We did it....

Old December 23rd 03, 08:36 PM
A&G&K

Default We did it....

"Elana Kehoe" wrote in message
Two years. We've been going for 2 years. Wow. I knew I'd go for a
year, but didn't think beyond that. And he loves his mama milk!! :-)

I just got our hospital records (I had a feeling that they might have
given P a bottle of formula when I was in recovery, hence his allergies.
They didn't), and I was reading about how he latched on correctly---he's
a bit of a stickler for getting things right---and was doing well
(except for the dropping off to sleep thing). Wild.

My little Schmoo is 2. sniff
--
It's Tis Herself

Go you ! Go P!! (and happy happy birthday to you).

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old December 24th 03, 01:53 AM
A & L Lane

"Elana Kehoe" wrote in message
Two years. We've been going for 2 years. Wow. I knew I'd go for a
year, but didn't think beyond that. And he loves his mama milk!! :-)

I just got our hospital records (I had a feeling that they might have
given P a bottle of formula when I was in recovery, hence his allergies.
They didn't), and I was reading about how he latched on correctly---he's
a bit of a stickler for getting things right---and was doing well
(except for the dropping off to sleep thing). Wild.

My little Schmoo is 2. sniff
--
It's Tis Herself

Congrats on going to 2 years - we will be 2 years with ds2 in another month.
I am also quite surprised by this - after weaning early with ds1, I was very
keen to go at least 12 months and have just kept going on and on. Not quite
sure when we'll end up weaning. Am I correct in P being short for Patrick
(from another post) - love the name, - we named our first boy Patrick - kept
on with the Celtic theme with ds2 Angus.

On another note, do you really think that one bottle of formula would
automatically cause allergies. I might be reading too much into your
wording and dont assume I think formula is fine. It is obvious that there
is heaps wrong with the stuff and I would be absolutely livid if my child
was given formula in hospital against my express wishes. It just seems to
me to be a bit of an over-reaction to assume that one bottle would
definitely result in allergies - isnt it just about percentages and risk
factors. By refusing formula and being careful with solids and exclusively
bf for at least 6 months (or more), we are just attempting to load the dice
against allergies but it might still be possible if we are unlucky - by
being careful, we are just doing everything possible to prevent a negative
outcome which may or may not be preventable. This isnt a criticism; as we
fortunately have not had to deal with this problem, I am not as
well-informed as others on this one.

cheers
Leah

Old December 24th 03, 03:27 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Elana Kehoe wrote:

My little Schmoo is 2. sniff

Yay! Happy Birthday!

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old December 24th 03, 06:40 AM
larissa

Elana Kehoe wrote:
Two years. We've been going for 2 years. Wow. I knew I'd go for a
year, but didn't think beyond that. And he loves his mama milk!! :-)

I just got our hospital records (I had a feeling that they might have
given P a bottle of formula when I was in recovery, hence his allergies.
They didn't), and I was reading about how he latched on correctly---he's
a bit of a stickler for getting things right---and was doing well
(except for the dropping off to sleep thing). Wild.

My little Schmoo is 2. sniff

Well done Elana! What a wonderful start you have given your little one.

Larissa
Mum to
DD 23 Feb 99
DS 23 Mar01
DD#2 3 Dec 03

Old December 24th 03, 08:12 AM
Elana Kehoe

Taniwha grrrl wrote:

Happy birthday P, and well done to the both of you for
keeping such a special thing going :-)

Thanks :-). It's been...interesting :-).
--
It's Tis Herself
Old December 24th 03, 08:12 AM
Elana Kehoe

SarahH wrote:

Yay - well done ))
Happy Birthday little Schmoo!!

Thank you! He just said "two years old", of course, he has no idea what
that means... :-)
--
It's Tis Herself
Old December 24th 03, 08:12 AM
Elana Kehoe

Teri wrote:

Time goes so fast, doesn't it ... Happy Birthday to the little one!

I can't believe how fast it goes. Amazing. Has anyone done a physics
experiment on it?!?! :-)
--
It's Tis Herself
Old December 24th 03, 08:12 AM
Elana Kehoe

Nan wrote:

Happy Birthday, and well done on the 2 years :-)

Thanks. I'm proud of it, but more proud of him :-).
--
It's Tis Herself
Old December 24th 03, 08:12 AM
Elana Kehoe

Leslie wrote:

Happy Birthday! Two already? I can't believe it.

zoom that was time, blowing past us :-). Two. Wild, eh?
--
It's Tis Herself
Old December 24th 03, 08:12 AM
Elana Kehoe

Molly Fisher wrote:

In article ,
(Elana Kehoe) wrote:

My little Schmoo is 2. sniff

Happy Birthday Patrick! Congratulations Elana!

Thanks Molly..and P says thank you too :-).
--
It's Tis Herself