Answer the phone ?

Old January 11th 05, 01:18 AM
Bev

Paul Griffiths wrote:
"Bebelestrnge0721" wrote in message

Sooooo ....................... who, what, where, when, and why,

are all
the
single parents missing ?

Who I'm missing is probably a no-brainer. The remainder I'd rather

not talk
about. :-)

I bet she be missin you as well........how sweet !

I better get a job or sumthin' !

Jobs have pros and cons. I wouldn't do it without considering it

carefully
first if I were you.

You are so right ! lets see thinking....... Money/no money ? heat/no
heat? home/ homeless? Steak/hamburger? I could live without these but
NO coffee or cigarettes !! NOOOOOOOOOO!! grin
Helooooo ?

Hello.

Hi Paul !

--
Paul Griffiths

Old January 11th 05, 02:25 AM

"Lisa" wrote in message
. ..

"V" wrote in message

"Bebelestrnge0721" wrote in message
Sooooo ....................... who, what, where, when, and why, are

all
the
single parents missing ? I better get a job or sumthin' ! Helooooo

?
Bev

Hi Bev. I am here..... do not see anything much but "see my boobs" posts

and
stuff I usually see in alt.law
::sigh::
anything going on?
I am in a bit of a flare with lupus/FM and have not felt the greatest.
I am also looking for f/t work that will allow me to sit for a bit instead

of
staying on my feet for 8 hours waitressing.....
The kids are great.....they are out of school today and I am deciding what

fix for breakfast that will not make them whine about it.....
::another sigh::
What is up with everyone else?

"Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living" -Mother Jones

I just set up a job interview for Wednesday. To those so inclined, pls
offer up a g'day to St Jude for me!!

Lisa

Be strong.
;-)

Old January 11th 05, 02:27 AM

"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message
"CME" wrote in message
"Lisa" wrote in message
. ..
"V" wrote in message

snip

I am in a bit of a flare with lupus/FM and have not felt the greatest.
I am also looking for f/t work that will allow me to sit for a bit
instead of staying on my feet for 8 hours waitressing.....
The kids are great.....they are out of school today and I am deciding
what to fix for breakfast that will not make them whine about it.....
::another sigh::
What is up with everyone else?

I just set up a job interview for Wednesday. To those so inclined, pls
offer up a g'day to St Jude for me!!

Good luck to both of you!

Very definitely seconded.

--
Paul Griffiths

Thanks. If I could just show them just how damn good I am.....lol...

Old January 11th 05, 02:32 AM

"Bev" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello V . Good to see you ! Yeah I was almost tempted to "see my boobs"
but managed to restrain myself

Heh...well at least someone has some morals...hee hee

You have Lupus and FM ? I am sorry
you deal with that....my deceased partner had Lupus, I witnessed the
suffering of her flareups for many years. I am also looking for a new
job ..........

It is a terrible disease, but I am hell bent that it will not get me.

I haven't made up my mind yet .......I have worked as an
institutional cook for about 18 years now and to be honest my health
has me questioning if I should keep at that. You do work 8 hours a day
on your feet , I still need to do something active though for the
arthritis and DDD and thank somebody the heel spurs have relented
finally after having needles in them a couple times and spending 300.00
bucks on orthotics! So right now the local grocery store is looking
good

Snip.....hey , sometimes we gotta do what we "gotta" do. eh?

I just put my oldest J 23 on a plane back home to California
she was in for the holiday , we had a great time.

I am so glad that a good time was shared!

S 17 is doing much
better on her new meds, mind you "there are times" though , that her
teenage "know it all" gets us going ! She has maintained primary
custody of the baby, last court date we complied to having DYFS do a
home study (ack) and S has to have a Psych eval.done by MH/MR for some
reason our private P-doc eval is not good enough ? So this has to all
be scheduled in the next 20 days.

Keep it up. She will have to prolly stay on meds forever, but she will, in
time, get used to it.

J is one yr.old ! She is so adorable
and is a very happy little girl, she loves Elmo and Tigger .

Happy Birthday J!

Although
over the past few months things have been off the wall at times this
past 60 days is feeling a bit more in control. M and I almost called it
quits there for a while, the stress has been a very crippling factor ,
I figure if we get through getting S grounded and coping better herself
maybe this relationship will last to its third year in March. I am not
too sure at this point how much longer S will maintain custody of J at
this point it is court ordered that she not be left alone with J , an
approved adult must be present(me or M) at all times. It is very hard
for M to stay out of the stuff going on, when my daughter is talking
trash to me and treating me with a lot of disrespect, things have
gotten better so that stress has lessoned. I am beggining to let
myself accept that my daughter just may not be able to take care of J
and that it be best for the fathers family to have her and I have
visitation on a grandparent level. I wanted so much for my daughter not
to suffer this loss and truly think I did the right thing in supporting
her having the baby. As much as I have come use to having J here , the
best interests of both my daughter and her daughter may be that this
change. It stinks cause the father of this baby is no more involved
even less than my daughter, who has done so well except for the
explosive argumentative drama she puts us through. Which is the reason
I am not sure she can do this on her own. At 17 she still thinks I owe
her a living ? I have told her she needs to get a job at least part
time ( not sure she can hold one yet ?) It is less but it is still
there. I have resorted to prayer, just don't know who I am praying to?
I know some will tell me this is all my fault.........I know. I have
been fixing it for a long time now, I hope it gets better. Bev

God. He will be there when it seems no one else can be. You can only fix so
much, and she has got to meet you in the middle. Hopefully, she will open her
eyes soon.

Old January 11th 05, 03:49 AM
Cele

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:38:45 GMT, "V" wrote:

"Bebelestrnge0721" wrote in message
Sooooo ....................... who, what, where, when, and why, are all

the
single parents missing ? I better get a job or sumthin' ! Helooooo ?

Bev

Hi Bev. I am here..... do not see anything much but "see my boobs" posts and
stuff I usually see in alt.law
::sigh::
anything going on?
I am in a bit of a flare with lupus/FM and have not felt the greatest.
I am also looking for f/t work that will allow me to sit for a bit instead of
staying on my feet for 8 hours waitressing.....
The kids are great.....they are out of school today and I am deciding what to
fix for breakfast that will not make them whine about it.....
::another sigh::
What is up with everyone else?

Sorry to hear about your health stuff, V. Blech. May it settle down
shortly.

I'll probably be on steroids myself in a couple of months, when the
major allergy season hits. I get lots of energy at first, but it sucks
when they wear off....

Take care.

Cele
Old January 11th 05, 03:49 AM
Cele

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:09:08 -0500, "Lisa" wrote:

I just set up a job interview for Wednesday. To those so inclined, pls
offer up a g'day to St Jude for me!!

Lisa

Good luck to you!

Cele
Old January 11th 05, 04:14 AM
Cele

On 10 Jan 2005 08:14:53 -0800, "Bev" wrote:

Hello V . Good to see you ! Yeah I was almost tempted to "see my boobs"
but managed to restrain myself You have Lupus and FM ? I am sorry
you deal with that....my deceased partner had Lupus, I witnessed the
suffering of her flareups for many years. I am also looking for a new
job ..........I haven't made up my mind yet .......I have worked as an
institutional cook for about 18 years now and to be honest my health
has me questioning if I should keep at that. You do work 8 hours a day
on your feet , I still need to do something active though for the
arthritis and DDD and thank somebody the heel spurs have relented
finally after having needles in them a couple times and spending 300.00
bucks on orthotics! So right now the local grocery store is looking
good

Good luck with your job search, Bev.

I just put my oldest J 23 on a plane back home to California
she was in for the holiday , we had a great time. S 17 is doing much
better on her new meds, mind you "there are times" though , that her
teenage "know it all" gets us going !

I always found it was hard to separate the teen from the mental health
issues from the general stress stuff.

She has maintained primary
custody of the baby, last court date we complied to having DYFS do a
home study (ack) and S has to have a Psych eval.done by MH/MR for some
reason our private P-doc eval is not good enough ? So this has to all
be scheduled in the next 20 days.

They probably want to avoid any bias. Or sometimes they like to have
two evals - one from your doc and one from their own - to see if
they're consistent.

J is one yr.old ! She is so adorable

Happy birthday to J!

and is a very happy little girl, she loves Elmo and Tigger . Although
over the past few months things have been off the wall at times this
past 60 days is feeling a bit more in control. M and I almost called it
quits there for a while, the stress has been a very crippling factor ,
I figure if we get through getting S grounded and coping better herself
maybe this relationship will last to its third year in March.

Good luck with it. I can't imagine having tried to maintain a
relationship when we were going through the thick of things. I hope it
works out for you all.

I am not
too sure at this point how much longer S will maintain custody of J at
this point it is court ordered that she not be left alone with J , an
approved adult must be present(me or M) at all times. It is very hard
for M to stay out of the stuff going on, when my daughter is talking
trash to me and treating me with a lot of disrespect, things have
gotten better so that stress has lessoned.

I'm sure it is hard for M. That, though, shows that she cares for you,
so hopefully that'll be a foundation for recovery from all the stress.

I am beggining to let
myself accept that my daughter just may not be able to take care of J
and that it be best for the fathers family to have her and I have
visitation on a grandparent level. I wanted so much for my daughter not
to suffer this loss and truly think I did the right thing in supporting
her having the baby. As much as I have come use to having J here , the
best interests of both my daughter and her daughter may be that this
change. It stinks cause the father of this baby is no more involved
even less than my daughter, who has done so well except for the
explosive argumentative drama she puts us through. Which is the reason
I am not sure she can do this on her own.

Yeah....it's a hard thing to come to terms with no matter what the age
of your child, that there's a disability that's going to impact life
so significantly. My heart goes out to you. But I think it's very
sensible to try your best to separate what you want from what is best
for J and for S. Possibly, the father having custody is a good thing
for you and M, as well. I wish for you that whatever decisions are
made are best for all concerned, and especially for J.

At 17 she still thinks I owe her a living ?

That part, at least, is not uncommon to healthy 17 year olds. I found
with T that as she began to recover from the damage done to her, she
had to re-learn to be her own age. She had needed such extreme support
so desperately for so long, that when her healing made it possible to
begin to let her stand on her own, she had a very hard time letting
go, even gradually, of the support. She is now very close to 'normal'
(whatever that may be) and holds a job and is graduating this year,
but she definitely had to be weaned from the support provided. It was
a challenge for me to know when she was ready for that gentle push,
and when she still really needed me. The healthier she got, the
clearer it got, but it's always been an adventure. Thankfully, we're
well on our way to a healthy adulthood now. I wish the same for you.

I have told her she needs to get a job at least part
time ( not sure she can hold one yet ?) It is less but it is still
there.

If you're not sure she can hold one, maybe it'd be better to ease her
in, via some kind of agency? Here, we have mental health agencies that
do supported work environments to give people the skills they need to
get back to work. I don't know if you have anything like that there?

I have resorted to prayer, just don't know who I am praying to?

I don't think anybody does, really. I go with the Cosmos, myself. :-)

I know some will tell me this is all my fault.........I know. I have
been fixing it for a long time now, I hope it gets better. Bev

Who cares whose fault it is? The future is more important and it's
what you can control. Belabouring the past only takes energy from
improving the future, IMO.

Good luck.

Cele

Old January 11th 05, 04:21 AM
Cele

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:56:07 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"Bebelestrnge0721" wrote in message

Sooooo ....................... who, what, where, when, and why, are all

the
single parents missing ?

Who I'm missing is probably a no-brainer. The remainder I'd rather not talk
about. :-)

I miss you too...and the remainder I'll talk about voice. :-)

Oh wait! Maybe it's somebody else that you miss?

:-P

Cele
Old January 11th 05, 04:23 AM
Cele

On 10 Jan 2005 17:18:17 -0800, "Bev" wrote:

Paul Griffiths wrote:
"Bebelestrnge0721" wrote in message

Sooooo ....................... who, what, where, when, and why,

are all
the
single parents missing ?

Who I'm missing is probably a no-brainer. The remainder I'd rather

not talk
about. :-)

I bet she be missin you as well........how sweet !

Terribly. This long distance stuff sucks.

I better get a job or sumthin' !

Jobs have pros and cons. I wouldn't do it without considering it

carefully
first if I were you.

You are so right ! lets see thinking....... Money/no money ? heat/no
heat? home/ homeless? Steak/hamburger? I could live without these but
NO coffee or cigarettes !! NOOOOOOOOOO!! grin

See, me, I don't smoke & can do without coffee if I have no choice
(although it's certainly painful). But the heat thing.....well....I'm
Canadian.....it's supposed to go to minus ten here tonight, and this
is the warmest part of the country.....

Cele