Local article on cosleeping :(

Old January 20th 04, 12:22 AM
Jenrose

Default Local article on cosleeping :(

http://www.registerguard.com/news/20...aths.0116.html

I'm so ****ed about this.

Especially this quote:
"In each of the local cases last year, the infants were subject to multiple
risk factors aside from co-sleeping, such as having parents who smoked or
used alcohol or drugs, said Patti Guthrie, a public health nurse with the
Lane County Department of Youth Services."

Yet they choose to focus on cosleeping.

NEWS ALERT.... people who are smoking, using alcohol and drugs around their
kids are NOT the ones who are likely to listen to warnings about how
behavior is affecting their kids!!! Yet people who DON'T have multiple risk
factors are NOT putting their kids at risk but WILL often listen to such
warnings.

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

Old January 20th 04, 12:28 AM
Jenrose

"Jenrose" wrote in message
s.com...
[...]

Okay... the BAD part of the article is on the front page. If you turn the
page, you get to "Safe cosleeping" info and a counterpoint from my
daughter's pediatrician (whom I absolutely adore, btw.... love love LOVE
that doctor!) talking about how SHE coslept and advocates cosleeping. (This
is the same doc who said that my daughter and I got the prize in her
practice for longest nursing...G)

But in the local article, we get all the scare on the first page, and you
have to turn inside to get anything of the "Well, really it's not so bad"
stuff.

Jenrose

Old January 20th 04, 12:32 AM
Jenrose

"Jenrose" wrote in message
s.com...
http://www.registerguard.com/news/20...aths.0116.html

I'm so ****ed about this.

Oh geez...reading further they say not to cosleep if you have, get this,
LARGE BREASTS.

GAAAARRRRGGGHHH.

My babies sleep in the crook of my arm when they're tiny. The only reason my
breast gets in their face is if they're nursing, because it's large enough
that it just hangs farther down. If they *twitch* I know it, but mostly my
breast is down in tummy vicinity because that's how it hangs, so to speak.
They are NOT in danger of smothering in my ample bosum! And if I'm not large
breasted, I don't know who is.

Alright, now I'm frothing at the mouth. How about *real* risk factors, like
getting high and then crashing on the couch with a baby....

Big boobs my ass.

Jenrose

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
Interesting local article on baby names sher General 292 October 1st 03 12:08 AM
Interesting local article on baby names sher Pregnancy 276 October 1st 03 12:08 AM
| Law Firm joins pro bono effort to reform foster care Kane General 0 September 25th 03 04:04 PM
CyberNews article: THE NEW PHONICS methodology and its history Tracy Sherwood General 2 September 4th 03 03:39 AM