4 Months Old September9

Old August 28th 04, 02:44 AM
Jill

Default 4 Months Old September9

Okay, Rachel will be 4 months old. Is this NOW enough time that I can resume
a full exercise regimine without worrying about my joints and tendons not
being healed from pregnancy? My midwife freaked out when I told her I went
running at about 4 weeks post partum. I only ran one mile! And then walked
one. She did not give me specifics just said wait at least two months and
that she'd rather see me wait a lot longer to make sure my body's healed-
she said I could hurt something and not know it until it was too late.

I want to go back to some of my more strenuous exercise videos etc....and I
would like to at least jog.

?? Will this affect breastfeeding insofar as if I exercise too strenusously,
will it affect my milk supply?

Old August 29th 04, 08:15 AM
eggs

"Jill" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Four months should be plenty of time to get back into an excercise
routine, but I would gradually build myself back up to original
activity levels. Don't be dissapointed if it takes a couple of months
to get back to speed. I have never found that gym work affected my milk
supply, but I do know that some mothers find that the taste of their
milk is affected for an hour or so after they exercise, and the baby
might not like this. Maybe it is lactic acid in the milk? Not sure,
can't remember. Anyway, I didn't have this problem, but it would be
best to nurse Rachel just *before* you go for a run/workout rather than
just *after*, in case she is fussy like this. Good luck with it, going
for a run would be a great way to get some private time to yourself.

eggs.

Old September 1st 04, 02:12 AM
Cathy

Jill wrote:
Okay, Rachel will be 4 months old. Is this NOW enough time that I can
resume a full exercise regimine without worrying about my joints and
tendons not being healed from pregnancy? My midwife freaked out when
I told her I went running at about 4 weeks post partum. I only ran
one mile! And then walked one. She did not give me specifics just
said wait at least two months and that she'd rather see me wait a lot
longer to make sure my body's healed- she said I could hurt something
and not know it until it was too late.

I want to go back to some of my more strenuous exercise videos
etc....and I would like to at least jog.

?? Will this affect breastfeeding insofar as if I exercise too
strenusously, will it affect my milk supply?

I started jogging at about 4 weeks. I NEEDED the stress relief. But after
about a week of it, I had had enough, and just got back to walking. My
midwife asked how I felt during and after the jogging, and she sort of
o.k.ed it, but wasn't too happy. I reckon you know your body best, and if
you need to do more exercise, do it. I have read that it can be best to
nurse first though, just in case Rachel finds the taste affected. And if
you remain hydrated, it shouldn't affect your supply.

Cathy
DD 8 Jan 03
EDD 8 Dec 04