OT Sing and Sign

Old March 31st 04, 12:31 PM
Poppy

Default OT Sing and Sign

Sort of for Teapot cos I know she was singing and signing with Moo boy but
anyone's welcome to reply .....

How did you get on? Has Moo taken to any of the signs? We just started
about 3 weeks ago but no reply signs yet (not at a class though - can't find
one nearby)

--Poppy n Pup

Old April 1st 04, 09:54 AM
teapot

"Poppy" wrote in message news:C_xac.1446$4N3.912@newsfe1-win...
Sort of for Teapot cos I know she was singing and signing with Moo boy but
anyone's welcome to reply .....

How did you get on? Has Moo taken to any of the signs? We just started
about 3 weeks ago but no reply signs yet (not at a class though - can't find
one nearby)

--Poppy n Pup

Well it was a 10 week course and we went to 7 and a half of them. Moo
boy loved it, but then he'd love a bit of A4 paper in a darkened room,
he's not that fussy. I developed an allergic reaction to Jessie Cat -
a black and white thing that the teacher hid in a box 'where is Jessie
Cat?, there he is? where oh where oh where is Jessie?' By week 6 I
had violent thoughts towards bloody Jessie cat but the kids loved him.

Moo signed 'more' for a while but it could also mean 'do the same
again' so 'more' actually meant 'stop' which was a weird one to get my
head around. He has been concentrating on crawling and walking so I
havent seen any more signs for a while but he does understand 'milk'
'drink' 'biscuit' (rice cake in our house!)and 'no', not that he takes
much notice of 'no'. He likes the animal signs.

I'd say it was well worth doing, although 10 weeks is a long time. I
also think it doesnt really matter what signs yo use as long as you
are consistent. Our teacher said that 8 months is the earliest she
has ever seen a baby sign but its worth getting into the habit of
doing early. A couple of people have asked if Moo was deaf when they
have seen me sign to him, but they have been really interested when I
explain that his hearing is fine and we are just doing it to help him
communicate better. My local playgroup has started to use the signs
in songs and that makes thngs easier as usually I am doing different
signs to others.

Let me know when you get the first sign, maybe Pup could talk to him
and find out why he thinks the bath plug is more interesting than the
hundeds of pounds worth of toys we have in the house.

teapot