Merry Christmas! Anyone remember us?

Old January 4th 05, 04:23 AM
Betsy

"Cele" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:02:55 GMT, Alex Nemeth
wrote:

[snip]
Next year, it'll be nice to all be together in our own home....

And which area in the world will that be in?
----- Curious readers would like to know

Western Canada. I'm working on schools for Paul's consideration for
Pete as we type.

Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?

I can certainly try, though it seems I'll be flying solo. Guess I wasn't
what D wanted after all. *sigh*

Betsy

Cele

Old January 5th 05, 03:39 AM
Alex Nemeth

wrote:

[snip]
Next year, it'll be nice to all be together in our own home....

And which area in the world will that be in?
----- Curious readers would like to know

Western Canada. I'm working on schools for Paul's consideration for
Pete as we type.

Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?

My brother lives in Seattle WA.

I know this guy from another group who lives in Victoria ( on the
Island I beleive ) Haven't met him yet, we keep missing each other at
the group get togethers.

With the new job responsibilities, I'm not too sure until the last
minute.

Alex

Cele

Old January 5th 05, 05:30 AM
Cele

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 04:23:19 GMT, "Betsy" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[snip]
Next year, it'll be nice to all be together in our own home....

And which area in the world will that be in?
----- Curious readers would like to know

Western Canada. I'm working on schools for Paul's consideration for
Pete as we type.

Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?

I can certainly try, though it seems I'll be flying solo. Guess I wasn't
what D wanted after all. *sigh*

Ah, I'm sorry. Well, hell, then he wasn't what *you* wanted, either,
if that's the case.

Cele
Old January 5th 05, 05:30 AM
Cele

wrote:

[snip]
Next year, it'll be nice to all be together in our own home....

And which area in the world will that be in?
----- Curious readers would like to know

Western Canada. I'm working on schools for Paul's consideration for
Pete as we type.

Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?

My brother lives in Seattle WA.

I've got a couple of second cousins there. It's only about two hours,
if that, from here.

I know this guy from another group who lives in Victoria ( on the
Island I beleive ) Haven't met him yet, we keep missing each other at
the group get togethers.

I've got gazillions of relatives in Victoria - I graduated from high
school there. You're right about it being on the Island. It's a ferry
ride away.

With the new job responsibilities, I'm not too sure until the last
minute.

No problem. We haven't fixed a date yet anyway, but when we have,
we'll say so. :-)

Cele
Old January 5th 05, 05:31 AM
Cele

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:00:06 GMT, Alex Nemeth
wrote:

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:12:46 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:30:51 GMT, Alex Nemeth
wrote:
On 28 Dec 2004 06:18:59 -0800, "Paul & Cele" wrote:

Cele: Hi everybody! Merry Christmas. Hope you all had a good one. We
just finally got a net connection in this hotel in Boston, or we
might've wished you all a Merry Christmas earlier.

chuckle After all those "get a room" posts you finally did. :-)

Yup. ;-)

Yeah, I liked that part too.

Must have been all that snow tha kept you under "wraps" for this long

Heh. Nah, fact is, we had a monster of a time getting a broadband
drop. I took my laptop for various reasons, but partly because it's a
good games & DVD machine when you've got kids along. But we hoped to
follow this post up sooner, except only the Boston hotel had a drop.
Neither of us has a dialup account and we were just too darned *busy*
to get our act together & go to a net cafe.

I still think the Snow idea is more romatic :-)

Well, it *did* snow Christmas Eve, and we *did* think it was romantic,
to be sure.

And "busy" should be taken literally, okay? With two kids around there
wasn't much free time for the two of us.

chuckle I was reminded on Christmas day what it was like to have 4
kids under the age of 6 running around, either chasing or being chased
by the dog ( which is a Sable Collie, not a small dog ) :-) All
in-doors

Sounds extremely lively. Next year, we may well have a crowd, 'cause
my daughters & their partners & Pete & Paul and I will all likely be
in town. But no kids yet, and hopefully not for awhile, as mine aren't
ready and Pauls *certainly* isn't there yet.

Then again, there'll be this wedding, which might draw a few extra
people to town that time of year....

Cele
Old January 5th 05, 06:12 AM
xkatx

wrote:

[...]

Oooh... I wanna go! Last time I made it to Van was for a few days for
New Year's last year... A normal 12-13ish hour trip took over 17 hours,
since traffic was going at about 50km/h from Kamloops all the way down to
Vancouver... Lovely, lovely blizzard that hit about an hour out of
Kamloops... lol Never again will I do that, since we left before 10am and
when we pulled into the city and I stopped at a payphone to call home to let
my mom know we'd gotten there alright, she had told me it was after 3am.
I had a great time, even after the long commute down there, and even though
we stayed only 3 nights and 3 days (with no sleep at all, obviously hehe...)
I didn't mind the trek back home so soon. Drove 90% of the way home with
the windows completely down so I wouldn't fall asleep... lol
Wanted to go this year, but time, energy, work and money wouldn't allow it.
*sigh* perhaps next year?

Old January 5th 05, 07:20 AM
Cele

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:12:36 -0700, "xkatx"
wrote:

[...]

Well, next year is when the wedding is...that is, the end of this
year, I guess. Christine's in the same place as you, right? So maybe
you guys could share driving or something. :-)

You're right, it should only be around 12 hours, but hey, it's an El
Nino year, so maybe it'll make for a mild Christmas. If it's clear in
the Rockies, the rest is easy. I know; I've done the Alaska Highway in
winter a few times.

Anyway, we'll keep you posted. Failing that, we're going to someone
else's wedding in August, so maybe on the way back we could come
through Edmonton & Calgary instead of going straight out. Guess we'll
have to see how it all shakes down.

Good luck with all your other stuff. I forgot to ask when the baby's
due? Hang in there. Your folks may react all over the place, but what
can they do? Your life's your own. Take care, XkatX

Cele

Old January 5th 05, 04:54 PM
CME

wrote:

[...]

Will the wedding be in Vancouver? If that's the case, given enough notice,
I might be able to attend.

Christine

Old January 5th 05, 07:38 PM
denanson

"Cele" wrote in message

Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?

Don't count me out but I never go anywhere without Freddie!

Dennis

Old January 5th 05, 08:01 PM
denanson

"Betsy" wrote in message

Guess I wasn't what D wanted after all. *sigh*

Yeah, these own way relationships are a bummer.
He did you a favour, your worth far more that.

Dennis

Merry Christmas to all (well, almost all) Tiffany Single Parents 14 January 8th 05 07:37 PM
Merry Christmas! Chookie Pregnancy 12 December 28th 04 12:00 PM
Merry Christmas Leanne Pregnancy 6 December 27th 03 05:25 PM
America's Favorite Grandma Presents: Christmastime Do's and DON'Ts!! Mother Henrietta Hickey General 6 December 17th 03 08:08 AM
America's Favorite Grandma Presents: Christmastime Do's and DON'Ts!! Mother Henrietta Hickey Spanking 5 December 17th 03 08:08 AM