OT - I'm published!

Old January 29th 04, 12:54 PM
Leslie

Default OT - I'm published!

Congratulations--what wonderful news!

Leslie
Old January 29th 04, 01:05 PM
Leslie

Thanks for posting the link. It sounds a lot like The Compleat Mother.

Leslie
Old January 29th 04, 01:33 PM
Belphoebe

teapot wrote:
Two articles of mine are in the winters edition of The Mother, an
English attachment parenting mag. This is the start of my cunning
plan to write for a living so I am chuffed to bits to get in print.

Just wanted to show off :-)

Congrats--your cunning plan is much better than the ones Baldrick comes up
with on _Blackadder_.

--
Belphoebe

Old January 29th 04, 04:30 PM
Kari

ok, I went there, some of the articles looked interesting, I wish I could
read them, some of the areas they covered looked a bit wierd to me, but I
try to be open minded, then I clicked on the link to the family vision
camp, this freaked me out at bit, ceromies, etc it all sounds a bit pagan
to me, I'm a Christian, so I don't agree with astrology and horocopes, and
other things I would have to exclude myself from because of my beliefs. It
all sounds very cult like to me.

Oh wow, really? That sounded great and I'd love to take the kids to
something like that!! But then again, Im not Christian (even though I was
raised one) and my sister is Buddhist, practices yoga and meditaion with my
kids when we visit, etc. We're a very earth based family, I think this is
definately a magazine I would love to read.

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (4) and Xander (3 mos)

Old January 29th 04, 06:13 PM
Anne Rogers

Oh wow, really? That sounded great and I'd love to take the kids to
something like that!! But then again, Im not Christian (even though I was
raised one) and my sister is Buddhist, practices yoga and meditaion with my
kids when we visit, etc. We're a very earth based family, I think this is
definately a magazine I would love to read.

that's what got to me most, I think I would like to read the magazine, I'm
tempted to pay for a sample issue, I'd say we are on the edge of being an
earth family, we certainly try to reduce, reuse, recycle, and a lot of the
opinions on pregnancy etc fitted with what I think, what got me erked was
the camp saying what you could and couldn't bring and that you had to
bring an astrology horoscope, the whole thing started to sound like a cult
rather than a magazine supportive of earth mothers

Old January 29th 04, 06:31 PM
Kari

that's what got to me most, I think I would like to read the magazine, I'm
tempted to pay for a sample issue, I'd say we are on the edge of being an
earth family, we certainly try to reduce, reuse, recycle, and a lot of the
opinions on pregnancy etc fitted with what I think, what got me erked was
the camp saying what you could and couldn't bring and that you had to
bring an astrology horoscope, the whole thing started to sound like a cult
rather than a magazine supportive of earth mothers

Yeah, that part is a little weird. I dont believe in horoscope stuff much,
just for fun is about the extent of it - like joking that the kids all fit
their sign perfectly, etc. I for one *hate* being told what to do!!

Kari

Old January 29th 04, 06:59 PM
Molly Fisher

In article , Kari
wrote:

that's what got to me most, I think I would like to read the magazine, I'm
tempted to pay for a sample issue, I'd say we are on the edge of being an
earth family, we certainly try to reduce, reuse, recycle, and a lot of the
opinions on pregnancy etc fitted with what I think, what got me erked was
the camp saying what you could and couldn't bring and that you had to
bring an astrology horoscope, the whole thing started to sound like a cult
rather than a magazine supportive of earth mothers

Yeah, that part is a little weird. I dont believe in horoscope stuff much,
just for fun is about the extent of it - like joking that the kids all fit
their sign perfectly, etc. I for one *hate* being told what to do!!

Ooooh I love astrology! I read all the zodiac signs and l and pick the
horoscope I like the best. They're usually *all* good advice. "Be
careful crossing streets." "Don't make any important decisions before
7:30 a.m." etc.

--
Molly
http://www.sonic.net/~mollyf/
Old January 30th 04, 01:06 AM
teapot

Anne Rogers wrote in message ...

what I can see. It certainly looks interesting.

ok, I went there, some of the articles looked interesting, I wish I could
read them, some of the areas they covered looked a bit wierd to me, but I
try to be open minded, then I clicked on the link to the family vision
camp, this freaked me out at bit, ceromies, etc it all sounds a bit pagan
to me, I'm a Christian, so I don't agree with astrology and horocopes, and
other things I would have to exclude myself from because of my beliefs. It
all sounds very cult like to me.

I know what you mean. The magazine itself is not really like that. I
read a couple of issues when I was pregnant 'cos it had nice cheering
stories of non interventive natural births, that and Spiritual
Midwifery got me through all the periods of self doubt before Moo boy
was born. I think if I had seen the website before the magazine I
would have thought it was a load of old hippy nonsense though I am not
a christian.

teapot