still here...

Old August 28th 04, 02:57 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Default still here...

But I managed to get some sleep last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 28th 04, 03:20 PM
Indyrah

I was just gonna check on you! Glad you got some sleep.

Old August 28th 04, 04:13 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Indyrah wrote:

I was just gonna check on you! Glad you got some sleep.
"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote in message

But I managed to get some sleep last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was amazing. I went to bed at around 1:30, or something, and woke up
at around 8:30, for the day. I woke up once before that, but only for a
couple of minutes. I didn't even need to get up and pee! It was weird!
(but OMG did I ever need to go at 8:30, heh heh)

I still feel tired, but at least I'm in a good mood.

We're going to see a movie today. I'm making sure that we remember to
go, this time. ;-) I picked one out: Hero. It's some martial arts
film that was apparently made a while ago, but is playing here right
now. I like martial arts films, even though they are *completely*
unrealistic. The theatre is probably going to be crowded and annoying,
what with it being Saturday and the weather being horribly hot and
humid, but we're going to go anyway. Actually, I'm really looking
forward to this movie, because it seems kind of reminiscent of
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", a movie that I really liked (and own
on DVD but can't watch too often because the ending makes me cry so
much). Oh, and yes, you can bet that we're going to get aisle seats. ;-)
Old August 28th 04, 04:53 PM
Zannah

In article ,
Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:

We're going to see a movie today. I'm making sure that we remember to
go, this time. ;-) I picked one out: Hero. It's some martial arts
film that was apparently made a while ago, but is playing here right
now. I like martial arts films, even though they are *completely*
unrealistic. The theatre is probably going to be crowded and annoying,
what with it being Saturday and the weather being horribly hot and
humid, but we're going to go anyway. Actually, I'm really looking
forward to this movie, because it seems kind of reminiscent of
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", a movie that I really liked (and own
on DVD but can't watch too often because the ending makes me cry so
much). Oh, and yes, you can bet that we're going to get aisle seats. ;-)

"Hero"? It's had some really good reviews.

Enjoy!

Zannah.
Old August 28th 04, 08:05 PM
zolw

hey Vicky;

When you get into labor & you're in the hospital for a while, but not in
active labor yet, try to get as much sleep as possible. Seriously, that
might be the last you will hear from sleep for a long time. You will
learn the reason why sleep deprivation is a major torture technique.

Good luck, will be thinking of you.

Mona

Old August 28th 04, 09:05 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Zannah wrote:
In article ,
Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:

We're going to see a movie today. I'm making sure that we remember to
go, this time. ;-) I picked one out: Hero. It's some martial arts
film that was apparently made a while ago, but is playing here right
now. I like martial arts films, even though they are *completely*
unrealistic. The theatre is probably going to be crowded and annoying,
what with it being Saturday and the weather being horribly hot and
humid, but we're going to go anyway. Actually, I'm really looking
forward to this movie, because it seems kind of reminiscent of
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", a movie that I really liked (and own
on DVD but can't watch too often because the ending makes me cry so
much). Oh, and yes, you can bet that we're going to get aisle seats. ;-)

"Hero"? It's had some really good reviews.

Enjoy!

Well, we saw it, and we've got mixed feelings on it. The movie is
definitely a real treat to watch, but it's got some odd philosophies in
it that didn't entirely sit well with us. DH felt that it had a bit of
propaganda in support of the current type of government. I couldn't
quite put my finger on what didn't sit well with me, but there
definitely was *something* (I could explain in more detail, but I
wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet).
However, if you don't bother with the philosophies and just watch the
movie as a piece of art, it's really quite nice. The visual aspect of
it is really nice and the fight scenes are fun.
Old August 28th 04, 09:09 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

zolw wrote:

hey Vicky;

When you get into labor & you're in the hospital for a while, but not in
active labor yet, try to get as much sleep as possible. Seriously, that
might be the last you will hear from sleep for a long time. You will
learn the reason why sleep deprivation is a major torture technique.

Good luck, will be thinking of you.

Thanks.

I'm not entirely sure how I'll be able to sleep in the hospital, though.
It depends on what the pubic bone does.

I have been sleep deprived for months.
Old August 29th 04, 01:03 AM
Zannah

In article ,
Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:

Zannah wrote:
In article ,
Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:

[...]

Really? Interesting. My husband's planning to go see it, so I'll be
interested to know what he thinks.

How are you feeling otherwise?

Zannah.
Old August 29th 04, 01:06 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Zannah wrote:
How are you feeling otherwise?

Completely normal. ;-(
Old August 29th 04, 08:52 PM
Elle

Vicky Bilaniuk wrote in message ...

We're going to see a movie today. I'm making sure that we remember to
go, this time. ;-) I picked one out: Hero. It's some martial arts
film that was apparently made a while ago, but is playing here right
now. I like martial arts films, even though they are *completely*
unrealistic. The theatre is probably going to be crowded and annoying,
what with it being Saturday and the weather being horribly hot and
humid, but we're going to go anyway. Actually, I'm really looking
forward to this movie, because it seems kind of reminiscent of
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", a movie that I really liked (and own
on DVD but can't watch too often because the ending makes me cry so
much). Oh, and yes, you can bet that we're going to get aisle seats. ;-)

I think Hero was made by the same people who did Crouching Tiger. My
husband and I saw it on DVD a few months ago -- it came out in China
over two years ago, I think.

It is a very beautiful film.

Enjoy, and I hope it's the last movie you see for a little while

Elle