Lack of Wet Diapers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 17th 05, 02:46 AM
Leslie

Default Lack of Wet Diapers

This is probably going to sound like a crazy question to be asking at
this time (with Lorelei being 11 months old!), but . . .

Lorelei's diapers are just never that wet. Never soaking, never
leaking, even overnight. Barely even damp to the touch, sometimes. (We
use cloth, btw, just regular dimestore prefolds with another thinner
one folded in thirds in the middle.)

She's tall, healthy, growing, weighs about 22 pounds. She still nurses
frequently, including during the night. I still feel occasional
letdowns, get full if she doesn't nurse for a while, even leak from
time to time, so I know the milk is there.

The only time she has a very wet diaper are on the occasions (about
once a week, if that) when it is very hot and she hasn't had much to
eat on a particular day I have given her a bottle of baby juice. Then
she soaks a diaper.

It seems to me that if she soaks a diaper when she drinks juice, her
"plumbing" must be okay. And I know I have milk. So is it possible
that she is just digesting the breast milk really efficiently? Would
you be worried?

Leslie