9 month wbv

Old March 18th 04, 01:58 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Default 9 month wbv

Our pediatrician's office called yesterday, to remind us of an appointment
we weren't aware we'd made - apparently the ditzy receptionist had her March
calendar open when we were making an April appointment. (We'd shifted
scheduling so Caterpillar could get her osteopathic manipulation at the same
time as her well check, so were going to do the 9 month wbv at 10 months.)
I've got a lot of sympathy for days where the schedule falls apart, and I
had an unscheduled day, so we just took her in.

Caterpillar is a tall, tall, skinny girl. At 9.5 months, she's 30 inches
(off the charts) and exactly 18 pounds (45th percentile). She grew 1.5
inches in the last month. I chart her weight for height ratio because she's
always been at the bottom of that chart, and after a month in which she grew
straight out (no increase in height, and went from 5th percentile
weight-for-height to 15th), this month she grew straight up (no increase in
weight, and went from 15th to down below the 3rd). If she keeps up this
trend (ha!), she'll be 5'10" and 130 pounds when she's 20.

I know we worry too much as moms, but I can't help but realize she could
just as easily be 50th percentile for height, and with the same weight to
height ratio, that would make her less than 15 pounds, and off the charts on
the low end, and we'd all be freaking out about her weight. So just because
she's a normal weight percentile doesn't make me wonder if she isn't too
skinny, IYKWIM.

Other than that, she is well. She walked (3 steps to my mom, and 3 steps
back to my dad) for the first time yesterday. Then we made such a big deal
about it she won't do it again. Mom says she thinks Caterpillar wasn't
paying attention to what she was doing, and concentrated more on where she
wanted to go, and now she's overthinking it. Nobody but the 2 of them
has seen her walk.

My baby is such a big girl. (I'm also post-O, pre-AF, and TTC#2 over the
summer is sounding *so* good to me.)

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread; substitute mailbolt

Old March 18th 04, 03:15 AM
A&G&K

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds a bit like my DD in that she is also taller than she is heavy
(%-wise). She always chubs up a bit before growing taller. I had her 18 mo
health check a few weeks ago and had shot up to the 75% for ht (from the
50%) and was also weighing slightly more than usual at about 15%.
DD also took her first steps at about 10.5 months and also when she was too
disctracted to notice what she was doing. She walked on rare occaisions,
and then just got up and started staggering around the house the day after
her 1st birthday and hasn't stopped. She runs everywhere now

Good luck TTC #2.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old March 18th 04, 04:33 AM
She's A Goddess

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message

My baby is such a big girl. (I'm also post-O, pre-AF, and TTC#2 over the
summer is sounding *so* good to me.)

Yay for the big girl! Fight the urge. Fight the urge. Fight the urge.
Ask me again and I'll tell you the same thing :-)

--
Rhiannon
Mom to M. Girl (2 1/2 years) and O. Boy (9 months)

Old March 18th 04, 06:18 AM
Irrational Number

Phoebe & Allyson wrote:

Caterpillar is a tall, tall, skinny girl. At 9.5 months, she's 30 inches
(off the charts) and exactly 18 pounds (45th percentile).

We had our 9-month WBV today! Pillbug is
same height as Caterpillar, 30 inches, but
he's 23 pounds, so he's a porker.

Other than that, she is well. She walked (3 steps to my mom, and 3 steps
back to my dad) for the first time yesterday.

Wow, that's amazing!! Pillbug is physically
quite backward. He sits with support, but
there has been no sign of creeping, crawling,
and cruising is _so_ far off! The pediatrician
suggested we let him play more on the ground;
the nanny was aghast when I told her -- she
thinks that Pillbug can only survive because
she holds him all the time. I like the whole
baby-carrying concept, but surely it's okay to
let him play by himself sometime!

My baby is such a big girl. (I'm also post-O, pre-AF, and TTC#2 over the
summer is sounding *so* good to me.)

Hmmm.. Well, that's how this whole thing got
started, eh?

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old March 18th 04, 12:56 PM
Anne Rogers

Other than that, she is well. She walked (3 steps to my mom, and 3 steps
back to my dad) for the first time yesterday. Then we made such a big deal
about it she won't do it again. Mom says she thinks Caterpillar wasn't
paying attention to what she was doing, and concentrated more on where she
wanted to go, and now she's overthinking it. Nobody but the 2 of them
has seen her walk.

My baby is such a big girl. (I'm also post-O, pre-AF, and TTC#2 over the
summer is sounding *so* good to me.)

great news! I'm feeling jealous!

ds is also a skinny thing, but as he's not tall people do worry about his
weight, still 0.4th centile!

yesterday for the first time whilst standing up against toy he decided he
wanted to be supported by the stool instead and move! It's the first
independent movement he's done as he's not a crawler and though he walks
allover the place when supported, he hasn't really figured out that there
is funiture to grab hold of instead. I don't want much more progress for 3
weeks though, we are off on holiday and where we are staying has stone
floors!
Old March 19th 04, 03:15 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Irrational Number wrote:
He sits with support, but
there has been no sign of creeping, crawling,
and cruising is _so_ far off!

Apparently I was just like Pillbug, and then just got up and walked one day.

the nanny was aghast when I told her -- she
thinks that Pillbug can only survive because
she holds him all the time.

Bwahaha! At least she doesn't think it's spoiling if he doesn't sit in a
playpen all day.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread; substitute mailbolt

Old March 19th 04, 07:56 AM
Mary Gordon

My middle kid was like that. He never crawled or crept - he just went
straight to pulling up and cruising and then walking. It was hilarious
- at 9 months, he was just like your child - all he could do was sit
there. He never even learned to scooch around on his rear while
sitting like some kids do. He was like a little immobile buddha.

We own a summer cottage, and I literally could plop him down under a
tree outside near the closeline, go to the basement and get a load of
laundry and come back 10 minutes later to hang it, and he wouldn't
have moved an inch - he couldn't. I never, never could do that with
either of my other two - they would have crawled away immediately and
been halfway to China before I came back. Funny thing was, even though
he never crept or crawled, he was walking about the same time as the
other two (all three by their first birthday) so go figure.

We tried everything to try and encourage him to crawl or creep but he
just wasn't having any of it - he would make no attempt. He just sat
there! I worried about it at the time, since I'd read that crawling is
important developmentally, but not crawling doesn't seem to have meant
a darn thing in the big picture.

Mary G.

6 month roll call Kathy Breastfeeding 10 March 16th 04 04:36 PM
4 month WBV Kathy Breastfeeding 0 January 16th 04 08:15 PM
Not taking shower for a full month? woodyboyd2002 Pregnancy 13 January 12th 04 07:24 PM
Three month round up Cheryl S. Breastfeeding 13 December 24th 03 09:59 PM
Weight gain in almost 8 month old laurie Breastfeeding 8 December 18th 03 05:32 PM