Virginia Tech

Old April 16th 07, 11:26 PM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

Default Virginia Tech

We woke up to the news about it and details are unclear.

With prayer for all involved,

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old April 16th 07, 11:33 PM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

"Chookie" wrote in message
We woke up to the news about it and details are unclear.

With prayer for all involved,

Yeah, that's my old school. I'm stunned and dismayed.

Bizby

Old April 16th 07, 11:40 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"bizby40" wrote in message

"Chookie" wrote in message
We woke up to the news about it and details are unclear.

With prayer for all involved,

Yeah, that's my old school. I'm stunned and dismayed.

Bizby

I am stunned, too. I applied there for a job a while in bioinfomatics. I
could have been one who was shot.

jeff

Old April 17th 07, 12:57 AM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

"bizby40" wrote:

"Chookie" wrote in message
We woke up to the news about it and details are unclear.

With prayer for all involved,

Yeah, that's my old school. I'm stunned and dismayed.

Bizby

It's still unclear. My husband keeps saying that no one could have
done anything any differently or do anything now to prevent it
happening in the future. It isn't as though there is a gate on campus
- it's not like a Navy base.

And my dd#3 and SIL both also went there. (Class of '90)
Old April 17th 07, 01:50 AM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
"bizby40" wrote:

"Chookie" wrote in message
We woke up to the news about it and details are unclear.

With prayer for all involved,

Yeah, that's my old school. I'm stunned and dismayed.

Bizby

It's still unclear. My husband keeps saying that no one could have
done anything any differently or do anything now to prevent it
happening in the future. It isn't as though there is a gate on campus
- it's not like a Navy base.

And my dd#3 and SIL both also went there. (Class of '90)

Although I haven't been on that campus, just about every college campus I
have been to is pretty much open. Even the ones that require IDs to get in
the buildings. I don't recall any college building I really needed an ID to
get into. Campus security is almost always weak. When I was going to NYU
School of Professional and Continuing Studies, the college IDs didn't have
my picture on it. Not very secure.

Security is as strong as the weakest link. And most of the time, at colleges
and schools, that is the students.

Jeff