Large breasts and LCs

Old December 18th 03, 02:32 AM
Di

Default Large breasts and LCs

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 04:11:14 GMT, Dawn Lawson
wrote:
*g*
I have no areola in front of my nipples....

I read that twice..I presume you mean more into lower lip than into
upper lip area?

Much better - Thanks Dawn I couldn't think of a way to explain that
well .

Di
Old December 18th 03, 08:36 AM
KC

Elaine wrote inMy bf class was where I figured
out that I had flat nipples. I had never heard of such a thing
before, so it was good that I had went to the class.

As for troubles with large sized bf:

My first dd couldn't get a good latch because she had a little mouth
and I had a big flat nipple. I had 2 lcs tell me that she had to grow
into my nipples.

My second dd could latch right away, but I had to hold my breast in a
c hold for many months which hurt my shoulders.

I recommend that you experiment with positions. I found I hated the
football hold and liked the cradle hold without any pillows. The baby
and breast could come together at just the right height that way. It
will be different with different individuals, so experiment. Side
lying nursing is the best IMHO, but hard to do right at first.

Good luck,

KC

message ...
Ok, if it weren't for glassboobs rambling aobut being unable
to breastfeeding because hers were so large, this probably
wouldn't have occured to me. OK, it probably would have
occured to me about an hour after birth, instead of at 25
weeks.

I've got really big breasts. My current guess is that a
well fitting bra for me would have about G-H cups (English).
My nipples and areolas are also pretty darn large. Since I'm
short, my breasts extend beyond the crook of my elbow. Should
I be expecting to have problems, and start looking for solutions
now? I think I've found an IBCLC (recommendation from the IBCLC
I work with) but I haven't gotten around to calling or emailing
her yet.

When during pregnancy is it useful/best to contact a LC, LLL
or take a prenatal breastfeeding class anyway?

Elaine

Old December 27th 03, 06:43 AM
Chookie

In article ,
Elaine wrote:

When during pregnancy is it useful/best to contact a LC, LLL
or take a prenatal breastfeeding class anyway?

The information in a bfing class will always come in handy, but it might be
better to do this late in pregnancy so you can remember it! LLL (ie a
breastfeeding support group) is great any time and is where you will meet
other mothers -- it's important to have that support and peer group. And I
suppose you can ring the LC any time to introduce yourself.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc