new here!!

Old June 27th 03, 04:01 AM
CME

Default new here!!

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Maureen Seufert wrote in message
hi guys..im new here..found this siite while searching the web......wow
i can sympathize with you guys.....im working.....but its considered
part time...i get 7 an hr but also get comision(spelling)....i have been
there 8 yrs...my rent etc has gone up.....i have asked for a raise 4
x.....and told that because i get commison.....i have to "earn what im
worth" its in the telemarketing field and with the new pa do not call
list well sales are down im getting 200 $ less then what i was
making....i could only pay half my rent.....and the landlord says if i
dont come up with the rest my the end of the month they are taking me to
court....so i have been looking for another job.....i hate the one i do
now but with my situation i have to keep that one and do something
during the day....which means my 12 yr old and 6 yr old will be with
there dad and sitter most of the week im so down.......my x is no
help....keeps telling me this is my punishment for getting div......im
also having problems witih my 12 yr old son....before i was div i had
discipline problems with him but since sep and div had been worse the
child has no respect for me when i tell his dad he just shrugs his
shoulders......my son called me a name right in front of his dad...his
dad just said "patrick u shouldnt call your mother that" if i said to my
mom what he said and MY father was there id have no tongue left in my
head!!!!!!!!!! i have a b/f and my b/f knows how he is and cnat stand
him and my son feels the same towards him.......i just feel like running
away sometimes.....all the stress i am under......i came here to offer
advice but i need to vent today......to see if anyone else is going
through same things with kids? and i feel sooo much guilt......with the
div having to have to work 2 jobs now......i feel like a horrible
mom......

I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running
together....

Whatever.

Wow Tiff, anything you'd like to talk about? I've never seen you so snippy.

Christine

Old June 27th 03, 04:17 AM
Kristen313

I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running
together....

Whatever.

Just another example of someone trying to get a little support, and you
responding with a nasty comment. Do you know how to be kind? Is your life
really that bad?
Old June 27th 03, 05:22 AM
Cele

On 27 Jun 2003 03:17:05 GMT, (Kristen313) wrote:

I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running
together....

Whatever.

Just another example of someone trying to get a little support, and you
responding with a nasty comment. Do you know how to be kind? Is your life
really that bad?

Kirsten, if it was, would this response make it better, and more
likely she'd be helpful, or worse?

Sometimes it's a good idea to just lay low for a bit, and get to know
who people are before you post. Learn a little about them, what they
face, what they've been through, what they've done about it. People
here are mostly pretty decent people, but everyone's got a story,
y'know. I expect you do too. In a big room full of people you didn't
know, you'd probably get to know 'em a bit before getting into the
heavy talking, right? You'd wait to see how the land lay, who might
have some shared experiences, stuff like that. You probably wouldn't
vent straight off....at least, I don't suppose most people would.
It's not so very different here.

If you've got some things you want to talk about with respect to
single parenting, why not start a new thread, toss out some thoughts
(but steer clear of the ex bashing stuff), and see what kind of
response you get to that? Most people can separate from a flame war
and cut to the chase. I'd certainly respond to posts like that with my
best efforts at support, and so, I think, would lots of other people.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.

Cele
Old June 27th 03, 05:29 AM
Kristen313

Sometimes it's a good idea to just lay low for a bit, and get to know
who people are before you post.

I've layed low for quite a while, and then couldn't take the nastiness of some
people anymore.(but steer clear of the ex bashing stuff),

I have nothing bad to say about my ex.
I am definitely not an ex-basher.
Most people can separate from a flame war
and cut to the chase.

That would be nice, but I believe it's a little too late for that now, don't
you think?
Old June 27th 03, 05:30 AM
Kristen313

I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running
together....

Whatever.

What would the purpose of this comment be? Trying to be helpful in her
sentence structure? Didn't think so.
Old June 27th 03, 12:24 PM
turtledove

"Kristen313" wrote in message
Sometimes it's a good idea to just lay low for a bit, and get to know
who people are before you post.

I've layed low for quite a while, and then couldn't take the nastiness of

some
people anymore.(but steer clear of the ex bashing stuff),

I have nothing bad to say about my ex.
I am definitely not an ex-basher.
Most people can separate from a flame war
and cut to the chase.

That would be nice, but I believe it's a little too late for that now,

don't
you think?

Actually no. Once you get done with your petty snipping and would like to
contribute in a positive matter, I'm sure you'll be welcome with open arms.
Right folks?

*b

Old June 27th 03, 12:28 PM
turtledove

"Kristen313" wrote in message
I might be way off base here, but I've just got this suspicion that
you're new to Usenet? If so, really think about what I'm suggesting.

I will definitely think about what you are saying. I am not new to

Usenet.
I've been very involved in 2 other groups for years due to a chronic

medical
illness.
No, I definitely don't think you can't find support here.

If the truth were to be known, I'm sure everyone would be happy for me to

go
away, which is most likely what will happen. Paul will be very happy, I'm
sure.

I, for one, would just be happy if you would contribute. Please, stay!
Heaven knows I got slammed my first time here...and now almost four years
later, I maintain the FAQ and wouldn't trade this place for the world. I
love these guys. Hell, I got remarried and STILL couldn't let this place
go.

How about this: I'll quit getting so damn frustrated at what you say.
Okay? Promise.

Now, why don't you tell us a little about yourself?

Hi, I'm *brianne, and I've been remarried for 2 years. I have a beautiful
(almost nine) DS who I have residential custody of. My ex is not really
involved in his life, however, my current husband loves him as if he were
his own. In fact, he says now he has somebody his own age to play with.
So, a lot of times you'll hear me say I have two kids. That's why.

*b

Old June 27th 03, 03:24 PM
Kristen313

Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.

Come on, do you really believe that?
Old June 27th 03, 03:27 PM
Kristen313

I hope you're feeling well at this point.

Very well, thank you much. Surgery and a 2 month stay in the hospital took
care of a great deal of it.If you give yourself time to get to know people,
sit back a bit, and
then post calmly on single parenting topics, I am quite certain you'll
be as welcome here as anyone.

Cele

Again, thank you, but I doubt I will ever be welcome.