NPR report today on breastfeeding public service ads

Old December 26th 03, 02:58 PM
Beth Kevles

Default NPR report today on breastfeeding public service ads

Hi -

I caught the tail end, so all I know is that some ads have been created
but may not be aired for as long as a year from now. Did anyone hear
the complete article this morning?

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.
Old December 27th 03, 01:19 PM
jennifer

The five-minute story is available online from

http://www.npr.org/rundowns/rundown....c-2003&prgId=3

Also, here is an article by Katie Allison Granju:

http://www.hipmama.com/node/view/588

jennifer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If Clay is vanilla....I'll take a gallon with nothing on it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I hugged you until you were not frozen anymore."
~Dana Scully to Fox Mulder

Old December 27th 03, 10:12 PM
AskeyKO

I am so ashamed that Dr. Johnston is from my state of Alabama. If his
statements and actions don't demonstrate the lack of information doctors may
have about breastfeeding, I don't know what will! As Dr. Gartner says in this
article, I doubt he's read much of the bf related research except what the
formula manufacturers may have presented to him. *sigh*
Old December 28th 03, 01:07 AM
Sue theo b

One part I liked from the followup article in Hip-Mama was the quote about "We
don't suggest the benefits of carseats or back to sleep. We talk about the
dangers of NOT using them." Sounds to me like it's time to do the same with
BFing. And yes, some familys will be uncomfortable enough to feel guilty when
popping open a can of formula just because it's easier. So?
Sue

The five-minute story is available online from

http://www.npr.org/rundowns/rundown....c-2003&prgId=3

Also, here is an article by Katie Allison Granju:

http://www.hipmama.com/node/view/588

jennifer

** remove "spamnot" to reply**