaper.

We've tried that and it hasn't worked. He won't tell us when he needs
to go.

Using a potty might be a good solution, too.

He's not interested in that either. He's got two big brothers and
wants to do it (and everything else!) just like they do. Sometimes he
wants to use the potty ring, but that's a passing novelty. Providing a
resting spot for his feet might help though. I'll try that.

Thanks,
Annie

Old October 27th 06, 09:29 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article . com, annie says...

Jeff wrote:
Has his pooping always been lots of little poops every other day? Or is this
recent?

It's always been this way and his doctor has said that it was fine when
we asked at his 1 year checkup. And it's not all that little. If you
would add them all up, it would be a normal amount for a once or twice
a day pooper. It looks like the right consistency and it doesn't cause
him any pain. I really don't think it's a retaining or constipation
issue.

At this point, it is more important that his poop comes out than where it
comes out.

I understand that now. I guess since he potty trained in a day, I got
my hopes and expectations up.

Except that he didnt' really potty train. You just got excited when he peed in
the potty. And you thought he was from the same cookie cutter his brothers are
from.

Maybe the best solution may be to have him ask you for a diaper
when he has to poop. He can wear it until he poops and get back into his
underwear. If he has to poop again later, he goes back into the diaper.

We've tried that and it hasn't worked. He won't tell us when he needs
to go.

Maybe he doesn't know. Or is too absorbed in play to want to go, then finds the
urge is gone.

Using a potty might be a good solution, too.

He's not interested in that either. He's got two big brothers and
wants to do it (and everything else!) just like they do. Sometimes he
wants to use the potty ring, but that's a passing novelty. Providing a
resting spot for his feet might help though. I'll try that.

Try that. But also try laying off.

Banty

Old October 28th 06, 09:47 PM posted to misc.kids
Catherine Woodgold

How about putting him in underwear every second day.

Questions delay payment for DCF training wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 July 30th 04 06:37 PM
Regier Fallout Threatens Training wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 July 30th 04 03:00 PM
Demanding baby. MCranEY05 General 4 December 6th 03 04:03 AM
OT - Potty training - can it be child-led? (xpost) Cathy Weeks Pregnancy 41 November 21st 03 10:05 PM
DCF training questioned Fern5827 Foster Parents 0 September 3rd 03 04:35 PM