Red Dots

Old March 30th 04, 01:16 AM
New York Jen

Default Red Dots

Lily's a nurse-a-holic, as she should be, and today I noticed that I have
small red bumps on my areolas. I seem to remember the same thing happening
with Laszlo, but I'm totally thrush-phobic and I'm petrified of getting it.
I can't see anything white in Lily's mouth, but I'm just paranoid. I never
had this kind of thrush (I've had oral thrush in the past) and I read so
many horror stories about getting rid of it. Anyone else just have plain
old red dots? They seem to be on those little glands the secrete a tiny bit
of milk, if that helps at all. My nipples in general are a little sensitive
from 2 weeks of constant nursing, so I know it could just be irritation from
that.

Thanks for any soothing words!

- Jen

Old March 30th 04, 04:13 AM
The Watsons

"New York Jen" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

/delurking newbie

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/bab...feed/8486.html

does this help?

Jess

Old March 30th 04, 01:52 PM
Sidheag McCormack

I had dots that sound like this, and like you was paranoid about thrush. We
never definitely had thrush, though, so probably it's just irritation as
you say. (I say "definitely" because I did have a crack that took many
weeks to heal, and I still half wonder whether we did have a bit of thrush
which was the reason for it taking so long.)

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003