Greetings

Old January 22nd 04, 02:59 AM
Deirdre

Default Greetings

I've been lurking for a while now and figure it's high time I said hello.
I'm Deirdre, bewildered and delighted mom to Joshua, all of 4 weeks old. He
is our first (and likely only) child, and while we've certainly done our
homework, DH and I are about as clueless as can be about babies and
parenting.
As such, from time to time I anticipate needing to draw upon the collective
wisdom here, and promise to keep my sleep-deprived, smart-a$$ comments to a
minimum. ~
Thanks for your comments and insight thus far, and never doubt that there
are folks in the dark corners of the peanut gallery that are grateful for
your presence here.

--
Deirdre, in the company of Baby Beastie

Old January 24th 04, 03:12 AM
Chookie

Nice to "meet" you! Where do you live?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc
Old January 24th 04, 02:59 PM
Deirdre

"Chookie" wrote in message ...
Nice to "meet" you! Where do you live?

--------------
Thanks, Chookie. Likewise
We're in northeastern Pennsylvania, in the Pocono mountains. Been here about a year, and still getting used to the cold winters. The year before, we were lucky enough to live in England for about a year, but otherwise spent the bulk of our lives in southern California. Now that DS is here, we're doubly glad to be out of the sprawling metropolis of Los Angeles (yuk). Seeing so many of you in Australia makes me long for a visit. It's summer for you now, yes?
Old January 24th 04, 03:27 PM
Leslie

Welcome, Deirdre. I'm sure you're not as clueless as you think you are. After
all, you found your way here! :-)

Leslie
Old January 24th 04, 05:22 PM
Deirdre

"Leslie" wrote in message
Welcome, Deirdre. I'm sure you're not as clueless as you think you are.
After
all, you found your way here! :-)

Leslie

----------------
grin Thanks, Leslie.

Old January 31st 04, 10:17 AM
Chookie

In article , "Deirdre"
wrote:

Seeing so
many of you in Australia makes me long for a visit. It's summer for you now,
yes?

With a vengeance! Drought in some places, floods in others, and big storms in
others!