Female rapist goes SCOTT FREE!

Old March 24th 06, 05:16 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default Female rapist goes SCOTT FREE!

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Werebat" wrote in message

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...20060321/18234
85407.htm

The question is, why was the boy so reluctant to testify?

Because his mother didn't want him to testify! Where is the

father
in
all
of this and where is the father's opinion about how his son is

being
treated
in this case? Shouldn't fathers have some say in how their sons

are
treated
in the legal system? I can understand mothers with sole custody
controlling decisions about a child's education, religious

training,
and
residence, but can a court decree a mother the right to determine

child's
legal options?

I guess I should state the obvious. If a court won't allow a

mother
bargain away a minor child's right to child support why would a

court
allow
a mother to bargain away a minor child's right to access to the
criminal
justice system?

The mother didn't bargain away anything.

Please explain this comment that his "mother didn't bargain away

anything,"
when on another response you commented "His mother was the one pushing

for a
plea agreement so that it didn't go to trial." There must be some

nuance
there that I don't get.

You wanted to know how his mother could bargain anything away. She

didn't
strike any bargains as she had no authority
to bargain anything.

She can make her feelings known, but she can't strike any bargains. It

wasn't about her.

And a bigger question that faces society today is - Should an

individual's
personal rights trump the public's right of conscience?

Absolutely. The boy has personal rights. Why would you want to trample

on his right to privacy, in the interest of
"the public's right of conscience"?

The judge rejected the plea bargain agreement because it "violated the
conscience of the court." The judge wanted the public's right of

conscience
to be preserved and not allow it to be compromised by a personal desire

not
to testify.

It was the prosecutor who decided the boys personal rights (lack of

interest
in testifying because of anxiety over media attention) should trample on

the
public's right to conscience. Normally a prosecutor represents the people
and is charged with the responsibility to uphold our laws in a "justice is
blind" atmosphere. That is not happening here and I suspect this case is
not over yet.

To me this is just another sign about how our judicial system is broken.
What we have exposed here is the tail wagging the dog, i.e. the

prosecuting
attorney telling the judge screw you, you are wrong, so I am going to
embarrass you publicly. It is games like these that go on within the
judicial system that have caused me to lose all respect for the legal
system. The same thing happens in the CS system - The DA's tell the

judges
how to rule.

Worse than that; some yahoo mediator tells the judge how to rule.

misc.kids FAQ on Children's Books/Central Female Characters [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 January 18th 06 05:48 AM
Ooops... Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 2 October 2nd 04 04:09 AM
Stop killing Innocent Puppies! (Petition) The Puppy Wizard General 0 October 10th 03 06:59 PM