Bunch of pathetic whiners

Old November 26th 03, 12:32 PM
Joelle

Default Bunch of pathetic whiners

think about some of the atrosoties that take place within traditional family
units, are you aware how common domestic violence is,

Oh this is the stupidest argument ever. Two parents are not better than one
because there are some families where there is violence. THat's like me saying
- Two parents are better because some single parents are alcholic,
prostititutes (hey - in fact MOST parents who are prostititutes are single
parents - that PROVES that married parents are better!), beat their children
and do all kinds of bad things.

You have to compare apples and apples - and all things equal - Good single
parent--good married parents - Two is better than one. There is one instance
where one is better. Studies show that kids are better off if their single
parent stays single.

I'm not very aware of
domestic violence in single parent house holds

You gotta be kidding?! There is more abuse and violence in shack ups than
married families.

Joelle

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old November 26th 03, 03:17 PM
Andrew

"Joelle" wrote in message
You have to compare apples and apples - and all things equal - Good single
parent--good married parents - Two is better than one. There is one

instance
where one is better. Studies show that kids are better off if their

single
parent stays single.

I'm not very aware of
domestic violence in single parent house holds

You gotta be kidding?! There is more abuse and violence in shack ups than
married families.

Joelle

Whoooaa, hold up there Joelle. Are you serious about the kids better if
single parent stays single bit? Does it completely rule out me 'getting
some'??? What does the study say about that? (its been a while, a hell of a
while in fact)

;-) Andrew

Old November 26th 03, 03:45 PM
Andrew

"CME" wrote in message

Your daughter is very lucky to have you.

Christine

Blush, blush. Gee, shucks, thanks ma'am.

;-) Andrew (very lucky to have a wonderful little daughter)

Old November 26th 03, 05:37 PM
Tiffany

Andrew wrote in message

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

lol..... I think most of us think that kids are better off with 2 parents
but that is not to say one parent can't do a fine job of raising a kid. So
far, I have done a ok job. My kid has no criminal record so that is good,
right? lol As for you 'getting some'.... well that would depend on a lot of
stuff.

Old November 26th 03, 06:09 PM
Joelle

Whoooaa, hold up there Joelle. Are you serious about the kids better if
single parent stays single bit?

I believe it is Barbara Dafoe Whitehead who wrote "Divorce Culture" that shows
studies that the order of how well children do best- is two parents staying
together (OBVIOUSLY we are excluding people married to crackheads and the like
- this is a general pattern) then they do better on the whole with a single
parent than they do is step families. I would imagine that the fact that
second marraiges with children from previous marraiges have higher divorce
rates would contribute the the negative impact on children.

Does it completely rule out me 'getting
some'??? What does the study say about that? (its been a while, a hell of a
while in fact)

Look at it from the kids point of view, they lose their family and world the
way they knew it in a divorce, then sometimes frightenly quickly, they have to
adjust to their parents partner and often that person's kids and they have NO
SAY on having to live with these people that are supposed to be instant family.
Would you like to live like that?

BUT BUT BUT, I can hear the buts now...

The sad fact of the matter is that our children's happiness and stablitity has
nothing to do with our getting some. Unless our getting some screws them up
more.

Old November 26th 03, 06:43 PM
Paul Fritz

"HanK" wrote in message
Unless you are the kid.........any parent that thinks that kids are as

well
or better off in a single parent home has their head where the light

doesn't
shine,

lol, idiot.

Take some time to remove your head from your arse and have a little think
about this statement, its floored in every way possible,

Bull

take a second to
think about some of the atrosoties that take place within traditional

family
units, are you aware how common domestic violence is, I'm not very aware

of
domestic violence in single parent house holds Paul, I could go on but

your
attitude seems so simplistic that I believe I would be wasting my time.

Mine simplistic? LMAO you better unplant your head and wipe the brown
stuff off your glasses. For you to claim that there is no violence in
single households shows who the real idiot is, not to mention your useless
arguement that because some households have domestic violence, that kids
are better off in single parent households...............I won't hold my
grath awaiting proof of your absurd assertions.

BTW, I am sure you could go on.......idiots can babble meaningless for
hours.

Regards
HanK

Old November 26th 03, 07:45 PM
Andrew

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Andrew wrote in message

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

555-TELLME-HOW

Andrew

Old November 26th 03, 07:57 PM
kat

"Paul Fritz" wrote in message

"HanK" wrote in message
[...]

Hey, Paul!
Don't get too worked up. Seriously. Some parents, obviously in a situation
where there was a divorce, or some type of custody battle (as opposed to
single from the start parent) don't deserve to be the custodial parent.
Obviously, in Hank's case, he had more money than she, and, obviously, he's
more proud of that than anything else. Obviously he had the money to throw
around on lawyers, and a nice, big home to show the courts that Daddy is the
better choice because Daddy also has money for private school. He probably
pointed out to the courts that he runs his own successful business, and ONLY
hires single mothers, maybe because it makes him feel better and more
superior than the world, or single parents, anyways. He probably even
offered his child's mother a job! I bow down to Hank. He IS a real man.
No, he just shows me that, sometimes, wrong decisions are made and that,
sometimes, some people shouldn't raise their children alone.
Hank said it himself. "Maybe its a financial thing," Yes, seems apparent by
what you've said. Money can buy your beautiful, modest home, your nice car
and your child's superior school, but it obviously doesn't and didn't buy
you some remedial english courses and a brain. Your logic makes me shake my
head, but only because I can't shake the stupidity out of you.
I'm a single mom. I also seem to be somewhat younger than what the majority
of others seem to be around here. Hell, there's some with grown kids that
are right around my age. I haven't seen a penny of child support, even
though it has been court ordered for well over a year now, and that really
had nothing to do with me and what I wanted. I was forced to get child
support a while back, although I haven't seen it. I don't complain. I left
him shortly after I found out I was pregnant because I could tell he was
useless and immature, and we were both comfortable with it, so, really, it
was a pretty much mutual agreement. He's a useless piece of ****. So what?
Not my problem. I'm almost positive there's a single dad around here,
either who posts regular or who just sits and lurks, who has what they
consider a useless mother. It happens.
I assume you live nowhere near I do, and I wouldn't have anything to do with
your flimsy business practices, not that you care, I'm sure, and I'm really
don't understand why anyone would work for such an employer. Be ashamed of
yourself, and do your best not to teach your child to follow in your
footsteps.

Regards
HanK

Old November 26th 03, 08:00 PM
Andrew

"Paul Fritz" wrote in message

"HanK" wrote in message
[...]

Ahh Paul,
But...
Consider a moment, since living separately, astoundingly, I have not beaten
up my wife once!!! Nor has she physically abused me in any significant
respect!!!!!!!!!
I ask you,
Coincidence?... or evidence?

Andrew