still here...

Old August 30th 04, 06:55 AM
Emily

Elle wrote:

Enjoy, and I hope it's the last movie you see for a little while

It doesn't have to be, even if she's in labor as we speak.
Newborns can be pretty easy in movie theatres. DS came with
us to Star Wars Epsisode II, since I wasn't about to let DH
see it first, nor vice versa. He was about three weeks old,
and just nursed/slept through it. I did keep his ears covered
at all times though -- I was afraid for his hearing with how
loud they had the Dolby going!

Emily
Old August 30th 04, 01:16 PM
Leslie

Emily said:

It doesn't have to be, even if she's in labor as we speak.
Newborns can be pretty easy in movie theatres.

ITA. We took Emily to see Mel Gibson's Hamlet when she was 13 days old. She
slept/nursed through the whole thing. I have found you can safely take a baby
until about four months. That's when they start to sit up and take notice of
the movie and want to talk about it instead of quietly nursing and sleeping.
For those who realy, really want to see a movie and don't want to leave a baby,
we once went to a midnight show (of Speed, IIRC) when Teddy was 9 months.
There were tons of little ones there, in their pajamas, peacefully sleeping in
arms while their parents watched the show!

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old August 31st 04, 06:17 AM
Kelly

Oh, I never thought of going to the late late showing. Doi.

Kelly